Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Else Can Cause a Positive Pregnancy Test?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
What else can cause a positive pregnancy urine test other than pregnancy?What if the test is positive and then come to find out that it wasent pregnancy at all. This is just a question and it dont pertain to me at all I was just wondering if anyone had an answer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I believe ovarian cancers and some tumors on female organs can cause false positive urine test.
|

replied September 5th, 2011
thank you for your statment. why do you think this? did somone you know experience this?
|

Experienced User
My Dr. Said that if you eat lots of cabage it coulds cause a positive.
|

Extremely eHealthy
jlee77 wrote:
fatfamily02 wrote:
i believe ovarian cancers and some tumors on female organs can cause false positive urine test.

i've never heard of these causing a positive pregnancy test. Certain medicines containing hormones can cause a positive test.

i have been researching this stuff for my abdominal pregnancy and I have read that on the internet lately. Just like I cannot get a +test cuz I have no uterus. I need to start a column on it "how many pple are or have been pregnant and no +urine test, and or no +blood test"???

Hiyah jlee77==how are you doing??
|

Extremely eHealthy
buttercup_501 wrote:
my Dr. Said that if you eat lots of cabage it coulds cause a positive.

lots of cabbage huh that is strange??!! Did he say how it makes it come out that way??
|

Experienced User
She said it causes a false positive if you eat a large amount of it because of the way your body process it.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Cabbage
That's bizzare.

Things like tumors etc could cause a postive pregnancy test, because of the human growth hormone. The tumor would use it to grow itself.

I think it'd be unusual though, to get that high a level to show up on a pregnancy test.

Also, sometimes people use human growth hormone to increase muscle growth (same as steriods). Body builders and stuff use it sometimes.
|

Experienced User
This is kind of strange, but my fiance' learned in one of his biology classes last semester that if a man were to have testicular cancer, his urine produces more hcg than normal, thus causing a positve on a hpt.
|

My mother had a molar pregnancy and almost died before she had me and she always came out positive on a urine test after that.I dont know why but she did.She told me the other day she'd go to the doc for something and theyd come back and tell her she was pg and shed be like no im not and just laugh at them.I thought was pretty funny.
|

Extremely eHealthy
heather_0332 wrote:
my mother had a molar pregnancy and almost died before she had me and she always came out positive on a urine test after that.I dont know why but she did.She told me the other day she'd go to the doc for something and theyd come back and tell her she was pg and shed be like no im not and just laugh at them.I thought was pretty funny.

yes I had to go back 3 different times for the test to come back normal after my molar pregnancy. Mine was when the male fertilizes the egg with 2 sperms--genetic failure--degenertion of the placents-fetal death and then cancer cells grow until miscarriage or removal. I miscarried mine and almost bleed to death.

That is funny--
|

Extremely eHealthy
jlee77 wrote:

i'm doing well, and yourself?

I've never heard of being able to get pregnancy w/o a uterus. You said abdominal pregnancy. Wow. You must have been shocked to learn you were pregnant!

|

replied September 17th, 2005
I have never heard of anything which gives a positive pregnancy test result other than pregnancy itself. Maybe you are not ready to accept the fact that you are pregnant. In all its probability it looks to me that you are pregnant..Do go for another test to be sure.
|