Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Itchy Redness On Penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Alright, so I had sex with my girlfriend and I didnt shower and I left for the weekend.. I didnt shower for like 9 hours after intercourse... 4 days later I noticed some red bumps on my penis right where the head meets the shaft, and some skin was peeling off a little bit... I didnt know what to do so I looked into this a lil and thought it might be a yeast infection... I've been putting clotrimazloe cream on it since the redness spread and became itchy... There are no open sores or anything like that... But once I started putting the cream on my penis, and I did this for a couple days and it began improving, however I began to have burning during and after urination... If I dont urinate for a while it doesnt burn, and it's only at the tip of the penis head just ever so slightly internally.. So I went off the cream for a day and the buring sensation was less noticeable but the redness got worse again.. Help me out, i'm freakin out...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hiddenname53
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Probably just some dry skin... Really nothing to worry about. Some cream should help. Could it possibly be a condom allergy?
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
similar problems
I am having some similar problems. I have been awake for two days now and im going insane. My penis head is red, and it hurts after i urinate/ejaculate. Its a burning sensation, but it doesnt hurt everytime. I have been drinking too much soda lately and think that it might be part of the problem. I cant remember how long this has been affecting me. I've been reading all these other forums and most of their symptoms im not having. the only problems i have encountered are: burning/pinching in tip of penis, the head of my penis is red,& urinating almost every hour, also i dribble after urinating. NO BUMPS, NO RASHES, NO OTHER VISABLE LIQUID, JUST A BURNING AND THE TIP OF MY PENIS IS RED. I am almost certain that its not an STD, or at least am praying to GOD that its not. I will consult a doctor in two days or sooner if I keep loosing sleep. What I would like to know if there is a way for me to check myself other than seeing a dr, and is there somebody else who has the same problems? I am sick of reading and geting no help because theres nobody who has symptoms like I do. This is the closest thing i could find to having similar problems... please help me. sorry if none of this makes any sense i have been up for a long time, and am too tired to recheck my grammar. thx.
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This definitely sounds like a yeast infection. Ask your doctor for nystatin ointment. It will relieve the burning and rash and take care of the yeast overgrowth. It is the most effective topical treatment for this condition and is the medication of choice.
|

replied April 10th, 2008
still nothing
So I went to the dr. and had a blood and urine test done, they call me back today and tell me my test results were negative, but failed to tell me what i was tested for. I tried to call them back and ask them and all i get is the run around. I am very nervous about this, but I was given a prescription to take for a week. It is called ciprofloxacn 500 mg take 1 pill two times a day. What is this for?
|

replied March 4th, 2010
my stupid dick
the day after sex with my girlfriend i develop a red rash on the tip of my penis which eventually dries out and slowly disappears. it happens every time and its goddamn painful not to mention extremely annoying. its not an STD or anything like that, we've both been checked and results were negative. this hasn't happened with any other previous partners. what the hell?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
whats the answer?
during sex i get a stinging sensation inside my penis, after stopping i checked out the problem and where my foreskin connects to my penis is a lil redness, and i dont know what it is.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
i dont know wat is going on like right below the head if is red and peeling a little bit and it looks like its open like a sore or something i have know clue wats going on help me
|