Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Cramping Before Period Comes ... Is This Normal ? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Dear all,

my period due on 7 octocber. I got intercourse with my husband 2 days before best ovulation day. Unfortunately, his sperms went inside when we did the intercourse. 2 days after, I feel my lower abdomen cramped and backache. I never feel this symtoms before. I am wondering is there anyone feel early symtoms as this one before indicating that early pregnant. I never feel the cramped for any period I have since so far. We have been trying so hard to get kids soon. Hopefully is someone there will be the same as me. Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards
enquiry
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Andthenwat
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Yes it is normal to cramp before your period but when I was pregnant my lower abdomen and back cramped like everyday before I went to sleep. There could be a high possibility that you are. I thought I was cramping because my cycle was comming early but my body had other things in mind. :)
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2012
I very often have back pain, cramps, fatigue and pain in my stomach similar to the feel of heart burn. I'm not sexually active, so I know I am not pregnant. Its perfectly normal to feel these things, but at the beginning of pregnancy you don't feel much. If you're worried consult a doctor not the internet. Doctors always know best and can give you tests you need. Smile my mother had 2 children, (adopted mother) and had 7 pregnancies, all but two were miscarraiges. If you miscarry you won't feel loads of pain like it seems in movies, and you typically only feel tired and more hungry because the body is working to protect and nurture the growing life inside of you. Hope I helped a little. Good luck! Smile
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Thanks Saniya
Today, the cramped is gone. I really worry about that. I still waiting for the spotting to come. My period is due on 8th oct 05. Hopefully I will get more symtoms before that. Really worry that I am not pregnant. I will let you know if I got any more symtoms. I hope the cramped really showed that I am pregnant. Really hope so. Thanks.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey
Hey...That's how I am..My cramping is going on & off & i've had a lower backache..Although yesterday I had light brown spotting very light...Sounds like were in the same boat..I waitting to take another test prb at the end of this week if nothing happens...Keep are fingers crossed :) & good luck
|

replied October 2nd, 2005
I Still Hoping For the Best ...
I still got 5 days period due. Still got no sign of breast tender or cramping. When is the time I really can feel breast tender, is it after period due or before period is due ?

I am hoping to get pregnant for 2 months already. Hopefully this time will come true ...
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Cramping Before Period Comes ... Is This Normal ?
mints wrote:
dear all,

my period due on 7 octocber. I got intercourse with my husband 2 days before best ovulation day. Unfortunately, his sperms went inside when we did the intercourse. 2 days after, I feel my lower abdomen cramped and backache. I never feel this symtoms before. I am wondering is there anyone feel early symtoms as this one before indicating that early pregnant. I never feel the cramped for any period I have since so far. We have been trying so hard to get kids soon. Hopefully is someone there will be the same as me. Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards
enquiry
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Cramping Before Period Comes ... Is This Normal ?
mints wrote:
dear all,

Thanks.

Regards
enquiry

hi,

since it is 10 oct today, have u tested for pregnancy? Which part of singapore?

It is possible to fell crampy sometimes.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
My period is not due until for 2 more days, last week had light brown discharge that lasted about 3 days, it was watery land light red after dark brown episode?, had a cold, back ache, and for the past 3 nights in a row i've had cramping that makes me uncomfortable in one position for very long. I feel a fullnes in my lower abdomen and when i walk i walk slower due to its tenderness, as if i had a c section all over again???!! took 3 tests and all were negative, but I feel different could this be????
|

replied August 5th, 2009
You could have ovulated later than you were supposed to which is causing the tests to come back negative because your not that far along. You should be able to see if you are pregnant or not by now if you test again.

I am experiencing leg cramps at night, stomach cramps, lightheaded, queazy and bloating...I am not due to get my period for another wk & 1/2...I think I may be pregnant but I dont want to get too excited because I kind of experienced the same thing last month around th time my period was due and it was also a wk late but I still got it. I havent tested since and I am afraid to bc I dont want to be upset again. Any suggetions?????
|

replied August 7th, 2009
Hi I no that feeling, have the same things feel really tiered but now wide, but still feel tiered awake for most of the nite, need a we alot abloated feeling and feeling sick, white spots around my nipples. My prd is due monday. I don't want to do a test in case it's negtive. Real bad period cramps and backache all week.

Try easrier said than done not think about it and relax.!
|

replied August 21st, 2009
i have all the symptoms that u are all talking about cramping before period due sore breats, and this can happen just ur cycles messing around i am infertile and can not get pregnant no matter what i have have all ur symptoms not every cycle but most of them so it doesnt mean pregnany, just wait until the day u are meant to have aperiod then test as worrying weather u are or not and reading into symptoms can make symptons worse and cause u to be late mind playing tricks
|

replied December 20th, 2009
PLEASE HELP
im really worried my period is 4days late...and i have a 2 n a half month old baby this is supposed to b my second period after childbirth, last month i started on the 16th and ended the 23rd....its allready dec 20th and still no period i m feeling a bit of discharge i read thats a early sign of preg., i feel alot of leaking, and im having cramps that im goin to start...but i havent i dont want o b pregnant bt im really scared....m e n my husband rarely had any intercourse since i was still hurting from chilbirth....any help?? could my period b running late....since its my 2nd one after birth???
|

replied April 27th, 2011
It is definitely normal to have a late period after only two months of giving birth, it can take up to 6-12 months to be back on a regular cycle, I was all over the place with mine after both my girls, sometimes having two periods in a month, just give your body time to adjust Smile
|

replied December 20th, 2009
All... I never kept track of my menstrual cycle for some reason. I know I should, but I still dont to this day. I just know that every month I should be expecting my period. When I found out that I was pregnant with my daughter, I was shocked. I began having cramps and believed that my cycle was coming soon, but I missed my period and had no clue. I didnt have any other symptoms like breast pain or nausea, just cramps. My daughters father experienced my symptoms as far as fatigue, nausea, emotional, and cravings... He did this before I knew we were expecting. Now I believe that I may be pregnant again because I have cramps and the dad is showing my symptoms again... I have to wait and see Smile
|

replied January 1st, 2010
ok so i've missed a few bc pills since my last period which was dec 16 - 22.... today is jan 1. and i've had sex a few times... now my lower stomach is crampy and my lower pack is achey.... please give me your thoughts... maybe it is all in my head....
|

replied February 5th, 2010
hi all, i recently stopped the pill, was 7 days into the pack when i completely stopped it, had unprotected sex the night before i stopped to try for a baby..had a two day light bleed couple of days after stopping the pill ( am guessing this was due to stopping the pill) a week later have been experiencing very sore breasts,alot more white discharge, cramping and slight lower back pain,feeling sick occasionally aswell. i took a home pregnancy test yesterday morning (feb 4th) and it was neg but my period isnt due till monday. Do you think i tested to soon as i only brought the test from a pound shop..would be very gratefully for any reply's
|

replied March 21st, 2010
I had an abnormal period for me, light bleeding for 3 days then off no bleeding still have tummy cramps but no sore breasts. Due to take pill again tomorrow but not sure if i should or not as i had a short light period, Does anyone have any advice for me please ?
|

replied March 31st, 2010
I have been cramping since the 26th of March and I was ovulating on the 23rd. I have been feeling sick to my stomach, gassy, and feeling alot of pressure on my bladder. I don't have the tender breasts, but do feel like they are getting bigger? We are trying to conceive, and from reading all what you ladies have said about you finding out that you are or were pregnant is really Exciting for me!!!! My period isn't due until the 9th or 10th of April.. Your comments or Opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!! Good Luck To You Ladies!!!
|

replied April 6th, 2010
My husband and I had sex Thursday April the 1st, and I have been experiencing Cramps as if I am going to start my period..however I am not due until April 22nd. My cycles are like clock work. I always have cramping a week before I start.. Im not having any back pains, but just this weird cramping feeling, it doesnt hurt like menstrual cramps and doesnt last long. Could this be I am pregnant?
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Pregnant or not? mhmm period came?
I am having the same thing now! i have back ache and a weird feeling in my groin and i have been eating alot to. I took plan b at the first of last month and spotted 2 days after taking both of the pills witch you are sapose to and the 2 weeks later my period came on time. Now im very tired and not feeling right and my period should be here in 1 week or a little more. Im have sore breast and moody and mood swings. I took 4 tests and they all said no go! i took another one today and it also said no. Im not sure whats going on with my body but it really sucks. Thanks???
|

replied April 7th, 2010
End results
I just sat here and read all these post. However no one ever tells the end results. I would love to know if someone was actually pregnant... please post the results of your symtoms.
|