Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Im Pregnant And 14 (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
:cry: im pregnant and 14 I need help I live alone with my mum my boyffriend knows and she doesnt but shes very unstable at themoment and I cant tell her I want to keep my baby and so does my boyfriend please help me please im scared ???? :!: :!:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
It Will Be Okay
Well..To start off I am 16 and I may be pregnant myself but i'm not sure. But believe me everything will be okay. Don't stress your self out because that will only cause stress to your baby and it's not good for you either. Well, even though your mom might flip out or something its best to tell her asap the sooner the better. But I hope that everything will go okay with you. I wish you the best of luck! If you need a friend or somebody to just talk to feel free to pm me at anytime.
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
First off, you shouldn't be going around getting pregnant at such a young age. Your both still children and have a long life ahead of you. Having a child at such a young age can also be dangerous because it can increase the risk of difficulties during labor. As I said, you still have the rest of your life ahead of you, if you have this baby it makes school 100 times harder and you will lose all of your free time taking care of it. You will haft to wake up in the middle of the night several times every day to feed it. In truth you shouldn't have children until after your married and things have settled down because it is already hard enough then, its even difficult on the child because their parent/parents are so young as well.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I agree with with someguy...

But also I was 18 with my first but he is right about all your free time being taken up but I will still support you if you have any questions I wish I would have waited longer but I do love my girls. Babys are hard there not easy, if at anytime they become too much to handle ask for help or if you don't think you can do it anymore take it to the hospital or an adoption agency please. I worry about such young age to be having a baby. Please tell your mom yes she will be mad but it should fade. I have a daughter half your age and i'm so frightened that somthing like this would happen to her, but I would support her if she chose to keep it. I would be upset I have to admit but I would rather she had the support from me then no body or a stranger. Please tell your mom asap.
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Experienced User
17 And Pregnant
You really need to tell your mom so that she can take you to the doctor....I was really scared of tellin my mom..But when you think about it what can she do to you? Its done and over with so she will have to be ok with it. Yes it takes a few days, but things get better. :)
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Well, all I can say is that you should really take it easy and don't stress out. You do need to tell your mother and try to look at it as something positive. You have a child with a beating heart growing inside of you and you should be happy about that.

My cousin was pregnant at 14 a few years back and she talked it out with her mother. Her and her mother were never really that close until the baby came. Then my aunt realized that she needed to spend more time with my cousin and supported her 100% my cousin graduated from high school with 3.9 gpa and went on to college and did everything that she wanted to do. It wasn't easy, but she realized that it was time to take everything serious for the sake of her baby.

Some people might view your situation and tell you to consider adoption and so on.

I suggest that you listen to your heart and do what you know is right.Hopefully your mother supports you and helps you out with this. It will really make things much more simple once you know that you have the support of your mother.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Experienced User
I just worry cause some kids concel their pg have a baby and do awful things to it. I just don't want anyong to do that.

I just hope that someone will be supportive enough that they will help you with the baby wether its your mom ( hopefully it will be) or an aunt, sister, cousin or someone. Thats the only reason I placed that there. I really would like to know that things will be ok for you. I worry about that. I know it was a big story for a while. I just hope you get some support and I pray if you decide to keep him/her that you can handle it and that everything will be great. I just worry about such young ages, but i'm not saying that some adults might have done the same.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
someguy333 wrote:
first off, you shouldn't be going around getting pregnant at such a young age. Your both still children and have a long life ahead of you. Having a child at such a young age can also be dangerous because it can increase the risk of difficulties during labor. As I said, you still have the rest of your life ahead of you, if you have this baby it makes school 100 times harder and you will lose all of your free time taking care of it. You will haft to wake up in the middle of the night several times every day to feed it. In truth you shouldn't have children until after your married and things have settled down because it is already hard enough then, its even difficult on the child because their parent/parents are so young as well.

i totally agree. I dont understand 12and up kids trying to get pregnant. I mean lets get real I am 20yrs old pregnant and I am married I am having the hardest time of my life. Do you girls ever think about that? It is so hard emotionally and physically oh yeah mentally to. It is so hard. I have help so if you all dont how the hell are you going to support a baby. I am sorry but I am so sick of hearing all of these little 12-14year old girls crying I am pregnant well you shouldnt be having sex in the first place. If you are old enough to be having sex then you are old enough to take the responsability of being a parent.. Man I sound so mean but its the truth. Girls you have your whole life a head of you why blow it on trying to grow up to soon.
|

First of all, where in her post did she say she planned this baby? Accidents happen. I don't think young girls should be going around trying to get pregnant, but if their pregnant and come here for advice, what exactly do you gain from telling her to grow up, and not have her child?

Second of all - to the original poster, if your mom is unstable, then why are you living there? A 14 year old shouldn't be in an unstable home either.
|

?
That is not what I was saying at all I would never tell anyone not to have there child. And further more your right I should have showed more compation did I mintion I am fixing to have a baby and sometimes my hormones make me do and say stupid stuff so to you the orginal poster I am sorry if I hurt you I would never want to hurt a child.
|

Experienced User
Ugh Teens Need to Stop Haven Sex
To many teens out there haven babies but I was a teen once and I ended up getting pregnat we did use a rubber but hey accidents do happen it broke and when I ended up pregnat I was 14 had the year I turned 15 iam know 25 and he will be 10 this year..But im gonna say I did not finish school do to the facted he was one thoes babies that was sick with ear inffetions alot was up alot with him during the night I missed so much school it was not funny. So think twice if you really think your ready to be a teen mom and just rember the daddy's dont stay around. Iam married and I have 3 kids know just think twice if you really want to be a teen mom my mom was not made at me but dont keep it from your moms they need to know. If you dont think you are ready for a baby there are women waiting out there to adopte a baby
|

Experienced User
I was on the pill for almost two years and got pregnant....Im only 17 and if it wasnt for my loving boyfriend and mother it would be hard as hell on me too. Dont stress out over it..Your mother will be okay with it eventually. My mom almost had a cow when she found out, but now things are great and she goes with me to ever one of my visits.

Im 26 weeks pregnant 2morr.
|

You shouldn't be having sex at such a young age either. If your out there having sex you should be prepared to be pregnant.
|

I Agree
That is what I was trying to say. You play with fire you get burned
|

Experienced User
Rude People
Its not as if I was tryin to get pregnant..Im 17 and I have only been with 2 people..The first person I was with for a few years and the second person (babys daddy) I have been with over a year. Its not as if I am out runnin around sleepin with everybody. Things happen for a reason you know. Some can get pregnant more easily and some cant get pregnant at all. So I think if you cant say anything nice to mean I would appreciate it if you wouldnt comment at all. Im doing good I think for my age, im finshing school and work part time at a lawyers office. How many 17 year olds out here could be doing that?

Christy
|

Not You
Not you the 14yr old
|

Experienced User
Im Soooo Sorry!!
Im soo sorry. I thought you were talking about me. Hope I didnt make anyone mad at me.

Christy
|

/
No swetty I was pregnant at 17 too once. It was hard as hell so believe me I know what you are going through. Its these younger kids I dont understand. Man I didn't even know what I was doing. Still not so sure. Lol

yeah I have only been with two people myself. My hubby and someone eles. Put it this way I wouldnt have been with him if it hadnt been for date rape. That is why I say I dont understand kids under 16
|

Experienced User
Ohhh
I feel so bad that I got all rude and up tight with you, when you wasnt even talking about me. Anyways..Hi my name is christy, and as you already know I am 17 and im due jan 3rd but my doctor says it will come sooner prolly. Im kinda scared about the whole labor thing? Any useful comments?

Christy! :d
|

Me Too
Me to. I am due anyday as I said so yeah I am really scared
|