Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Help I Have Protien In My Urine!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 19wks pregnant and my ob found high levels of protien in my urine and now I am swelling really bad. I am retaining a lot of fluid in my face legs and feet.Has anyone had this and how is it treated?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Protein In Urine
Usually when they find protein and ur swelling its due to high blood pressure/eclampsia

i had it with elisa but had it only for three weeks and it went away on its own, the only things I did was relax keep my feet elavated and cut down on walking to much

dr told me if it didnt cure after 3rd week they would induce labor as it can do dammage I was 36 weeks at the time so it wasnt that bad....I heard that if you are under 28 they'll give you bedrest and worse case conditions water pills (direutics) or something like that

wish you luck!~!
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I have the same problem. The other day I went for my second prenatal ( I am 20 weeks on monday) and they took a urine test and he said he wanted me to take another one at home and drop it off at the lab because they found some protein in my urine. He said it usually means nothing, but he wanted to make sure, and he wouldn't say much more then that. So when I came home I looked it up and it usually means there may be traces of preeclampsia/eclampsia. But when I was talking to my ob she said it could also mean an infection. So I don't know if she means like a uti (urinary track infection). If you want to learn more about preeclampsia and eclampsia, I found a good site: www.Preeclampsia.Org

good luck!
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Hello kimmeh, I had that problem with protien in my urine with my last pregnancy; it was severe. I would like for you to make sure the doctors keeps a close eye on you, because it could be preeclampsia which is a serious condition. Take care of yourself and i'll keep you in my prayers.
Antoinette is my name.
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
I am curious how you made out with your high protein levels.........Did you develop preeclampsia?
I am a different scenario............I am 24 weeks pregnant with normal blood pressure and no swelling, but I have had 1+ protein in my urine since 15 weeks. Has anyone ever heard of this?
|

replied January 17th, 2009
protein in my urien
I am 40 years old in my 30th week, the dr said my protein levels are 1250 are they going to induce my labor before my 36th week? he also said i might have to have a kidney biopsy after the baby's born. i don't know if this is necessary .
|

replied May 20th, 2009
protein in my urine
im 23 weeks pregnant and my last 2 ob visits my doctor said i have protein in my urine however she doesnt seen too concerned bcuz i dont have high blood pressure. has anyone ever been in the same situation?? im kinda worried.....
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Experienced User
i was in this situation
When i had my son 3 years ago i had protien in my urine.When i was about 35 weeks at that time i had no idea what high protein meant.I was sent for a scan and all was perfectly fine.Then about 8 weeks ago my son went to hospital with a blood infection caused by tonsilitus and they knew he had an infection because his blood results came back saying he had raised protein levels.So raised protein is likely to be from a small infection the worse the infection the higher the protein will be as the protein is made by your body trying to kill off the infection.The infection can be anywhere in the body and if your care giver isnt worried then try not to worry too much Smile (it can also be high blood pressure but there are ussually other symptoms of that too)look up pre eclamsia to put your mind at ease about this Smile good luck ladys and congrats on your babys Smile
|