Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lump On My Face

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hey. I found about a week ago a lump on my face. I was waiting to see if it was like a pimple or something cuz its right underneath a mole on my face, so I was thinking I couldnt see the whole thing cuz its under this mole. But anyway, nothing has happened its maybe grown a bit. Its egg shaped about half an inch long. Its not noticeable to the eye, but I can definitely feel it. I was wondering if this is something to worry about. Ill probably go have it checked out tommorow, but right now I am just really worried that it could be serious. It hurts teeny bit if I touch it, if I leave it alone it doesnt tho. Anybody got any advice for me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2005
Re: Lump On My Face
babybaby7783 wrote:
hey. I found about a week ago a lump on my face. I was waiting to see if it was like a pimple or something cuz its right underneath a mole on my face, so I was thinking I couldnt see the whole thing cuz its under this mole. But anyway, nothing has happened its maybe grown a bit. Its egg shaped about half an inch long. Its not noticeable to the eye, but I can definitely feel it. I was wondering if this is something to worry about. Ill probably go have it checked out tommorow, but right now I am just really worried that it could be serious. It hurts teeny bit if I touch it, if I leave it alone it doesnt tho. Anybody got any advice for me!
|

replied May 13th, 2013
Hey. I've found some kind of bump on my face about 2 weeks ago and I'm not sure what it is. I asked my mom but she said it could be a cyst it could be quite possible and the way to take it out is by going to the hospital and getting it removed. Anyways, when I got it, it seems to be getting gradually bigger. It's located right and the top-end of my upper jaw and whenever I touch it, it does have a little pain but nothing brutal. My grandfather is a skin doctor and I think he'll defiantly know what it is. But I'm kinda freaked out because I'm seen him do some pretty bloody things.....but anyways once I go there ill check back and see what it is. One more thing is I really have the urge to open it but I'm worried it would get infected.
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Re: Lump On My Face
I had something that sounds kinda similar to what you are describing. Mine ended up being a tangle of blood vessels, after I went to countless docs to find out what it was. The doc that figured out what it was had the vessels injected with something and it disappeared after a week or so. Don't know if this helps or if your condition is what I had.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2005
Community Volunteer
My bf had a smal lump on his face that kept growing. He was finally told it was a swollen sweat gland and had it surgically removed (it took like 10 minutes) he has a tiny scar now.
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
I think I had something similar to that. My face was swollen and it looked like a pimple and felt like one but it was a abcess. Or how ever you spell it. I went to the doctor got some anitbotics and put hot compresses one it. ( hot water on a cloth and just press down)after I did that a couple of times I went to pop it bc I saw a lil white head and all this pus and stuff came out of it. I had to do that 3 times a day. But I felt less pressure to my mouth and it didnt hurt anymore. I have a lil scar from it tho. Which sucks but its lil you can tell
|

replied April 7th, 2010
I have a lump like these on my face like these
|

replied November 20th, 2010
I have the same issue...a small bump under a mole on my face. Hurts only when touched and not visible to the eye. It's located on my cheek bone. Wondering what was the results of ur inquiry.
|
Users who thank MightyMim for this post: PaulaBaron 

replied March 20th, 2011
yeah i have a lump on my face which appeared and i thought it could be a spot but it never developed and it has been present for 5weeks now, i went to the doctor and was told i have acne, i thought it is abit strange as i am 26 and have dry skin. Im still worried and dont no whether to get a seccond opinion?
Hopefully it is a blocked pore and it will go soon but if not i dont no wat treatments i can use?
|

replied June 3rd, 2011
Re:
I would try going to go get a second opinion before trying to treat it on your own. I have a lump on my face also it looks sort of like a bite of some kind. I'm not exactly sure but I'm watching it to make sure it gets no bigger. That's another thing, if it's getting bigger you should definately go get a second opinion.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
I have a small bump as well. Raised off the skin about a millimeter and the circumference of a small bb. I've picked at it and it has bled and scabbed over a couple times now. It is def not a zit or acne. It just randomly appeared and has been there about 3 weeks. Starting to concern me. I don't have insurance. I will try the hit compress suggestion. Does anybody else have any ideas?
|

replied December 14th, 2011
Lump in my
Look for free clinics in bigger cities near your home. I had an abscess in my upper leg/butt last year and went to a free clinic in downtown Los Angeles. They gave me two different pills to take over a few weeks, and the lump eventually went away. Now I've developed one on my cheek bone, so I'm heading to another free clinic soon.
|

replied May 21st, 2012
RE: lump on my face
I have the same bump on my check bone that has been recurring for over 25 years. It comes and goes, but ALWAYS in the exact same spot. I have never had it diagnosed, but it is annoying regardless. Sometimes it has a small head on it, but others it is just swollen. Any ideas?
|

replied March 11th, 2013
I have a bumo to on my cheek bone to its been there for a week now an I put acohole on it and it doesn't want to leave an when I squeez it it fells loke a ball in my skin a little one tho
|

replied September 20th, 2013
I had the same lump on my face as described here. It appeared to grow almost like a bug bite but didn't hurt, looked like I had an egg shaped raised skin. After about two weeks of watching this thing and putting Apple Cider vinegar nightly, I decided to take my fingernail on an angle and pushed on it really hard in the shape of an X...and BOOM! All this clear blister like water oozed out; I pushed until my face was flat again. It scabbed over and all is gone Smile Must of been a clogged sweat gland filled with sweat water...

I hope this helps
|

replied February 25th, 2014
Did you find out what the mole with the bump was? I have the same thing, and I'm really worried. Someone said the mole could grow into the other layers of skin. Please respond
|
Tags: lump, pimple, touch, skin
Quick Reply