Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Kegel Exercise For Men (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi,

can people share there experiences with kegel exercise.. Good or bad?

I have read lot of great things about these exercise but heard there are some side effects too.

Thanks,
andy
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kooma
|

replied September 17th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, there are good and bad things about the exercise.
The positives:
1. Can help to control your orgasm and erection.
2. Can allow you to orgasm without ejaculating, allowing to keep going longer, and often not lose your erection.
3. Helps to create stronger erections, and more powerful orgasms.

The negatives:
1. It will take a long time to achieve the results you want (but it won't take very long to notice that the results are starting).
2. You have to make sure it is only the pc muscle you are contracting, and nothing else, or you will not make any gains from the exercises.
3. A pc muscle that becomes to strong will make it difficult to urinate.

Hope this helps!
|

replied September 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Hmmmm sounds lethal for a girl lol
|

replied September 18th, 2005
Thanks for the reply!

Can you pls tell me why wud stronger pc muscle make it difficult to urinate.. It should actually help to have better urinary control, I guess?

Thanks again,
|

replied September 18th, 2005
It's hard to explain. People who have a hard time controling their bladder, are able to gain the control they need by doing kegels. Well if you over do the exercises, the effects continue, making it more difficult to release the urine as the muscle becomes stronger. Does that make sense? Like I said it's a little difficult to describe. I know I read about it somewhere, i'll see if I can find the link. I wouldn't worry about it to much, it would probably take a lot of exercising of the pc to see that problem. The average person will just see the positive results. Just don't over do it and you'll be fine. I'd say keep it to under 750 kegels a day or so.
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Thanks, you really know a lot!!

There is a long way to go before 750.

What really made me scare about these exercises was

this guy tend to discourage by saying it causes prmature ejacuation (this is totally opposite to what I have read in all other places).
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Cd,

you da man.. Can you tell me if this guy is just plain crazy.. Want to be very sure before messing with my lifeline.
|

replied September 21st, 2005
Like I said before, as lony as you use it (to your advantage) and don't abuse it, you'll be fine. Kegels are usually done for a couple of reasons:
-learn to have more powerful orgasms
-a strong pc muscle, when used correctly, and contracting the muscle just before orgasm/ejaculation, for the duration of the orgasm, one the muscle is strong, will allow you to orgasm without ejaculating; lessening your recovery period.

-for people who have poor bladder control to help gain better control.
-help to create stronger erections.

You'll see a number of people around here that suggest "actionlove" as not being the place you want to go to get your information. Within common errors and misspelled words, I would questions much of the advice that is provided there. While a few things on their site are true, most of it has no evidence. Just remember what I mentioned before (especially the part of makiing sure it's only the pc muscle your contracting) and you'll be fine. Good luck with those kegels! :d
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
andy2001 wrote:
thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!

anytime...
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Kegel exercises is only needed if you find it difficult to ejaculate.

As what the pc muscle flex does is, it builds that muscle and can cause
prostate enlargement in my expereince if you have sufficent testostorone.

It also helps trap the dht converted from testostorone in there which you do not want as it cause p.E and limits the dht being built up in the
penile tissues which you require to balloon your penis.

I do not suggest anyone to do these pc muscle exercises from my own experience but if you have trouble ejaculating then go for it.

For ejaculation control try contracting the tailbone muscle when near ejaculating. This isnt just good for your sexual health but also your health as a whole.

Hope this helps.

"if you think education is expensive, you should try ignorance"
|

replied September 24th, 2005
|

replied September 25th, 2005
I am confused.

Can anybody share some personal experiences.. Somebody who tried and had good or bad results?

Thanks!!
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
i am a 53 year old man and recently was suffering from ed. during internet browsing i happened to see that kegel exercise will help in having a good erection. i started doing this exercise 2 weeks back. thank god my ed vanished and now i am able to have good erection whenever i need.
|

replied September 25th, 2005
andy2001 wrote:
i am confused.

Can anybody share some personal experiences.. Somebody who tried and had good or bad results?

Thanks!!

hi andy,

well it depends on yourself. Do you find it difficult to ejaculate?
From my experience from doing pc muscle exercises it has caused me
prostate enlargement in the past, premature ejaculation and precum flooding.

However I did do about 200 reps, three times a day but the fact is that when building any muscle in the body and especially the pc muscle
it will build in size and cause dht to be trapped there.

Pc (kegel) exercises can accelerate orgasm for men and women, that causes premature ejaculation for men! Why? Pc exercises generally stimulates the prostate itself to release oxytocin which, in turn, burns testosterone into dht in the tissue of the prostate, bulbourethral glands and in the pc (perineum) muscles, and then, more dht will be trapped down there for over-stimulation of the prostate and bulbourethral glands, particularly due to the fact that the perineum blood circulation is poor.

Excessive oxytocin will induce prostaglandin e-2 synthesis locally and then tickle your urethra, prostate and seminal vesicles for assisting erection (good! You ask for it!), expansion (not good for the prostate and seminal vesicles due to a jump of ejaculation urgency and pressure leading to prostate and perineum pains) and, of course, semen emission (unwanted semen leakage during sexual arousal, leading to premature ejaculation, bad!)

generally, the pc exercises train the prostate, bulbourethral glands and pc muscles to automatically contract the prostate for ejaculation, seminal leakage, or orgasm in response to sexual stimulation, in conjunction with the stimulation of the trapped dht on the bulbourethral (cowper's) glands (mainly, the sympathetic nervous circuits from l1 and l2) for discharging or releasing excessive precum (pre-ejaculation fluid).
(this is what I experienced after doing pc muscle flexs but it took 1-2 years to notice the side effects from it!!)

precum contains a lot of prostaglandin e-1 and e-2, where the prostaglandin e-1 helps erection but prostaglandin e-2 triggers (rippens) the prostate seminal emission control (also from the same l1 and l2 nervous circuits) for seminal emission/ejaculation or leakage. When your prostate emission control valve is ripened by the precum or blasted (damaged) by a chronic poor-quality ejaculation jet, you will become a minute or second man or a semen-leaking man.

Why men try the pc exercises? Due to weak erection! Pc (kegel) exercises are only good for women to exercise the vaginal muscles.

In addition, if pc/prostate exercises give you pain, you are in trouble with excessive prostaglandin e-2 synthesis in the prostate and bulbourethral glands for premature ejaculation and precum flooding!

Solutions for your problems: power erection, boost the prostaglandin e-1 synthesis (but reduce prostaglandin e-2) and fix venous leakage for sexual orgasm - repair the penile damage due to masturbation, jelqing, and a woman's wild ride; and de-train the intuitively nervous reflexion and contraction in the prostate, bulbourethral glands and pc muscles for solving premature ejaculation .

Take daily

3000mg fish oil
3000mg borage oil
1500mg l-arginine

this will boost your prostaglandin e1 synthesis which keeps your erection harder, longer and giving you much longer lasting power.

I do not understand why any man would want to trap their dht in their pc muscle rather than binding it into the penile tissues to grow the penis
rather than the pc muscle. This is how boys in their puberty grow their penises due to the high testostorone burning into dht to the penile tissues which causes spontaneous erections day and night.

Again I only go from my expereince when I was aged 11-16 which produced the problems above.

Andy if you have some spare time, try read these links instead
as it will change your love/sex life forever:

http://www.Actionlove.Com/cases/case11548. Htm

he said 'i've been experimenting with your anal breathing techniques and kegels as well. When I do kegels I do ejaculate quicker. When I do anal breathing that doesn't happen.' for prolonging sex and more sexual orgasm.
Http://www.Actionlove.Com/cases/case13283. Htm

he said 'i have been practising your anal breathing method and I can now control when I come I lasted last nite for 50mins and my girl had multiple orgasms she loves it'; sexual kungfu and anal breathing is the way to enjoy multiple sexual orgasms.
Http://www.Actionlove.Com/cases/case13229. Htm

he said ' after almost 2 months on your products, i've realized that I no longer have constant chronic fatigue! I started to notice that about 3 weeks into taking vial-pal-hgh-j...... The scar tissue in my penis doesn't feel as hard and bulky as it was a month ago. I'm doing at least four 30 minute vip heat massages a day.' for restoration of sexual orgasm.
Http://www.Actionlove.Com/cases/case12491. Htm

again to everyone who is reading this, Dr.Lin has helped me to recover from over masturbation and ejaculation since age 11(twice a day, every day till aged age 17.
Penile damage by penile stretching, penile bending, penile grip and squeeze, hanging
8kg weights on penis, tying 3-5 plastic bands extremely tightly around the penile base,
over practicing pc muscle clenches which caused penile precum leakage constantly, overdrinking to the extent of passing out lots and lots of times and smoking hash.

This has caused low energy levels, low sex drive levels, pains in the liver, kidney, stomach area, testicles, pc muscle, lower back, neck, and over the penis from the root to the head.

It has turned semen into water like liquid and only little amount. Had to limit ejaculation to once a week but still experienced after ejaculation headaches and cramps. After the ejaculation I would have to sleep at least 10 hours to lessen the headaches.

The worst part is the penile scars known as peyronies disease causing little to no erection, if there was one then it would hold up for maybe a minute. Penis turned to leather like material and bends over the penis. I could feel a breakage at the left cylinder of the penis and still do.

Iam still recovering day as it a long rejuvenation process as in my case it was quite severe so it takes a good 12 months at least for repair of the whole body.

Let me know what you guys think?

"if you think education is expensive you should try ignorance."
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Kegel quicker ejaculation
Since I started doing these kegel exercises I've been ejaculating quicker before it would take me about 20-40 minutes now it's only about 10 minutes, If I rest my pc muscle & completely stop doing kegel will I go back to normal?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2013
Hi,
The same happened to me, but harder. I couldn't have orgasm, but I could eyaculate.
I stopped doing Keygel exercises, but it continued. And that was a year ago.
Did anyone overcome that trouble and how?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2013
I didn't get de quantities. You mean 1,5 mg of L-arginine? because 1500mg would be impossible
|

replied October 8th, 2005
Any body has positive experiences to share?
|

replied October 8th, 2005
They have worked well for me. "learn4life" mentioned anal breathing which is another technique; I think most people find that kegels work better with longer lasting effects though. Other than that, I would try to stay away from what actionlove says as much as possible.
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Ok i'm an average guy trying to get over pe and i've been doing kegels for several months, and after a bit of a change of routine, i'm starting to know what cd means when he says you will feel them start to work...I by no means have much control at all yet, but I can feel that it takes more and more stimulation to get me off. The problem was for a long time I was doing kegels but not enough, and not the right kind, to really strengthen the muscle. Think about it, if you wanted your arm to get stronger you wouldn't just move it up and down 100 times a day would you? I mean technically it would strengthen your arm but it'd take 5 years before you noticed any useable difference. I found that simply contracting the muscle is not enough for some guys because some guys start out with much weaker pc muscles than others. After 6 months of simply doing contractions every day and not noticing much difference I started taking the suggestion of putting a wet towel (a small towel) over my penis when it was erect and doing the penile lifts, this is a good exercise because it isolates your pc muscle by default. I would do say 50 1sec lifts followed by a 30 second hold. Of course your erection probably will start to go down at this point so you get yourself back up to being hard again, and start a new set. I'm up to about 4 sets of these exercises a day and my pc muscle really feels like it is being worked finally. You may want to start with just a wet sock if your pc's are starting out really weak. So to get back to how I can tell it is working...That great feeling you get when your libido starts to kick it into high gear, which usually means guys like us are about 10 seconds away from losing it, is starting to draw out. I get to that point and now have like 30 more seconds of that great feeling before it starts to get to the point of no return. It has taken me about 1 month of (real) kegel exercises to get that far, but I can tell that finally some progress has been made. I have been dealing with pe for almost 10 years and I have tried the start-stop, masturbating beforehand, and desensitizing creams, none of this has been even close to successful. But these more intense kegel sets, they are finally doing something. It has not been easy...What the more informed websites say is true, discipline, patience, and determination are essential if you want to overcome this, a bit of a sense of humor helps as well. So kick it up a notch my friend, and good luck.

Ps actionlove guy would have you believe smoking pot causes premature ejaculation. Don't listen to that fool.
|

replied November 7th, 2013
Kooma,
Great description and details on how you helped solve your pe problem. I'm going to try it out. Thanks for posting!
|

replied October 9th, 2005
kooma wrote:
after 6 months of simply doing contractions every day and not noticing much difference I started taking the suggestion of putting a wet towel (a small towel) over my penis when it was erect and doing the penile lifts, this is a good exercise because it isolates your pc muscle by default. I would do say 50 1sec lifts followed by a 30 second hold. Of course your erection probably will start to go down at this point so you get yourself back up to being hard again, and start a new set. I'm up to about 4 sets of these exercises a day and my pc muscle really feels like it is being worked finally.

awesome advice and i'm glad to here that they are finally working for you!
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Thanks, guys!!
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Anytime!
|