Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower Back Ddd Disk Bulge

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hurt my back lifting heavy object. Back in june..Re injure last week.When I get up from laying down and stand on my feet, I have to put light pressure on my right foot till the pain goes away then I can walk away. It takes about 45 seconds , its like you feel the pain in the disk. How will this heal?

I have pains in my lower back right in the middle above your butt. You may no my story with having my back go out again, im getting around now, but does anybody have that pain right in the middle of lower back? It is sharp, it will get worse if you twist or tilt your hips. Also I also get a pain in the right side of my lower back into the right butt cheek, now tonight its in my left butt cheek. As im laying down if I bend my knees and push down to bring my middle body up off the bed , I get a nasty pain in it.. Anybody else get this?

My mri:

desiccated discs are seen at the l4-5 and l5-s1 levels showing decrease in height and water content. In addition there is some high signal in the posterior aspects of the discs suggestive of annual tears

the l4-5 level shows a diffuse disc bulge with a more focal central protrusion. Overall it is causing moderater to severe effacement of the thecal sac. The neural foramen are patent and the facet joints are unremarkable.

The l5-s1 level shows a diffuse disc bulge with a more focal right paracentral protrusion. It is slightly touching the ventral aspect of the desending right s1 nerve root. In addition the diffuse bulge is causing mild narrowing of both neural foraman and is slightly touching the ventral aspect of the exiting right l5 nerve root..

Impression:
degenerative disc disease at the l4-5 and l5-s1 levels as described.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2006
I have something that seems similar to what you're describing. I have extreme pain from one spot near my lower back but more just to the left of the upper butt part. I have no idea what it is but its really painful and hurts even more when pressure is put on (it like sitting down a certain way)

any other suggestions as to what this could be?
|
Did you find this post helpful?