Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lump On Cervix

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,
i'm concerned about a small lump i've discovered on my cervix,it seems to be getting bigger,i'm wondering if anyone has any idea what it might be.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper snobaby36
|

replied October 24th, 2005
I Think I Know What Yer Talking About
I have discovered a lump located in my vagina... I think we both may have some kind of vagonal cancer....
|

replied October 25th, 2005
Experienced User
If you've discovered a lump, I would suggest going to an ob/gyn and getting a pap smear. That will determine if there is any dysplasia or abnormal cell growth. If there is, a colposcopy and biopsy will follow. Get it checked out.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I have a lump too, and my doctor said it was a polyp (spelling??) I was told its not harmful but I still have no idea what it is.
Gosh I hope you two dont have cervical cancer... That is scary. If you think you might the best thing to do is to be treated asap!
|

replied February 3rd, 2006
I have those each month during ovulation time,
they are nabothian cysts,
they have nothing to do with cancer.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah well I hope it doesnt have anything to do with cancer, but that doesnt mean they all have they same thing.
|

replied February 5th, 2008
crystal1111
what a nasty thing to say! dont ever diagnose anyone when you dont know all the facts.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
help
i have a large lump on my cervix for a year went to doctor wont know results for 10 days has anyone else had this
|

replied July 13th, 2009
reply to kimlucas,crystal111 was not diagnosing anyone she simply stated what i could be and for that person to get it checked-a list of things it could be
cyst
dysplasia
cancer
nodule
wart
infection
abnormal shaped cervix
you are the one being rude.did she once say u have it?noooooooooooo.
|
Users who thank snobaby36 for this post: ellefjay13 

replied October 22nd, 2009
i hav a lump inside my vagina.....i am scared wat do i do...??
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2009
I would definitely go get the lump checked out asap! But I have to say, my friend discovered a lump as well about 2 years ago. She was too afraid to go to the dr.'s no matter how much I told her she needed to go. Even if we offered to go with her....so long story short.
When she got pregnant and started going to the dr.'s, she obviously told the dr. about the lump (believe me, it was there. she made me feel it once!) and it was gone! The dr. said there was nothing there and she never actually got an answer about what it was. But knowing all the stress she went through....just go to the doctors and get it checked out. If it's something serious, at least they can start treating it asap. And if it's nothing to worry about....at least you know and won't have to worry about it anymore!
|

replied March 25th, 2010
Vagina lumps
i have a lump on my vagina and i have had it before i even got my period. I am under the age of 16 but it still scares me what this could be. Any ideas?
|

replied September 30th, 2011
your cevix will become lower during or before your period and sometimes people are feeling there cervix and worrying about it. when you are due for a period it opens up so if you feel it you can feel the edges of the cevix this is probably the lumps you can feel. but always always get it checked by a doctor. even if its nothing its always worth spending an hour of your life just getting checked than becoming seriously ill.
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Hello, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and recently got told by the doctor I had a lump on my cervix it started with a "p" I forgot what he called it. But he says it's totally common in pregnant woman... My concern is that I have had hpv in the past idk if I still have it and I know that causes vaginal cancer so I'm pretty worried about the lump not being what the doc says it is
|

replied January 24th, 2012
i had a small lump in my vagina and it has slowly gotton bigger, now its about the size of a smal rock. Im very worried about what it is, any ideas? Also my vagina seems to be swollen on the inside. What causes this?
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
I have a few small lumps on my cervix had them checked and the doctor said it's not uncommon for women to have spots n lumps on there cervix especially after having kids..the majority of women don't have smooth cervix doctors just don't tell u about them during a papsmear if they look normal..I also have a lump on my vaginal wall which is a blocked gland with calcium build up
|

replied February 27th, 2012
My fiance just had a pap smear today and they found a lump the size of a dime. They are checking it for cancer I think. I'm really scared, because I'm sure its cancerous. How seriou7s is this. Is it severe?
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Does your fiance have any symptoms of cervical cancer?..it could just be a polyp
|
Tags: lump, cervix
Quick Reply