Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

No Uterus.......why Do I Bleed (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Had a partial hysterectomy 7 years ago. Left the ovaries and cervix. About 3 years ago had a bit of spotting and freaked. I have no uterus, so where is it coming from. Called emergency and they told me to go to the doctor, which I did and she checked me out and said that the cerivx bleeds sometimes. This past year I am getting bleeding once a month and it seems to be getting heavier. No clotting but don't know where it is coming from. Did searches on internet and have yet to find anything on this or anyone that has had this.
I am 44 had 3 kids by c-sections. Youngest is 12 and oldest is 18.
Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated cause I am confused about this.
:?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Barbar
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Especially eHealthy
I would go to another doctor, and have tests run, x-rays or mri's and the such. You definatly shouldn't be bleeding heavily, i'd think! Maybe that is normal; but asking a doctor and getting a thourough exam is what I would do.
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Weird...
I had a partial hysterectomy done in 2001, I have experienced very light bleeding once every 5 to 6 months for the past 3 years. This month the bleeding was more dark and frequent. I was told by a gyn this happens and not to worry... Im 35 years old and have 3 beautiful children...
|

replied May 24th, 2009
partial hysterectomy at age 39
I've had the same thing happen since the month after my hysterectomy about a year ago. My doctor told me I would NOT have a period after the surgery but I have had one ever since. They are very mild and and so far I can live with it but I am let down to a point. I've had to deal with heavy bleeding for so long before the surgery I was looking forward to being done with it. If I had it to do over again the cervix would be removed as well as the uterus.
|

replied July 1st, 2011
I so feel you. I'm 36 yrs old and had my procedure done in 2007. I have my cervix and one ovary. My monthlys were so terrible before that as well. My doctor did mention that spotteing would occur, but this year it's been almont monthly, like a regular cycle and a heavier one. Not as bad as before the procedure, but bad enough for me to use a regular pad. I hate it! I cramp, pms and clot.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
I had my cervix removed and I still bleed....I'm still waiting for a diagnosis.
|

replied March 13th, 2012
I just had my cervix removed too...and Im bleeding heavier than I was before the surgery. Please post your results.
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
partial or full hysterectomy removes the uterus so there should be no bleeding what-so-ever... partial means that the ovary / ovaries / tubes are left as full takes it all.

If you bleed afterwards see your doctor and get a second opinion if need be.
|

replied May 24th, 2009
test results
All of my tests were normal and the Dr. said it is normal for women who have their cervix and ovaries to have a period but it should be slight. It comes from a small number of cells attached to the cervix that bleed just like the lining of the uterus. Still it almost makes me mad due to the fact I had been told that I would not have a period. I think if I had known this I would have had the cervix removed also. If anyone is reading this thinking about this surgery please research everything on your own, do not rely on one Doctors opinion. I feel I had not been informed properly and now its too late.
|
Users who thank mlg for this post: ClaraSalinas 

replied July 9th, 2011
I to had a hysterectomy in 2008 and only had uterus removed and have had ovarian cysts every since and also vaginal bleeding and the doctors do not know why this keeps occuring every few months, and my children are more worried than I am, this keeps happening, I could develop cancer. The doctors don't really seem to concern or they just don't know what could cause this.
|

replied July 9th, 2011
I to had a hysterectomy in 2008 and only had uterus removed and have had ovarian cysts every since and also vaginal bleeding and the doctors do not know why this keeps occuring every few months, and my children are more worried than I am, this keeps happening, I could develop cancer. The doctors don't really seem to concern or they just don't know what could cause this.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
I had my cervix removed and it didn't matter, I still bleed every month slightly.
|

replied May 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You should not be bleeding...This could be Endometriosis as it will grow again around the female organs if it was not all removed with the surgery...Anything attached to the cervix should have been closed off and cauterized if it was a problem...You might want to tell your OB-GYN about it...
|

replied August 30th, 2009
I am 34 had a hysterectomy 3 months ago almost 4 now and I have been fine until yesterday I had a big brownish reddish spot on my panties. I am totally freaked. I am not wiping anything and not seeing anything in the toilet just had a big spot. Did anyone on here get an answer that makes sense???? I am nervous to go to the doc because they always think its just me and my nerves.
|

replied August 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
If it was red blood that is fresh you would be concerned...This is probably just old blood and I wouldn't worry....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
I had a partial hysterectomy 5 years ago and have had a small bit of brownish 'blood' in my underwear everyday for a few months now. My Dr was very thorough -- gave me a pap and an internal and external ultrasound...all tests have come back normal/negative--which makes me happy, but it is discomforting not knowing WHAT it is...
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Spotting post hysterectomy
I had a partial hysterectomy 5 months ago. This is the first sign of any discharge Ive had! I had horrible horrible cramping and pain this past week. I still have one ovary and my cervix. It wouldve been "ovulation" time so I assumed thats what the pain was and possibly it was aggrevating my cysts on that poor little ovary. Im freaked! Its just spotting but I hadnt even spotted ONCE POST OP and here I am 5 months later?? C'mon. Pain and bleeding. Isnt that WHY i had a hysterectomy?? I hope I dont regret leaving my cervix and ovary...will check with doc in am (its sunday)
|

replied January 25th, 2010
I had a partial hysterectomy in 2000 and I have never had any type of discharge or bleeding. I was told I would not have it either, so for you to be told its normal is a bit disconcerning. Question
|

replied April 20th, 2012
I had my uterus removed 10 months ago. Six months later, I was spotting for about 5 days. The OB told me that is normal and as long as it wasn't heavy, not to worry about it. I was told there would be no more bleeding after my surgery so needless to say, I wasn't too confident with his answer. Last week (10 mths after surgery) I had a regular period with breakout and cramps... The whole shabang. Say a woman dr this time and she actually had the nerve to tell me it must be a yeast infection!!! Personally, I don't think they know what it is but I am glad to hear I am not alone!
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Ditto - Ditto - Ditto
I have 1 overy - had a vaginal hysterectomy in approx 2004. I came strait to the internet when I just noticed bleeding. Before freaking, I came to the internet - I''ll be emailing my doctor. They wouldn''t give me a pap smear last year when I had a physical - said it wasn''t necessary. Now I''m wondering why. Thank you all for your notes
|

replied July 12th, 2010
Period after Hysterectomy...
I just turned 36 and had a partial Hysterectomy (kept my cervix and overies at the advice of my Dr.)on 05/27/10. Last month everything seemed just fine. No bleeding or spotting. Yesterday I went to the bathroom (there was nothing in my panties nor did I feel any discharge) however when I wiped, there was some brownish blood. Today it seems to be darker in color and also seems to come and go. My Dr did tell me after surgery that it was "possible" that I might still "spot" some. I was hoping that I wouldn't seeing that last month there was nothing. I am extremely disappointed!!!!! I was going to call my Dr, but I know that she will tell me this is "normal" and that we discussed this right after surgery. Any advice?
|

replied July 12th, 2010
Period after Hysterectomy...
I just turned 36 and had a partial Hysterectomy (kept my cervix and overies at the advice of my Dr.) on 05/27/10. Last month everything seemed just fine. No bleeding or spotting. Yesterday I went to the bathroom (there was nothing in my panties nor did I feel any discharge) however when I wiped, there was some brownish blood. Today it seems to be darker in color and also seems to come and go. My Dr did tell me after surgery that it was "possible" that I might still "spot" some. I was hoping that I wouldn't seeing that last month there was nothing. I am extremely disappointed!!!!! I was going to call my Dr, but I know that she will tell me this is "normal" and that we discussed this right after surgery. Any advice?
|

replied July 14th, 2010
wanting to know why i see brown blood after hysterectomy
i had my uterus taking out 6 weeks agao and havent seen any spotting till not very litte and its brown should i contact my doctor or wait and see what happens i dont know how to get back and check this sight so if u have any answers for me please write me, thank you
|

replied July 17th, 2010
no uterus, no cervix but still spot some
I have no uterus and no cervix. I had a hysterecomy in April 2009. Still have my ovaries but had a tubal when my 2nd child was born. About every 3 weeks I wipe and there is some fresh red blood. It isn't coming from the outside....so I'm wondering what is causing it on the inside..... anybody?
|

replied September 30th, 2010
My Faux period
I had a partial hysterectomy (just the uterus) March 09 and have had spotting every few months, sometimes two months in a row. Coincidentally I have this the same time my daughter has a period??? Anyway, I went to my Dr. and she said it's normal. Something about the cells on the cervix acting the same way the lining of the uterus does because of hormones. She cauterized my cervix twice!!! Didn't stop the spotting and I'm not doing the cauterizing again it HURTS!! So, I guess I have to deal with a faux period every now and then. I wish she would have taken the cervix.
|

replied January 28th, 2011
Will it EVER go away?!
I am baffled, relieved, stunned, and sorry! Relieved others encountered the same and I am not the weirdo I thought. Sorry, that we still have to deal with it even after the surgery, yet baffled by it! I had a partial as well 2 years ago. I too just knew my endometriosis, pain and bleeding days were gone. I begged my dr to take the pesky ovaries and I will take a pill daily to forgo the menopause later- but no they are still there! As is the Endo! And a few months later the spotting. As many of you stated, it's normal. We still have hormones and cells that want to do the routine. Though it should not be uncomfortable or heavy, those pesky brown spots will come and go, probably the same time every month or after intercourse. until the dread menopause. I've spoken to 3 Gynos about this and tell me it happens to some but not all. But reading this tells me I'm not alone in the frustration. Although I have developed a new problem - which is brighter red blood and more then in past suddenly tonight. It hurts too. No doubt- I'm sure I'm am not to worry! But - so you know- even with no uterus you still need an exam ev 1 or 2 years for cervical and ovarian cancer. It truly is the Curse!!!
|

replied January 28th, 2011
I am baffled, relieved, stunned, and sorry! Relieved others encountered the same and I am not the weirdo I thought. Sorry, that we still have to deal with it even after the surgery, yet baffled by it! I had a partial as well 2 years ago. I too just knew my endometriosis, pain and bleeding days were gone. I begged my dr to take the pesky ovaries and I will take a pill daily to forgo the menopause later- but no they are still there! As is the Endo! And a few months later the spotting. As many of you stated, it's normal. We still have hormones and cells that want to do the routine. Though it should not be uncomfortable or heavy, those pesky brown spots will come and go, probably the same time every month or after intercourse. until the dread menopause. I've spoken to 3 Gynos about this and tell me it happens to some but not all. But reading this tells me I'm not alone in the frustration. Although I have developed a new problem - which is brighter red blood and more then in past suddenly tonight. It hurts too. No doubt- I'm sure I'm am not to worry! But - so you know- even with no uterus you still need an exam ev 1 or 2 years for cervical and ovarian cancer. It truly is the Curse!!!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply