Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Line On Nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
My daughter is 7 years old and has develped a tiny, thin, white line that runs horizontally across the top of her nose. It's gotten more noticeable the last year or so, and she is becoming self conscious. She also says that it's sore sometimes. It looks like a tiny scar, but she hasn't been injured there at all. We've tried using mederma for scars, but i'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. Any ideas what it is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Line on Nose
My 6 year old grandson was just told this week that a similar line on his nose, thin white horizontally a little above the nostrils is an indication of allergies. The doctor has prescribed 2 over the counter allergy medications, 1 for 2 weeks and one for a month. I was looking for more information myself on this since this was the first time I ever heard of this. Does anyone else with allergies have this or had a different explanation for the line?
|

replied June 6th, 2011
Line on Nose
Both my Daughters aged 9 and 7 have the line on their nose. The 9yr old has just had a blood test to confirm high allergies and has been told that this line does indicate allergies. I however did not get told how to fix this problem but would be grateful if anyone has any advice as they are both self conscience about it.
|

replied August 29th, 2011
White line on nose
Both my sons 7 and 3 have this white line too. No underlying health issues and otherwise healthy little boys, never had a Dr. Diagnosis for this but as I understand it, it's because the rub or wipe their nose with their hands in an upward motion. The line it's self is NOT the indication of allergy. The line is an indication of constantly wipeing their nose. The constant wipeing may be an indication of allergy.
|
Quick Reply