Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Recurring Itchy Red Bumps.....

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi.

It began about two months ago when I was moving out of my old apartment...
I thought at first that I was just getting bitten excessively on my arms and legs: it was the end of july, and that does tend to happen to me... Until I noticed that I was still getting itchy red bumps when I hadn't been outside or any place where it was possible to have been bitten.
I didn't do anything about it, and it went away.
Then, the next month, towards the end of the month again, they returned.
I had no idea why or where they were coming from; I haven't changed anything I use [soap, deodorant, body spray, etc] or been eating anything unusual.
Those went away as well.
I haven't been to a doctor about this yet as I have recently begun a job where I do have health insurance, but also I am relatively new to the area and don't know of one to see yet.
I really must find out what this is, because they've started to come back again this month. And it worries me. A lot.

Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? Or.. Any clues as to what this might be? :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2008
itchy bumps too
Hello,

I have a similar problem on my foot. At first I thought it was a bug bite, and throughout the past year this "bite" comes and goes (usually around times of stress). It looks like a bug bite and its a tiny red bump on the top of the foot that always presents in the same general area, but never the exact same spot. Doesn't hurt, just itches and is raised. Did you find out anything about your similar issue? Maybe u can help..... Thanks.
|

replied February 4th, 2009
SAME HERE!!
I have the same problem...has anyone found out what this is yet???
|

replied February 4th, 2009
So I finally went to to the Dermatologist about this problem and it turns out that I have dyshidrotic eczema. FYI: Cultures were taken, there was no virus or bacteria. After explaining my symptoms to the doctor, she was quick to diagnose it as the above form of eczema. Its not a typical form on eczema and can be brought upon by stress, hormone changes, environment changes, etc. At its worst, tiny blisters may form. It is an internally generated skin reaction. I was prescribed a topical, very very low dose steroid cream. It comes back here and there but not nearly as severe as it once had been. I almost never use the topical cream. If its really bothering you go see a dermatologist.
|

replied March 27th, 2009
Itchy bumps also!!
I have been experiencing symptoms most similar to those of itchyandscratchy. I was at my boyfriend's cabin at a lake. There were small hard to see bugs that would bite and leave small red bumps that were the size of pin pricks and didn't itch. My boyfriend his parents and his grandparents all only received a few of these bites. Unfortunately for me my final bite count came out to around 150 and they were large and red like mosquito bites, and itched like chicken pox. Then after a few weeks of lotion and polysporin and a doctor prescribed hydrocirtisol cream, (she didn't know what they were either..) they went away for 6 months which brings it to early Febuary and in Canada where I live it is extremely cold with a few feet of snow and minus thirty degrees temperatures so no bugs can survive. The bites came back in exactly the same patterns and formations on my arms, with a few on my legs, back and neck. I don't know what to do! Help please!
|