Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Weird Belly Button Problem

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ever since I was little if I stuck my finger or anything in my belly button it would hurt. I have to apply alittle pressure and I feel this weird feeling by the opening of my vagina. It sounds weird, but it feels like i'm putting my finger in my belly button and it's coming out my vagina. *shrugs* it's weird. :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gay_lord
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Yep, that's wierd.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I kind of know the feeling. It just makes a really weird, uncomfortable sensation.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
:d hehe! I know the feeling. I always had that aswell (still do) and always wondered what it was. In passing my boyfriend also said he had it. I think its one of those mysteries to life. If you ever find out what it is i'd love to hear!
|

Experienced User
Same here. When I clean out my belly button I have a sharp pressure/pain that I can feel at my cervix. I find it very annoying, and I thought maybe something miht be wrong with me. I am glad to read I am not the only one.
|

Me too!! Hehe

i hear it's very common...Don't worry. It's probably just because that skin in there isn't as thick as the rest, it is a little pit that's all that much closer to in insides. Probably has to do with nerves too...Don't know!
|

replied September 28th, 2005
Lol I jus asked my bf this question the other day, he looked at me like I wuz losing it or something lol its a funny feeling
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Its possible you could have a hernia
|

replied September 26th, 2010
Thank god I'm not alone!
|

replied October 7th, 2010
its because your umbilical cord was there and it leaves a small trail of nerve endings in your stomach so when you touch it, you feel the sensitive nerve endings where the umbilical cord connected inside.
|

replied February 7th, 2011
belly button strange sensation
wow! I also get this everytime i stick a q tip in there to clean my belly button out. So weird. So glad to hear I am not the only one. It doesn't hurt, it is just the strangest sensation!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
I have that too...

Any one know why the fluff from my belly button never matches anything I've been wearing?
|

replied May 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
have that too...

Anyone know why the fluff from my belly button never matches anything I've been wearing?
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Although most diagrams of female sexual organs exclude this detail, there IS tissue connecting the belly button and reproductive organs, left over from our days spent in the uterus. Because fetuses receive nutrients from/expel waste through the umbilical cord during their development, there is a tube that connects our bladder to our bellybutton, (a vestige of the umbilical cord) which doesnt completely disappear after birth.
|

replied November 25th, 2014
It's left over nerve endings from when you were in utero. It's not that common but some people feel it. It has something to do with the system of waste management when you're in the womb and the tract just never closes up. Google urachus.
|
Quick Reply