Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Holes In Roof of Mouth Which a Can Blow Water Threw, Altho.. (Page 1)

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Hi, so I feel like I have a bad cold and there are these to weird holes on the roof of my mouth that im pretty sure have never been there before and I went to the bar last night and the whole time I had noo voice it was so weird. So I went to the docter this morning and he was pretty much not interested in what was wrong with me at all he was in such a rush to just leave, a ccomplete jerk you woulda had to be there... He didnt even seem like a real doctor at all.. One look at these holes and he said I have strep throat... "severe strep throat" no swab test no "what are your oter symptoms" notthing!Okay bye he wrote for some penicilin. I got home and realized that I am almost certain this isnt strep throat I have had it before my throat doesnt hurt........ Just the roof of my mouth and I am snezying every second and I feel like crap.... Does anyone know what these holes are??? Also I feel like I am getting an ear infection... Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Nightwish430
|

replied September 18th, 2005
If you go to an ear doctor about your ears then they can also tell you what is wrong with you moh and stuff. Ear doctors also are specalists with the trote and mouth, tht is y they are called ent doctors
e-ear
n-nose
t-throat
they help a lot. Trust me
|

replied November 19th, 2005
Two Holes On Roof of Mouth
I'm experiencing them too. I didn't try to blow water out, but there definitely there.

I felt a strange irritation on the roof of my mouth, and when I took a look I saw two odd holes on the roof of mouth. I think I would have noticed them before. Wonder what they are?

Wish there was more info, and I hope its nothing serious or reason to worry. Good luck with yours.
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Roof of Mouth
I have them too! Except they didnt just appear, i've had them as long as I can remember, and they dont bother me in any way. I can pull air or water from them, but not all the time, only sometimes, usually when I am cold, isnt that weird? I've been serching on the internet eo see if I can find out anything about what they are. Lemme know if you guys find anything out!
|

replied November 15th, 2011
same here almost exactly just never pulled water through just air and it sounds like a little mouse and i could do it as long as i remember and it never bothered me at all, i was just at the dentist getting fillings and i mentioned it to him and he put two tiny sticks in them and took an ex-ray he said he never seen anything or heard about them being natural just from damage or from a tooth being pulled... i thought i only had one hole but he said there were two... so thats all i know about them for now!
|

replied June 27th, 2013
Its some kinda of species detector that goes back to the creation of man and woman. Typically females dont carry this glandualr trait. There is an interesting leture on Facebook by a Man named Delbert Blair who tends to reference his sources if you have the patience to watch. Its called The real Man Woman and Child.Hopefully it will open your reality to a more vast and hidden knowledge.
|

replied January 8th, 2007
Re: Roof of Mouth
I have them too.

Here's my guess: I am a sucker for taking shots. Every time I drink, I take shots and I have noticed they seem to hit that spot on the roof of my mouth.

Could this be the problems? Do anyone of you guys take shots?
|

replied February 2nd, 2007
Roof of Mouth
I seem to have two holes on the top of my mouth also. I've noticed that if I leave them alone for a few days they collect air in them. One time ,wile eating, I noticed that air bubbles were coming off the roof of my mouth. From that moment on I was drowsy, and I was screwing up on everything. This has happened more than once monthly. And as you can see it's interrupting my life so I am interested in how to fix it.
|

replied May 5th, 2007
Holes In Roof of My Mouth Too
Has anyone figured out what these holes are? I've always had them. Nobody I know has them, not even my family. I used to go to the dentist twice a year and he never said anything about them. Perhaps they are normal in a small percentage of people?

By the way, I'm not a drinker so I know it's not that.
|

replied November 15th, 2011
Two holes in the roof of my mouth
Have you found out anything more about the holes. I have them too. My sense of smell has always been very sensative. How about you?
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
I also have two small holes in the roof of my mouth in which I can suck air and water through. I always thought it was normal because my dentist/doctor never said anything about them...I haven't been able to find out anything about them on the internet, but I've asked people and no one seemed to have them...until I asked my Mom...she has them, but my sister, dad and daughter don't. Apparently there is some kind of genetic factor though.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Jacobson's Organ!
I finally found it on the internet. My understanding is it's a throwback in evolution for sensing pheromones. - like what snakes have.
It's not well publicized at all, which I attribute to the fact that it's rare and has no consequence for humans.
I have yet to meet anyone who has them. Smile
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Picture of Roof of Mouth
In case you're interested, I posted a picture of the roof of my mouth on facebook. It's a group called jacobson organ/vomeronasal. See if that's what you have too! Smile
|

replied August 20th, 2007
Not Jacobson's Organ
Its not Jacobson's Organ -- the pits for that are on your nose (specifically inside against the septum), not the roof of your mouth.

I have them too, and they sometimes give me trouble, particularly when I have a bad cold and am sneezing a lot. Its very strange that I can't find any mention of these things anywhere. The only thing that I can think of is that they are either oronasal fisulas (improper passageways between cavities) or oddly large saliva ducts. If anyone know what these are I'd really like to know!
|

replied December 20th, 2007
What Is It Then?
Smile I too have the 2 holes up there just between the hard palette and the soft palette. I thought everybody had them, until this summer when I discovered (aged 39) that this is not so. The main issue I have is when swimming under water - I just fill up with water and drown. My air pressure valve just doesn't work and I have to wear a nose clip. I had my adenoids out when I had grommets installed aged 6. Maybe that's where it stems from.
|

replied December 19th, 2008
I have them too
We are the harmless Vampires.
|

replied January 6th, 2009
I am not alone!
Yes! I can't believe there are others out there with this! My wife thinks I am crazy. I can sometimes make a squeaking noise when I suck air through.
|

replied January 15th, 2009
I have them too!
I would love to know what they are. It drives me crazy. I can suck air through and it makes the squeaky noise. I have asked people and have NEVER met anyone with the same thing.I would love to know what this is. If anyone finds out, post it on here!
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Snap!!
I've got 2 of these pesky little holes too, I can't do anything with them, as I've just discoverd by doing nothing more than spitting cocoa across the lounge! My husband noticed them a couple of years ago, and we've still not found out what they're for. Would be great if anyone finds out.
|

replied March 15th, 2009
Holes in my mouth
I have these same holes and can remember them from when I was little. I have always thought that they were for breathing with your mouth closed but I was unsure. I guess I don't have anything weird to say about them.
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Oral-Maxillary Fistula
maybe Oral-Maxillary Fistula
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Huh. . .
I have them as well. I can suck air and some odd liquid through them (built up saliva?). It's not particularly distracting or anything like that. They don't hurt or anything. I actually find it kind of fun to suck air through them when I'm bored and make squeaky noises. Seems like no one here knows exactly what they are. But I'm glad I'm not the only one that has them. The only person I've met that has them as I do is my boyfriend. Hopefully someone will figure what these things are.
|

replied April 26th, 2009
I think I know what it is.
From what I have read, it appears to be the start of a cleft pallet. There is a lot of information on this out there, and it usually begins to separate around age 30. Hope this helps.
|
Users who thank nickfehr for this post: Contributor