Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Mold And Ms

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
My boyfriend moved into these horrible apartments not knowing how bad it was there. They didn't show him the actual apartment or the garage. The mold there is so bad that when i go there i have major allergy attacks. But with his ms it is really scaring me. I recently did a search on the web and found the side affects mold has on someone. My boyfriend is having almost all of them. I don't know if this will have a bigger effect on his ms? Does any one know if we can get him out of there legally without having any problems with breaking the lease?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bant
|

replied September 5th, 2003
Rolling Eyes I find your post interresting because of the molds.. I do not know what this plays on ms but I also have been exposed to them very much so.. We lived in a parsonage ( my husband is a pastor )which had tons of toilet waiste under the house.. Not known to us for about a year.. It was that year that my ms started to really expose itself. I hope that your friend can get out of there soon. Take photo's for the molds to back you from any future spats. Good luck!
Preachywife~
|

replied September 5th, 2003
Ms And Mold
I agree, mold, and other allergines can cause your symptoms to react. I one that when everything is blooming not only do I have the stuffy nose and itchy eyes but my legs tingle more and i'm tired all the time,

i would say yes to your friend being able to get out of the lease because mold is extremly dangerous to anyone. If he has a problem then he can get a lawyer or even call the health department. They would know what to do.

Good luck
angela
|

replied October 13th, 2003
Mold
Hey my friend did indeed get out of the lease. They didn't give him and problems after his doctor wrote a note saying that he could not live there with the mold because of his ms...Thanks for the support...
|

replied November 11th, 2003
Mold And Ms
I found the mold and ms interesting. I have been told it is possible I have ms. I live in an older home with lots of moisture problems. My unusual mslike symptoms have been coming and going for the past four years. I am beginnig to think mold may be my problem and not ms
|

replied December 30th, 2003
I also fine the mold issue intresting. As a child my parents applied a vinyl wallpaper in my bedroom. After awhile we noticed my walls looked like there was a rash under the paper. When the paper was removed we saw the wall was covered with mold. The wall had to be sanded down before a new paper was applied. I lived in that room for several years. I don't know if the mold issue was actually ever resolved.
Just found your post intresting. Maybe there is a connection who knows.
Thanks Rolling Eyes
|

replied May 12th, 2008
Just to let you know - you can contact the Board of Health in your area and make a report. That is simply not legal. Also, there may be a Housing Authority you can contact for your area who will act as the liason between renter and owner. There are laws and ordinances that make this illegal and help you take action and help to motivate the landlord to get his/her act together and fix the problems.
Just go online and search "local Board of Health office." that should get you started.
|

replied July 16th, 2008
I think that doctors should look more into ms and mold i have ms and my neighbor in the same house has just been diagnosed with ms we have the same symptoms and also have mold but the doctor and board of health in our are wont test the mold they say that they will only test if there are respratory problems me and my neighbor think its because we live in government housing
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2010
Maycoo411...

You can contact the health department. Also take pictures. If the landlord has a problem, then take them to small claims court. We had the same issue with a place we were living in. Mold was growing inside the walls. There was no insulation and it was coming through the drywall. My hair and my daughters hair was falling out, and my other daughter was having nose bleeds. We were always very tired, and had breathing problems. In some states... the "slumlord" can get into trouble for this and be liable. I let mine off the hook and let him know what was going on and that I had pictures. I also left all the cleaning to do after you move out. I moved the refrigerator away from the wall to sweep underneath it,and found mold was almost to the top. I said, that was it. He was gonna have to clean it and breath the mold spores in himself.
|

replied June 10th, 2011
I was recently diagnosed with MS and Dr. states it was from mold exposure. So Bant get out of there asap. I also lived in Govt. Housing and it took a while to finally get moved and only because the courts said so.
|

replied September 19th, 2012
One inexpensive way to see if mold or other airborne contaminants are a problem for you is to buy a HEPA-filtered room air cleaner (less than $200) and run it on high for several days. If your symptoms clear at all, but return when you shut it off, you definitely have an indoor air quality problem.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov