Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

a Large Lump

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi I am 15 years old and a couple months ago I noticed a large lump on my neck and my neck does hurt all the time, I get bad headaches everyday and it takes me hours to fall asleep at night I didnt think anything of it intill today while at school someone noticed it and asked me if I had cancer an that got me thinking is it possible?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2005
a Large Lump
Hi cassie,

as everyone here keeps recommending to anyone asking about stuff like that: have it checked out! It isn't necessarily anything, but the longer you wait, the worse it will get if it is something. And if you're worried about the cost of the doctor, it will only get more expensive. This is not the right place to save money.

Personally, i'm battling hodgkin's lymphoma, which was diagnosed from a lump above my collar bone, so I know what i'm talking about. But i've had other lumps that haven't been anything, so don't get too worried. Just check it out and you'll sleep better.

All the best.
|
Did you find this post helpful?