Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Tylenol Sinus

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 36 weeks pregnant and I have terrible cold is it ok to take tylenol sinus. Sad

thank you very much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2003
Hello,

no it is not ok to take tylenol sinus if you read the side of the box it will say not to take when pregnant.. You have to be very careful in what you take while you are with child... If it gets really bad I would suggust go to see your doctor he/she maybe albe to give you something..
|

replied December 12th, 2003
No Medicine Is Completely Safe
Hi,
i have a terrible cold also...Keeps me up all night long. I asked the doctor...He said that the robitusins are alright, however even they are a class c medication which means that studies have shown that harm can be done to the unborn child. Benadryl is a class b and is safer than robutusin...But bottom line is that nothing is really completely safe. I'm staying away from the stuff and just suffering. No improvement yet but i'm hoping for the best. Ask your doctor though before taking anything. Always ask your doctor first. Good luck and feel better.
-beccak
|

replied December 12th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
The best thing might be a vaporizer or steamer to help with the cold. Medicines arent very safe but try that, it should help.
|

replied December 19th, 2003
Experienced User
Medicines
Hey hey

hey .. The only medication that I have been told to take when I am pregnant is what my doctor has given me or tylenol regular or extra strength but thats it.. I am not sure about what ones r safe and wat ones arent.. Read the box and to be extra careful call your doctor and ask or call the local pharmacy... I am 38 weeks pregnant and have only taken tylenol once.. I fought of a couple colds and the flu without meds lol I only took the tylenol for my back pain since nothing else worked
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
Poster #1: Did you consult a doctor before giving that advice?
I called my OB office with the question about what product I can take to relieve the nearly constant sinus problems I've been having during pregnancy. They said Tylenol Cold & Sinus (I didn't even name the product first). I'll take my doctor's advice over the advice of a random poster on a website who probably thinks pregnant women should just suffer with everything. If your symptoms are severe or chronic (as mine have been), the decreased oxygen to the baby is likely a greater risk than the one posed by taking this med.
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
The side box does not say do not take while pregnant but to consult with a doctor before taking it if you are pregnant.
|

replied May 25th, 2010
Tylenol sinus
I am 28 weeks pregnant. My obstetrician said it is fine to occasionally take Tylenol Sinus. There are also several other medications which my obstetrician considers okay to occasionally take for a variety of problems. According to my obstetrician it is actually okay to take Ibuprofen in instances when Tylenol will not provide relief, BUT ONLY BEFORE 28 WEEKS. AFTER 28 WEEKS IT IS NOT SAFE! He also stressed to me that if Tylenol will work, it is the better option.

It is important to note that different doctors have different opinions. I would never take anything while pregnant unless MY doctor gave me the okay first and would advise anyone else who is pregnant to do the same!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur