Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Hearing Voices (Page 1)

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Ya I was wondering if by "hearing voices" that means hearing two distinct voices. Like I sometimes will talk to myself in my head but the actual sound of the voices are the same. For example i'll say in my head, "should I go to the golfing range?" and then i'll answer myself, kinda like that. But mainly I want to know if by hearing voices that means two distinct voice tones, and if having short conversations with myself is the same thing as hearing voices.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper asthma
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
Hearing voices isnt having a conversation in your head with your self in purpose. It is like hearing someone say something to you as if your friend is standing there talking to you but there is no one there or no one else can hear that voice other than you. The voice can sound like anything at all, sometimes they arent even voices they are sounds.
|

So when you are hearing voices you kinda have the reaction of talking back to them out loud?
|

It depends if the person wants to or not. I don't but there have been times where I have forgotten they are not real and talked back to them.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
There have been times where i've thought voices in my head were real, and I would nod or laugh or react in shock, then I would realize what I had done. I'm not diagnosed with anything.
|

Voooiiicceesss..????
What if the " voices " do talk to you..But u answer them only in ur head? Liek you know its not on purpose and u know ur not controling the other "voice".. But u still answer in ur head?

Has anyone ever busted out laughing for no reason because u could have swore and I mean you are absolutely sure someone had said something ot you that was insanely funny or didn't make sense..But everyone else stares at u like ur crazy??

( I am not diagnosed for anything what so ever..Course it could be that I avoid people who try to mess with my mind... Prob not such a good thing but.. O_o )
|

Yeah people will tend to reply to the thing in their head, but it doesnt matter about replies to say if you hear voices or not its just if you hear voices which arent your thoughts
|

O_o
O_o oooo...

What if there is more then one voice talking at one time????
Is that worse then one or could that be a sign that its normal???
(it makes sense in my head but it could make no sense at all to u guys)
|

Re: Voooiiicceesss..????
shatteredcrow wrote:
what if the " voices " do talk to you..But u answer them only in ur head? Liek you know its not on purpose and u know ur not controling the other "voice".. But u still answer in ur head?

Has anyone ever busted out laughing for no reason because u could have swore and I mean you are absolutely sure someone had said something ot you that was insanely funny or didn't make sense..But everyone else stares at u like ur crazy??

( I am not diagnosed for anything what so ever..Course it could be that I avoid people who try to mess with my mind... Prob not such a good thing but.. O_o )

i used to hear voices that weren't my own thoughts. Did you read what I wrote right above you? Pretty much the same thing ha
|

Ack o_o sorry!!

I am very...Wwwwowooooowwwoowowowowow
can I help it that my heads so crowded I can't think..Maayybee
sorry once more...

Umm..Hmm I had another question but what was it..Hmm...

Oh yeha..It has to deal with the whole laughing when no one said anything...

I have times where i'd be zoneing out while someone was talking and then I say " what " a few minutes after knowing I finally heard them and they had already stopped talking and then say I didn't say anything..

Either that or I say what and I realize the whole talk I was zoneing out was in my head.. O_o ooo..

Is this noorrmmall???!! Or am I actually hearing things??

Ack what if this was already asked? *freaks out*
|

Ack my comp is messed up
|

replied September 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Everyone hears voices in his head. It's the fact that you try to make logic of an illogical world and your personality, intelligence and beliefs are all in question. Well, that is if you're an intelligent person and are maybe a nihilist. Write it down, have fun with it, and let the disentegration of your world ensue... Those voices are caused by the hyperreality state that this world is in and you probably watch many hours of t.V.(crazy colors, media lies, commercials) and also sit on the internet far too long. I'm sure there weren't many cavemen who were schizo, because they were too busy working for their food and bashing their women over the head so they could procreate! Rock & roll.
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Hearing Mumbled Voices That Arent There...
Hello,, when I was around 15 was when I first heard this.... And finally it went away... I am now 46 and last week it came back to me again... I have heard these mumble voices twice in the last week... Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me... I am very concerned... Am I disturbed... Or am I making a mountain out of a ant hill... No one wants to think themselves disturbed, but i'm just unsure what to think ..
|

replied November 30th, 2005
Experienced User
I was hearing things too. I think either panic attack or extreme anxiety caused it. I don't believe I have schizophrenia. The problem went away suddenly.
|

Everyone hears voices. The question is.. Do you have control over the voices or do they seem like a completely different person? Sometimes I have voices but they are my own and sometimes they overwhelm me. This is not schizophrenia... Its normal.. Somewhat.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, what is normal. I used to say he is "normal" or something like that. But I no longer say that, for everyone has some sort of dysfunction. Everyone has some sort of mental or emotional "condition"

everyone

god bless you all
|

replied February 21st, 2008
I actually really heard a voice before...i eally thought people were just crazy people when they would say or anything that they heard a voice before....but I heard one and now I know they ain't crazy! It was back in June of 2007...I was outside walking down my street by myself at around 11:30 PM and I heard a voice say I was a psycho...it just said the word psycho! LOL! I ain't kidding! This is my first time I heard a voice before! Never happened again since...I freaked out with laughther....cuz I never thought anything like that was possible! It was freaky and cool to me...i laughed cuz i couldn't believe it if that makes any sense!

see people that have never heard voices before it's not like people just acting crazy or are crazy....you know when you think to yourself....like saying things in your mind...well it wasn't like that at all...I heard a voice say the word Psycho in my head and i'm not a crazy person or even psycho...this was really a shocker when it happened...never said anything about it until just today on this forum...
|

replied March 14th, 2008
Re: Hearing Mumbled Voices That Arent There...
virgo1974 wrote:
Hello,, when I was around 15 was when I first heard this.... And finally it went away... I am now 46 and last week it came back to me again... I have heard these mumble voices twice in the last week... Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me... I am very concerned... Am I disturbed... Or am I making a mountain out of a ant hill... No one wants to think themselves disturbed, but i'm just unsure what to think ..
chance's are you not demented or else you wouldn't show concern. can you ever make out what the voices are saying? I guess not, thats why you still listen, The harder you listen the more it freaks you out. Its a cycle break it by changing your reaction to it.
|

replied March 17th, 2008
I don't know if I have schizophrenia. But I do have a voice in my head, who is in my head, and IS NOT me, who has a distinct personality, family history, a life, a name...and now he has a boyfriend. (Yes he's gay. Don't make a big deal about it.) The boyfriend has been making appearances in my head for about two weeks now.

So yes, hearing voices that AREN'T YOU is...probably...schizophrenia.
|

replied April 19th, 2012
seek a bipolar thread, sounds like more than just voices, if they have lives and such. Most logical answer is you are in fact creating their lives with your imagination and just think they live seperate lives or something. I guess the only answer I have for you is try and accept your life may always stay the same, and the voices or whatevers bothering you is something u may have to live with for the rest of your life...and youll see once u accept it fully, giving up all responsibility, you will start to feel better. And might cure yourself. If u cant imagine ur life without these imaginary friends or ppl, then u may have a dependancy issue...in that case seek out friends or family and get social as quick as possible...lol no need to see therapists or soctors unless u feel cornered or out of options.
|

replied May 9th, 2009
voices in my head
could it be satan
|
Tags: hearing
Quick Reply