Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Please Help

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I am really scared and I don't want to be a hassle, but I think I may have schizophrenia. I'm 16 years old, and i'm just really scared. I've always been kinda paranoid, but I always chalked that up to being self concious... But lately it has gotten worse, i've been taking different routes home from school and hiding because I think i'm being followed. I've been having these strange things, where my mind just goes into this completely other state, and I am seeing things from a completely different point of view, it's like seeing it from another persons view, but it scares me, and no matter how hard I try it won't go away, these last about an hour or 2. I can't explain it. I mean, I know I was always slightly wierd, over emotional, people seem to think i'm depressed but i've never seeked out help. Also I hear voices, but only when im trying to get to sleep, they are just calling my name, I also talk to myself, and I mean alot, I always convince myself of how worthless I am, and i've resorted to attempting suicide a few times. I know there isn't something right in my head, but I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's all in my head, i;m not sure, but it's all getting to the point where I can barely function on the same level as people around me. I want to change, i;m ruining my familys life because i;m either really numb and my mum gets all worried, or i'm really agressive, and it's horrible.

I'm sorry if this is a waste of your time, but I don't know what to do anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
It seems this is the only reposnse for anyone, try seeing a doctor try some meds or therapy if talking to people helps you, and I am sure the people on here and my self are always happy to listen.
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
You should tell your parents or gaurdian about this. It could lead to very dangerous results!!!!!
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Im 17 and am really confused as no1 seems 2 tell me wots wrong wiv me I know I have social anxiety,low self esteem,manic deppreasion and possibly a eating disorders as I am goin 2 see a diet trishion soon but im worried I could be schizophrenic because of the amount of cannibiss I have smoked and now I cant trust any1 I feel like my family and friends r against me conspiring even my doctors in on it. Ive been comeing more and more paranoid and am now out of work cause of it. Its driveing me insane I have loads of the symptoms but am still unsure and ive heard that family,friends and doctors dont tell schizophrenics that they r and it can be made worse by finding out but really need help finding out as I cant even sit wiv friends without being paranoid or thinking that they r saying things about me which might just be miss understanding them. I dont really hear vioces but I have always known sumthing was different about me but nobody would tell me I just keep drifting off in2 a world of my own and have been selfharming even worse 8tly wiv needing stitches I litterly find it a struggle 2go out of my house anymore and even my old friends r starting 2 say things bout me like ive turned in2 a retard or im crazy. And ova the past years it has started 2 lead 2 me abuseing alchol and drugs more as its the only way I can cope with wots goin on inside my head.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Argh does any1 reply on this thing????
|

Well I am not sure why you are posting your message in here about your self when this post was created for the help of someone else. Sure we are here to help, well most of us I presume but people wont find your message as easily if its in someone elses thread. Create your own thread. All I can really say is what everyone else says on this forum, see a doctor talk everything over with them. They can resolve a better way than we can of helping you. Take care
|

Kk thanks anyways soz im new to this thing didnt know u had 2 make ur own thread
|