Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Do I Have Hiv/aids???

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi, i'm a 24 year old male. I had sex w/my ex-girlfriend unprotected. I was with her for a little over a year. She gave me genital herpes w/o telling me she had it. I'm not really worried about the herpes, because it's not bad living with it as people portray it in the media, but i'm scared she may have given me hiv/aids also.
A few weeks back I went to the doctor because I had white spots in the back of my throat w/swollen tonsils. The doctor gave me levaquin to cure the infection, which got rid of all the white spots & stopped the swelling tonsils. I read on the internet if you have white spots in your mouth & swollen tonsils you can have hiv/aids, but I want to know would levaquin cure hiv/aids white spots in your mouth or am I stressing over nothing?
A honest answer would be comforting, thank you.
:cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TuTone
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Medium Risk
Do you know how sexually active your girlfriend is?
Active herpes also makes it easier to tranmit hiv.
Best bet is to get your girlfriend tested first.
If she is infected, it would be farther along and show up more
reliably on the tests.
If she does not have it, she can not give it you.

Good luck, paul v.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Hey, I dont really know too much about this stuff but I went to my college's healh center the other day and I had swollen tounsils and big white bumps in the back of my throat. Right before I went there I looked online to see what it could be and I saw that it is a symptom for hiv. I was really scared but when I got there the nurse said that they are the normal bumps that are always there but they were just enlarged because I was allergic to something I ate. She told me that if it was hiv then the bumps would be open wounds and that theyd be bleeding. Not sure if this will even help but just wanted to try. Hope you are ok.. Good luck
|

Oh, if your hiv the white bumps in back of your throat open up like ulcers & start to bleed? Whew.......That's relieving, because mine didn't do that. I just took levaquin & it went away. My doctor said it was a bacterial infection due to possibly smoking since I smoke. My doctor wanted me to take a physical/blood test, which I did, but I don't know if he is searching me for stds or not. Maybe he is but didn't tell me, because he didn't want to scare me. I hope he is though. I'm waiting for him to call me back with the results. It's already been a week since I took the blood test. I assume it must've came back normal since he didn't call me. I assume if they spotted hiv/aids he would've called asap. :d
i'll ask him when he calls if he checked me for any stds, if not, i'm going to get checked. I need peace of mind, stress does some crazy stuff to your body & mentally. I can't even get high peacefully anymore w/o thinking about it & freaking out. :cry:
|

Yea dont freak out. Everything is going to be ok no matter what. You just make it worse when you freak out. Dont think about it and just do things to make yourself forget about it and take your mind off of it. You are assuming the worst.. Never a good idea. Just wait for the results. Your doctor will call you soon and youll have everything all figured out
|

replied October 29th, 2005
tutone wrote:
oh, if your hiv the white bumps in back of your throat open up like ulcers & start to bleed? Whew.......That's relieving, because mine didn't do that. I just took levaquin & it went away. My doctor said it was a bacterial infection due to possibly smoking since I smoke. My doctor wanted me to take a physical/blood test, which I did, but I don't know if he is searching me for stds or not. Maybe he is but didn't tell me, because he didn't want to scare me. I hope he is though. I'm waiting for him to call me back with the results. It's already been a week since I took the blood test. I assume it must've came back normal since he didn't call me. I assume if they spotted hiv/aids he would've called asap. :d
i'll ask him when he calls if he checked me for any stds, if not, i'm going to get checked. I need peace of mind, stress does some crazy stuff to your body & mentally. I can't even get high peacefully anymore w/o thinking about it & freaking out. :cry:

man, I cant tell you to not smoke pot, because I do myself. However, marijuana will make your mind worry much more than you should. I have been afraid of an hiv infection for a long time, even though I was tested and it came back negative. I usually feel alright, but when I smoke I start to panick and notice weird "back pains" and "stomach pains" that my mind can be placing on me. And it is very possible that you got that infection from smoking. I had to get my tonsils removed because of it.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Hi sir, recently I had sex wit a women . I wore a condom but I tore in d middle of d intercourse .. I asked her she said she don't have aids .. After 3 days I started mild joint and muscle pains .and then I had sore throat .. I was scared and got a HIV test done it was negative and even my appitite got decreased ... Now I have developed inflammation of post auricular lymph node and inflamed left tonsil ... Do I have to rely on the test ... I horribly scared ... Plzzz help me
|

replied September 5th, 2010
friends cry
i had friend went to a place and had rapid test found out the guy gave her test was hiv pos and she belives the needle in her fingure gave her hiv so u never know where to be safe at
|