Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Got Sick After Getting a Filling

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Today I got a filling. No big deal, have had about a million of them. As I was driving home I felt sort of dizzy. By the time I got home, the room was spinning and turning and I felt my eyes keep darting back and forth and I couldn't stop them. And I had a killer headache. I managed to lay down for a little while and the spinning and eye movements thing has stopped. This sort of happened about 2 years ago after a filling except it included nauseau and I threw up. Has this ever happened to anyone? I need to know what happened to me. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nikkichan
|

replied February 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey
Maybe you are allergic to novacaine!!! If I were you, I would have called the dentist right away to tell what was up!!!!
|

replied February 11th, 2004
The dentist gave you too much novacaine and thats exactly why you got sick. Please next time tell him to give you only a tiny bit, they can do that. Tell him what happened.. Speak up!!
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Heads Up
It is impossable to have allergic reactions to Novacaine. Most Dentist are using Lidocaine any how and only a few millagrams. The reason you got sick is the bacteria from your mouth and teeth got realeased directly into your blood stream. If you are feeling like you have the flu just monitor your temp. That is the easiest way to know the severity of your infection. If after 3 days of your dental visit you dont feel better see your doctor for antibiotics. If you dont have insurance medi stops are great for picking them up and might cost about 70$.
|

replied May 6th, 2012
Mercury Poisoning. I'll bet your dentist didn't use a dental dam on ya. Tiny pieces of that "silver" MERCURY filling were ingested and voila..... you're poisoned by the 2nd most dangerous compound on Earth, just under Plutonium.
|

replied May 6th, 2012
Mercury Poisoning. I'll bet your dentist didn't use a dental dam on ya. Tiny pieces of that "silver" MERCURY filling were ingested and voila..... you're poisoned by the 2nd most dangerous compound on Earth, just under Plutonium.
|

replied May 6th, 2012
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska