Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Paranoid?? Please Respond to My Post!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I'm having an issue that I need some advice with!!

You see about a week and a half ago I had brown mucus come out of me when I wiped and went to the toilet (a couple of days after unprotected sex) but it only went for a day and a half. I'm not getting any of the normal signs that my period is coming (normally start spotting by now).

My issue is that i'm a tad nervous that its going to be late and my partner and I had an arguement bout 6 months back because he thought I was tricking him into getting pregnant because I was writing down when I was getting my period ( that wasn't my intention). I have since then stopped doing that to make him feel more at ease I just try and remember the dates of when its due.

Do you think i'm just being paranoid??

When should I consider buying a pregnancy test if it is late??

Its probably nothing and i'll most likely get it in the morning but for future reference please respond to my post!!

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You can test as soon as you miss your period. Actually you can test up to 4 days before your period is even due, but sometimes the results aren't as accurate....
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Yep that is right
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
How would you ladies handle being in the situation that I have found myself in?? (in first post)

i think that is what is eating away at me the most!! Because it was never my intension.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If he dosn't beleive you than that's his fault. Did'nt you say you stopped keeping track of it??

Don't let him blame it on you if your pregnant....It's just as much as his responiblity as it is yours
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Thank You
Thank you I wanted to say something but I didnt. Yeah it goes both ways. Not only one to get pregnant two. But dont worry swetty were all here for you...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
As far as your signifigant other is concerned he just does not understand. I was told by my gyn to keep track of my cycles. It is the best way to tell when is something is wrong with you... Even other than pregnancy. Did you try to explain that to him and that when we women go to the dr's even for a cold that they always ask us the date of our last menstrual cycle.
|

Experienced User
Aye he should know that you are suppost to keep track of your period just so you know if there is any problems. If you are pg its just as much his fault as yours ( sorry to sound like that) but anyway, as for the matter at hand. Say well you wanted me to stop tracking my period so I did. I didn't trap you or anything if I am pg. I tried to keep track of it so I knew what my period was like and so if it stoped I could see what was going on. Wether you believe me or not is your choice as for me going on with this pg .... Thats my choice but I really want you to understand I was tracking so I knew and so I could plan accordingly so this would be less likely to happen. Cause keeping track of my period is also a way to find out when I ovulate and what not. And go with that. He might hate you but he should get over himself maybe he might want this maybe not but either way if you are then its happening. If he doesn't want you or anything to do with it at that point. Then thats his choice. You can't make guys grow up and take resopnisbility. Its something that happens over a long period of time. And some guys its hard to explain but I know obgyns do tell you to keep track of them so you know if somethings wrong with you or your body. Whether its stress, pg, or cancer.
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Wow Thank You
Wow thank you soo much for your feed back!!

Its the next day and still no sign!! Trying not to think about it to much.

I know he will adjust if I am!! But hes not ready just yet!! Hes 26. I just hope he will understand and not think i've tricked him!!!
|

replied September 27th, 2005
Brownish Discharge
I am 18 weeks pregnant and happily married. However, my husband and I had sex and a day later I had a brown discharge, I freaked and called my obgyn, they told me that it was just from having intercourse and that the discharge was from that and could be present for up to 48hours. So don't panic, it could be just that....
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Again Ladies! Much Appreciated!
Well for now lets hope thats all it is!!

Still no period but the last 24 hrs I have felt like I have pee'd myself. I keep on thinking its my period but obviously isn't!!

It tends to happen in mid cycle but never when i'm due for my period.

Thanks again ladies
much appreciated!
|