Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Normal Or Not ? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have posted and no one has answered me and I am freaking out.

Ok last night I went to the bathroom and when I went to wipe there was some light pink blood on the tolet paper. Is that normal? I hvent seen anymore since last night it happend twice right in a roll but nothing since then.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
I think you probably just lost ur mucus plug... A coating of ur cervix or something like that. Its supposed to happen tho and usually most mommies go into labor within 2 weeks of it happening. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
?
I have already lost my plug two weeks ago. That is why I am paniking
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Are u sure it was ur plug u lost? I dont think its anything too serious tho but to just make sure you can always go the an emergency room. Its better to be safe than sorry.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Pray
Yeah I lost it on the 30th I even called the dr cause I had no idea what happend I was scared. But he said not to worry cause it was my mucus plug.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: Normal Or Not ?
angel6932 wrote:
i have posted and no one has answered me and I am freaking out.

Ok last night I went to the bathroom and when I went to wipe there was some light pink blood on the tolet paper. Is that normal? I hvent seen anymore since last night it happend twice right in a roll but nothing since then.


at your last appt. Were you dialated at all. There are alot of blood vesels in your cervix and when you start to dialate you can bleed a little.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: Normal Or Not ?
angel6932 wrote:
i have posted and no one has answered me and I am freaking out.

Ok last night I went to the bathroom and when I went to wipe there was some light pink blood on the tolet paper. Is that normal? I hvent seen anymore since last night it happend twice right in a roll but nothing since then.


at your last appt. Were you dialated at all. There are alot of blood vesels in your cervix and when you start to dialate you can bleed a little.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
2 Anf 1/2
Yes I was 2and 1/2 cm dilated.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: 2 Anf 1/2
angel6932 wrote:
yes I was 2and 1/2 cm dilated.


well then, that's probably a good sign. You are dialating more. Don't worry unless you start bleeding alot, that could indicate serious problems, like the placenta seperating from the wall. If that should happen you will have alot of blood and should go to the emergency room fast. How far along are you? With my third I was 4 cm for a month before they finally induced me on my due date because my baby was huge. 10.4 lbs.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
36weeks
36 weeks
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: 36weeks
angel6932 wrote:
36 weeks


just hang in there. Have you talked to your Dr. About the bleeding? Don't worry just get ready to head to the hospital. It could be any day now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
First Time Mom
No not yet I thought about calling so I guess I will just to see what they think it wouldnt hurt right? I hope you are right I am so tired. Let me ask you a question. I took my pregnancy test on the 7 of feb and then when they added up when I got pregnant it showed that I was 4wks and 3 days which would make me due on the 12 of oct. Well then I had an utlrasound done two weeks later and it showed nothing but the sac so he said that would put me at oct 21 well then when I was five months pregnant I had another ultra sound done and it showed that I was due on oct 14 but yet he still says I am due the 21. Up untill this past week he had been saying I was due the 14 or the 21 so why are they doing this. I honestly still think I am due the 14. What do you think.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: First Time Mom
angel6932 wrote:
no not yet I thought about calling so I guess I will just to see what they think it wouldnt hurt right? I hope you are right I am so tired. Let me ask you a question. I took my pregnancy test on the 7 of feb and then when they added up when I got pregnant it showed that I was 4wks and 3 days which would make me due on the 12 of oct. Well then I had an utlrasound done two weeks later and it showed nothing but the sac so he said that would put me at oct 21 well then when I was five months pregnant I had another ultra sound done and it showed that I was due on oct 14 but yet he still says I am due the 21. Up untill this past week he had been saying I was due the 14 or the 21 so why are they doing this. I honestly still think I am due the 14. What do you think.


i'd say I agree with you, since your already dialated (which means you are in labor) you are further along then your doc thought. They are probably just trying to keep you and themselves from worrying if you were to go past your first due date they would say it was normal and if you deliver before your last due date they would say that was normal too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Rlc
Ok, good I am glad. So everything sounds fine to you then rlc?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Really due dates are guesses... They can't deturmine 100 % when you got pg. And every baby is different. Some babies are smaller then others and all and that messes with the ultra sound due date. My 3rd daughter had an ultra sound that made me due the 20 of jan, my period due date was feb 12 and a later ultra sound gave em a due date of the 19 of feb. I delivered on the 31 of jan. So really you can be father along then the doctor or the ultrasound says. So I would guess really that since your in labor and you have lost your plug already I would guess very soon on the baby coming I wouldn't be surprized if you deliver next week really though I was dialated at 4 cm with my first for a month. She had screwy due dates also. But when your babys ready to come you will know. Its weird but you will. Even if its your first. My mom says you get a need to clean then get really tired in one day so....
You said you had some pinkish color. If I were you I would have your doc check you for fluid and all cause your baby might have broken your bag too if your feeling kinda leaky... Even if its a few drops... This is very bad if you are and they are doing nothing about it cause it can cause infections and they need to get you on antibotics..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
My Birth Day
Ok I called and they never called me back. I was born on the 31 of january too. Lol.

Well I guess its just more sitting and waiting. Hopefully soon thoug you know. I have been having more pressure today and back pain. Also I am poping alot more than normal. Is that my pelvic streching? It even hurts to pee not a buring but a stabing kind.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes that can happen. I just worried about you I know jordan my jan 31 daughter she poped a hole in my bag and they had to enduce and give me antiboidics because of the hole. Its very dangerous if she has because it can cause infections... It wasn't much leakage but it was just enough to damppen my underwear every hour or so. But still she did.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Thank You
Thank you so much for all your help. It really does help. I am glad I have people like you who will help me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Glad to help anyway I can. I just went though my last and found this site when I had my tubes tied a week ago. Finaly feeling like myself but taking all kinds of viamins to get my blood count back up. My ob has me on iron, c, b and my prenatals of course. But now I found a place I can come and chat. I hope all works out for you but if you water has been brokn you will be asked to go in for a test and everything but I wouldn't worry too much just means you'll be enduced and have him/her soon. But if you don't deliver withing 24 hours after your water is broken c-section is a safe bet to happen.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2005
Re: Rlc
angel6932 wrote:
ok, good I am glad. So everything sounds fine to you then rlc?


everything sounds very normal. The comment on the forum about your water breaking, well you'd know if it did, even if it is slow. I is continuious, it might stop if you lay down,but as soon as you would get up it would start again. Don't let that scare you, it is actually fairly uncommon for a women's water to break at home, especially with a first child. That usually happens when you are in full blown labor and your still in the latent stage. Feel free to ask about any other questions or worries you might have, i'd be happy to help if I can. --raina--
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply