Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Numbness of Hands, Painful Abdominal Cramps

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi everyone,

last night something very strange happened to my boyfriend. He was complaining of a "gas bubble" in his tummy immediately after eating a very rare hamburger. After going to bed, which was about 2 hours after eating, he had to get up because he felt he needed to go to the bathroom. I heard him moaning loudly on the toiliet, so I went in to the bathroom to see what was wrong. He was having an awful, painful bowel movement, and he said the cramps were unbearable, like he was going to faint. What made me the most worried was that he said his feet, face, tongue, arms and hands went completely numb. His fingers stiffened up and he was unable to move them. I massaged them for him, and shortly after the episode he regained movement in them. The only thing that makes sense to me is maybe he got food poisining from the hamburger, and the pain caused so much nervousness which in turn caused these strange symptoms. I guess if anyone has any advice that would be great. I don't think he is going to the dr, since it went away in a matter of 2 minutes. Does anyone know anything about hypertension? I think the pain triggered a lot of nervousness, which could have had something to do with it too.

Thanks,

laura
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2010
What was the diagnosis for his condition. I started haveing the same problem 2 nights ago. And now I get recurrent symptoms and belly ache.
|

replied February 13th, 2011
I just got the same thing except I didn't have the bowl movement. I was TRYING to have a bowl movement to see if that would help the stomach hurting. It got really bad, I went to the store and got some pepto, drank some, laid there in pain for a bit, and numbness started in my hands on the way back from the store. I called the people at the emergency room, was informed that I had to dial 911 if I wanted an ambulance (apparently they can't send one even if your hands are numb so you can't drive). Anyway, I was getting so pissed because of the people at the emergency room and trying to find their number that right after I got off the phone all symptoms suddenly lessened and now I'm practically fine. It was so weird.

I hope someone posts what this is so people will know.
|

replied February 13th, 2011
I just got the same thing except I didn't have the bowl movement. I was TRYING to have a bowl movement to see if that would help the stomach hurting. It got really bad, I went to the store and got some pepto, drank some, laid there in pain for a bit, and numbness started in my hands on the way back from the store. I called the people at the emergency room, was informed that I had to dial 911 if I wanted an ambulance (apparently they can't send one even if your hands are numb so you can't drive). Anyway, I was getting so pissed because of the people at the emergency room and trying to find their number that right after I got off the phone all symptoms suddenly lessened and now I'm practically fine. It was so weird.

I hope someone posts what this is so people will know.

Oh and the numbness went halfway up my arms and was on my face as well.
|

replied December 12th, 2011
Had the same symptoms as above. Anybody know what the causes are?
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Sharp abdominal pain numb hands
Last night (new years eve) I was at home drinking with some friends. All of a sudden I had severe pain at the top of my abdomin. I didn't feel like I had to go to the bathroom, I thought I might throw up from the pain. It got hard to breathe when the pain was most intense. This went on for about 10 minutes and then both hands went tingly and numb at the same time. The tingles started going half way down my forearms. My fingers were stif ad I was unable to move them but when my friend held my hand I could squeeze. We dicided to go to the hospital but when walking to the car suddenly all symptoms disappeared! It was so strange and scary. Undoubtably the worst pain I ever felt! (and I've had a 10lb baby)
I have no idea what caused it but if anyone knows please post!
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Sharp abdominal pain numb hands
Last night (new years eve) I was at home drinking with some friends. All of a sudden I had severe pain at the top of my abdomin. I didn't feel like I had to go to the bathroom, I thought I might throw up from the pain. It got hard to breathe when the pain was most intense. This went on for about 10 minutes and then both hands went tingly and numb at the same time. The tingles started going half way down my forearms. My fingers were stif ad I was unable to move them but when my friend held my hand I could squeeze. We dicided to go to the hospital but when walking to the car suddenly all symptoms disappeared! It was so strange and scary. Undoubtably the worst pain I ever felt! (and I've had a 10lb baby)
I have no idea what caused it but if anyone knows please post!
|

replied March 11th, 2012
A temp solution
same symptoms... I had OAKACID D before half an hour of next meal and ORIN O after 20 minutes fo the sme meal. Repeated this thrice and got rectified, Caution: Dont take if your pregnant/ expected to be,
|