Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

White Film On Lips

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm really not sure if this is the right forum, so forgive me if it's not. :d

every morning when I wake up, I have a white film on my lips. It seems the longer I sleep, the more I get. It's easy to get off after I get up, but it looks nasty. Any idea what might cause this and if it's treatable/cureable?

Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Relyt
|

replied October 10th, 2005
I have the same thing, im pretty sure its saliva, I dont care when I wake up and its there, but if im at work and I dont chew gum it shows up, and it looks gross
|

replied October 10th, 2005
It sounds to me like a case of the pasties, or more properly known as dry mouth. I would suggest not eating any foods atleast 2 hours before bed time, and drink a 500ml glass of water before bed as well. Follow that for a week, and if you still have problems then come back, post, and ill suggest something else. Btw, im not a doctor but I do research various health topics daily as it is part of my full time job to do so. So im not just full of bs if thats what your thinking. Smile

if you have any questions please email me
edit
|

replied September 8th, 2013
I personally am going to try your suggestion. I hate waking up every morning with my lips looking nasty. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know what happens.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2013
It means you're dehydrated. Just drink more water throughout the day and it will fix it.
|
Tags: lips, sleep, skin
Quick Reply