Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Natural Induce: Home

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok I am drinking the rasberry tea what eles should work? I have also done the walking thing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Ive tried walking to speed up labor but all I get is sore feet. Its kinda hard to walk (or waddle) when ur this far along.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
No Luck
Amen!!! I am still walking though no luck. What about drinking orange juice? I read somewhere that it can give you dierriah so that would help trigger labor?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
A really warm towel ( wet) can help enduce labor too well sopsibly it thins out your sac enough for the baby to break your water or for it to break and that will trigger labor.
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Don't Quote Me On This! Lol
I'm only at the beginning of my pregnancy and so, haven't really looked into this part. However, I find that using google and just simply doing a search on wording such as "natural inducing" gives you plenty to read.

Here's a couple....

Http://www.Gentlebirth.Org/archives/natind uc.Html (there's some warning information on this site - possibly worth a read and then scroll down to get to the information you want.)

http://www.Pregnantconnection.Com/forums/v iewtopic.Aspx?Topicid=49

i think that I heard raspberry tea is a good one....But don't quote me on that and I would always check with your midwife or consultant prior to trying anything that may potentially do you harm.

Good luck!!!
Xx
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Drink some castor oil, then have sex, that is what my doc told me-lol if that is not possible ummmmmmm......Castor oil, then take a long walk then a bath (it'll loosen your cervix)

hey a, did u ever go for that pedicure? Lol
|

Weird ?
My husband gave it to me. I loved it. You are right it is very relaxing.

I cant get my hubby talked into having sex he is so scared that he will hurt me cause I have so much swelling down there and I really hurt. Ok this is a dumb question well actually its not. But I was wondering if he made me have an orgasem and then put his cum all in me would that work? I know it sounds crazy but he cant get in me so I was wondering if that would work just as well.
|

Please Answer Me
Please I know it is a weird question but I am despreat.. Please answer me
|

Experienced User
Hi angel,

about the castor oil, it is a laxative so be prepared to have to be very friendly with your toilet if you choose to take it. Also, i'd prolly check with my ob/gyn before doing the castor oil, because it can be pretty wicked.

It isn't really the cum that brings on labour....It's the orgasm from sex that sends the uterus into contractions which can trigger labour. Hope this helps. Good luck with everything!! Positive thoughts girlie!!!!!!!!
|

Thank You
Thank you very much I will definaltly conceder the orgasem thing lol
|

replied October 6th, 2005
?
Ok this morning when I got up I had diarrhea and have had it about all day. That is usally a sign right?

Ok now to the sex thing how long should it be untill you think I will see results if any are going to happen?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Sex Thing
Just keep at it for good measure!!!!

I had sex the night before my waters broke. I heard it's both the chemicals in semem and the uterus contracting wfrom orgasm that can trigger labour. Plus, after you have the baby you might not feel up to it for a while, so have plenty while you still can.
Even if it doesn't bring on labour, it'll be a pleasant distraction.

Enjoy!

I'm glad you got to full term after all angel, even if it means you've been living on the edge a bit for the last couple of weeks.
Your baby will be the better for it.
Got my fingers crossed for you
|
Quick Reply