Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Can I Make My Baby Come Out 3 Weeks Early? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 15 weeks prenant today 12/2 and my due date is may 25th. I am supposed to be in a wedding in cabo san lucas, mexico on may 20th. I am wondering if there is a way to make the baby come out a few weeks early and still be healthy? I know I will not be able to fly on the 20th so I need to know.

Thank you all for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2003
Deleted
|

replied December 3rd, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Goodness me don't be so silly. That has got to be the most selfish thing I have ever heard. You are going to carry this child for nearly 9 months, and then you want to risk it's health so you can look good in your brides maid dress ?? Use your head girl ! I'm sure your friend will understand that you will be close to your delivery date and that's why you can't be at the wedding.
|

I Understand
It is really not about being selfish, I obviously want the healthiest baby ever. I also wanted to be in my mother's wedding too. Two very important things to me. They will all understand. I was just wondering if there was a way to please both of the 2 most important people to me. I appreciate you replying but I do not appreciate you calling me selfish.
Thanks
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Could you not go to your doctor and ask for your labor to be induced??? I'm not sure if they would do it but there are some doctors who would. However your child would still only be a few days old and I would not want to take such a young infant out of the country
|

Is there anyway your mother would be willing to post pone her wedding a month for you?? I am very sure she would not want to jepordize the health of her daughter and grandchild. I realize things need to be booked far in advance, but maybe just move it a month or so with out any monetary backlashes. If not, it is your mother, and she would want what is best for you. Mothers are selfish for their children- not themselves- not trying to say anything against you, but mothers make sacrifices all the time for their children- it is their nature. Talk to her and I am sure she would understand.
Good luck, and let us know what happens.
Wendy
|

replied December 14th, 2003
to Mckimto
Hey girl.... I don't wanna call you selfish but why would you want your baby to come and be a premature baby with complications, just to be in a wedding???? Rolling Eyes think about that... I mean I understand it is very important to you and all, but just think about it... My friend was tired of herself beinpregnant and she had 3 more days to go, and the doctor told her as a joke to have sex and eat spicy stuff , and guess what the baby came .... But you don't want to have the baby tooooo urly do you ?

Oana23
|

replied December 16th, 2003
Yopu may not like being called selfish, but that's basically what you are. Or, atleast, what you are coming across as. There is no way to guarantee the health and safety, nevermind the readiness, of your baby if it is born three weeks early...Purposefully. Just dealt with the fact that you may not be there, but for a really good reason. Probably the best reason I can think of!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Please ask your mother to reschedule...So that you and your baby can be healthy!

Jennifer Laughing
|

I Understand
I sort of have the same dilemma. My two best friends are getting married on march 13, but I am due on march 12. My decision was to attend their bridal showers and ask them to forgive me for not being at the weddings. The fact is that the health of the baby is the most important thing. I don't think you're being selfish! However, think of the worst that could happen and that will make you think twice. Maybe your mom can have a small ceremony at home, after cabo, where you and the baby can attend. That way she will have her beautiful wedding in cabo as well as an intimate event with her close relatives at home. You can even make it a pot luck event where close family members can share some old memories of the bride. Just a thought. Good luck...And let us know what you decide.
|

replied January 11th, 2004
Are You Crazy!!!!
I just read your qustion...Andi almost cannotbelieve wha I read....You want o possibly risk yorunborn babyshealt because of a wedding....That is so selfish....First of al there isreally no way to ake a bby come into this world earlyunless decided and done soby a doctor.A doctor would not induce a pregnancy unless there was a severv medical problem having to do with yourself orhe unborn baby.....Things that could lead upto an induction cold be for the mother preclampsia,gestational dieabetes,iron defficences and many others...Babies are sometims delivered early because of an inuterine growth retardation low fetal movement and other things as well...The only advice I want to giv you is thathen your baby is ready to coe into this world he/she will please dot rush things ...A baby delivred 3 eks early would still be considered full term but nothing is garunteed and the lungs ould be underdeveloped ad other things could gowrong too....My daughter was deliverd at 36 weeks becausei had delivered preclmpsia ad was at risk for havin seizures so my ob decided to induce....I wasnt woried about anything because I as tld my baby as a wee awayfrom full term and that everything would be fine....Well everythingwasnt fine.....Her lungs still had no fully develpoed she had to be put ina bubble than on a machine called c-pap nd when that dident work they had to call a transport tem from he closest childrens hospitaland rush her there to be put on a ventilator because she couldent breathe...This all could have been prevented....I dident get to hold her for many days and mentally it all did a toll on me.....Please tis is yur baby health please stop thinking about a weddingand think abut he health of your newbornbaby....Also even ifyou did have the baby early......You wouldent want t travel t of the country withhim/her anyways....Trust me......Tis obviously must be your firstbaby....Also ittakes time to recover from a vaginal delivery andeven longer from a c section you wouldnt be up to beingin a wedding anyway most likely...Anyways good luck
|

Experienced User
I understand that you're prolly sick of being pregnant and you want the baby out. It's only 3 weeks before he or she should arrive but everyone is right. It's not a good idea. Why risk the health and safety of your baby for a wedding??? The person who came up with the idea of your mom having a little post wedding bash at home is a smart lady. That's a very good idea. Just don't do anything to possibly hurt your child just to get it out. Was your child planned? I get the feeling it wasn't...
|

Experienced User
K listen up, I gave birth to my daughter, christina, at 35 weeks she weighed 5lbs 2ozs and was only 18 inches long! Her apgar score was 4!! I wasn’t able to take her home until 8 days after I was discharged, it really hurts not taking your baby home and that’s what you risk when you induce labor early on! Please don’t risk your baby’s health!

Kelly
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Worried About Cabo
I have a small amount of advice for you. I would not want to try to even take a baby out of the country that early. Do you realize that you would need a passport for the baby and all needed vaccinations before you go. You seroiusly would not want to risk your babies health by not getting required vaccinations which can not be done in one day. There's a lot of work needed to take a small child to a foreign country. I think it would be way too much stress on you and your baby by even worrying about it all. Your mother should understand..I hope. Take care of yourself and your baby!
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Undrestand
I'm like 5 months preg. amd im due aug. 22, and we are going on vacation for two month to texas im just scared to have the baby somewhere that i dont know anyone or i dont know the dr.
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
cancel vacation then?
|
Users who thank kmiller25 for this post: Fairy Godmother 

replied April 3rd, 2009
well
ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE SWEET HEART
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I know it can be really hard but everything happens for a reason. Example being I am pregnant with my third and the timing couldn't have be worse. When I found out, I had just been laid off, but I have been rolling with the punches and I am now 33 weeks and anxious, however, it will all be worth it in the end no matter the scarafices that need to be made. Smile and try to enjoy the time the baby is in there, because when the baby comes out there is no resting! Stay positive and know that at least you are doing everything you can in your power to have a healthy baby and may God bless you.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
To all the ladies in shock!!!
a couple of weeks is not a risk at all if you know anything aout having a baby.your no longer pre term at 37 weeks. both of my children were healty as can be born at 37 weeks and they were perfect! dont be so rude to the girl! it was just a question.
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Best of Luck
I agree. Don't tell me any of you weren't anxious to meet the new little one inside you....EARLY! People ask to be induced ALL THE TIME and for more ridiculus reasons like before the 1st of the year to get in on the tax break! I don't think 3 weeks is too early as I had my little girl at 35 weeks at 5lbs. Though my only concern would be to take the baby with you (esp if you're breast feeding), that is something that I would definatly want my baby to go through at only a couple weeks old. If your mom could postpone the wedding, that would be ideal. Do what you feel is right and don't let these people judge you cause like I said, we've all thought that at the end of our pregnancies!
|

replied July 25th, 2009
I fell ya
I agree with Mel4669 !! i mean really you are carrying the baby more than 9 months when going by the pregnancy wheel... cause there is only 36 to 38 weeks in 9months total!! So i was surprised when they gave me my due date.. I mean its really like 10months if ya ask me!!! lol I know How you feel about trying to have the baby early... cause I wander the same thing too... like mel4669 says a couple weeks early isnt that bad... a baby can be born between 38 weeks to 42 weeks.. 40 weeks is just a between marker.. So my suggestions is walk a lot, I mean a whole lot... go to big parks walk for a a half a day then that dont work walk for as long as you can in one or two days... Like i did with two of my kids I had on the same day was go to a carnival and walk around the whole day.. woke up in labor the next day both times!!! good luck!!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile