Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

I Love Him....but How Do I Tell My Parents

Well this is a very weird situation.....I know wut alota ppl are going to say "ur too young " or "i dont recommend it" well I have a 2 month old son and I have fallen in love with a 19 year old and im 15 he loves me and my son more then anything and I love him more then anything were getting engaged soon but were going to wait till im like 20 to get married but my parents dont approve of us talking right now and they dont know that we are serious but I dont know how to tell them...Me and him have so much in common its weird we get along so well and I know that if we had a family that we would b happy he wants to be put on my babys birth certificet and I want to so badly but the father of my son wont sign his rights over so I dont know if that will happen or not well guys help me out please and thanx for taking ur time to read this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Young Love
I would say to get to know him better....How long have you known him and been together? You don't want to rush it.
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: Young Love
alphablu82 wrote:
i would say to get to know him better....How long have you known him and been together? You don't want to rush it.

ive known him for 8 years we were really good friends but we really started talkin about a year ago
|

replied February 13th, 2010
Experienced User
I`m not society, nor even a programmed thinker, for me it`s always, and only ever has been, about people, about individuals in their own unique situations - never ever generalizations. This might even be the very best thing for you, and for you both. I would have to know you, indeed know you both, and well, before I could even begin to reasonably judge. I know of such circumstances, and where it`s worked out well. I`m neither of you have any doubts, even now, than I`m optimistic for the two of you also. There are obsticles along the path of your happiness, of which you`ve been aware, but they are being and can continue to be overcome.
This is not ment to condone under age relationships.
|

replied February 14th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah there's a lot of wierdness going on in this situation hon. Why don't your parents want you talking with this guy you want to marry?

Also if he's not the biological father of the child its fraud to list him on the birth certificate. It's a medical document, not a romantic gesture. If your guy is hung up on it make your own birth certificate with his name on it. It will be no less symbollic.
|

replied February 15th, 2010
Experienced User
That seems to answer the birth certificate situation very well: Try to get on with your childs real father, that`s both of you: What`s the `talking` issue - I was assuming it was pobably only a respective ages thing. In which case, you have a child, so that would make you affectivly older in any case!? - You may be more mature than him. It doesn`t make any difference either way now, just provided that you are both mature enough to make it work. What you must have is stable support, and especially from your parents. Do you think there`s some reason why he might be considered bad for you? If so, then try addressing this, that`s my advice. You obviously want him on the birth certificate, but nothing is ever perfect, and you`ll be doing the next best thing anyway.
You need to be aware that this could be just one other in a whole string of what would otherwise, child apart, been short lived relationships. You cannot generally know someone well enough to be quite certain, I don`t think, much inside a year. Your circumstances might speed that up. Stay always positive.
|
Tags: babys the
Quick Reply