Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Constant Burning Stabbing Pain Under Right Breast

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 34 and have been having this constant pain under my right breast my feet have swelled up since this pain started. I dont know what it could be. When I try to sit up it hurts even more. Can anybody tell me if they have had this before. This is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. My feet are so swollen I can feel the water moving in them when I walk. I cant lay on my side and any sudden movement it burns even more. If anybody can give me an idea of what this pain is that would be awesome
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2005
Community Volunteer
You are 34?? Or 34 weeks pregnant?

If your pregnant, sounds like some bad heartburn, this is about the time it starts getting bad when preggo.
|

I Am 34 Weeks
Im 34 weeks prego and its not heart burn. Your heart is in the middle of your chest, doc said it could be my liver but she wasnt sure
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Actually your heart is on the left but it doesn't mean that when you get heartburn you will only feel it there, I could feel mine everywhere from ribs to neck. Your liver is low so I don't know but if your doc says it's that then maybe it is, they didn't tell you what to do for it? If it's that bad go to the er.
|

I have been to the er and its definitely not heart burn they gave me pain killers to take but it doesnt help much. Right where it hurts my skin is hot all the time and its a stabbing pain that goes straight to my back. Its just been getting worse since I went to the er last
|

Have they done any tests to check for a blood clot or anything like that? Have you called your ob?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
sweetums wrote:
i have been to the er and its definitely not heart burn they gave me pain killers to take but it doesnt help much. Right where it hurts my skin is hot all the time and its a stabbing pain that goes straight to my back. Its just been getting worse since I went to the er last

well I have no idea then, sorry. I hope everythign will be ok with you though, please let us know if you find out what it is.
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Call ur ob/gyn n check. It's best to see the same doc as they have ur medical case history.
|

replied October 8th, 2005
I had the exact same problem when I was pregnant with my son. It felt like he had his leg stretched out and had his foot permanantly lodged between my rib cage and my flesh. It hurt badly!!! I didn't really think that could possibly be what it really was, but I had read somewhere that that is exactly what it was. After the baby gets so big, it does whatever it can to stretch out its limbs. The article said that they will do this. It hurt like that for about a week or so after I had him, then it went back to normal.
|

replied November 16th, 2009
I am having my fourth child and have had that pain with all of them. We diagnosed it as gaul stones on my last ultrasound. The dr said that they have probablly always there but being pregnant it is harder to pass them and they become painful. This was my diagnosis it might be something to discuss with your doctor. Good luck.
|

replied March 13th, 2010
I am 24 weeks pregnant and have the exact same pain which has been there for almost a week now.It is unbearable and lying down or taking rest does not seem to reduce the intensity. My Dr checked me for gall stones n pre- eclampsia and the results came out negative. She put me on Tylenol and said it was due to gas trouble. Nothing seems to help and now I am told its because of the ribs expanding to accomodate the growing uterus. The pain should hopefully subside in 10 days. Please let me know if there is any other reason for this stabbing pain and how best to cure it or tolerate it.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
is this room for only pregnancy problems??? becaus if not imhaving pains under my left breast and it comes and goes and i dont know ifits associated with the heart or what. i do have a history of anxiety. can somebody tell me please.
|

replied October 19th, 2010
This is the 2nd kid this is happening with and both times i went to the labor/delivery unit shot me up with demeral and sent me home.
|