Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Strange Oozing Lump On My Butt Crack (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hey guys, about 2 inches above my anus, just below the tailbone, just inside the butt crack, I have this little bump that moves easily under the skin, just below that is a tiny hole that wont go away and if I lightly push on the lump it oozes out this light red kinda clear stuff, now im not to sure if it is getting bigger, but im kinda concered that it may be something, just to let u know, its not noticeable or anything, its very small, can anyone help? Thx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper China105
|

replied October 23rd, 2005
Strange Lump Ooozing Above Butt Crack...
Dear mustafa111,

what you have discribed to me is a pylonidal cyst. I have had two in that same area. Thank god yours is only ooozing watery bloody liquid. Normally they ooze a puss like liquid that has an odor that could make you puke. They can grow to be the size of a marble or larger. If you put hot compress it will soften and hofeully pop on it's own. If you see alittle white plug, andnd you squeeze near it, it should rupture. You can have these lanced, but no gaurentee they will not return. I have had a total of 12 of these cysts in the last 15 years. One time I had 2 near yours, and I went to a doctor, and found little black dots in a row dow the crack of my but and told me they were future cysts...Something your born with and will activate in their own time...I was to uncomfortable I had surgery to remove them..When I woke up the surgeon tole me I had at least 6 future cysts marks, and took them all out. I have a permenent scare down my crack.., but it's worth it. Now I get them around the base of my neck and near my ears. I had a hugh one that I though for years was scartissue from a cycst removal pro cedure 10 years ago, and I ignored it. Last christmas it hurt so bad I put a hot compress on it and it burst. The dry pus that came out of it was like cottage cheese, it mearsured the size of a golfball. The odor was so bad in my house when it burst, my cat threwup and hid for three days.
If you have one, you have the possibility to have others...If you have seen a doctor since you posted your message, please reply back..I am curious how you made out.
Take care....China105
|
Users who thank China105 for this post: sheeshjackie 

replied October 29th, 2011
What if there is a whole on your crack can time heal that??
|

replied November 14th, 2005
Hi I am 14 years old and I have a similar thing I have two pin hole sized holes just above my anus. This light red colored fluid comes out I don't know what it could be, I am going to the doctors in a few days will post another reply
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Glad I Found This..
Last night I notcied something similar..My tailbone really hurt and I thought it was cause I fell..But then when I pushed on it I realized there was a tiny bump and it oozed watery like stuff...Then this morning I did it again and it looked like blood..I was freaking right out..Im glad I found this though..Ill be sure to go to the doctor!
|

replied January 4th, 2007
Hey, I think ive got the same thing, ive had these 2 little soft lumps on one side of my butt crack, and they ooze the watery stuff, but sometimes they full on bleed, and can be rather painful, I had a go at poping them, and one has almost gone away, but the other one just stays pretty big, and it does have a pretty bad aroma. What causes this to happen, is it a matter of poor hygene or something? And what is a hot compress? Is it something I can fix myself, or should I see a doctor, and is it expensive?
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Thanks God I looked at this.....I searched and saw it was in the Skin Cancer section and I started to freak out. Phew. I read up on Pilonidal Cysts and Another theory is that pilonidal cysts appear after trauma to the sacrococcygeal region (the region relating to both the sacrum [the lower vertebrae] and coccyx). During World War II, more than 80,000 soldiers developed pilonidal cysts that required a hospital stay. People thought the cysts were due to irritation from riding in bumpy Jeeps. For a while, the condition was actually called “Jeep disease.”
|

replied June 14th, 2007
Ugh....my Mom Cannot Afford Me Having This...
i don't know how long but for awhile now the top of my but (where the crack ends) has itched. Mostly, i notice it when i go to the bathroom. I have 4 little holes....the one closest to my actual butthole is the biggest. I haven't noticed any bumps or anything though? is mine in like...the early stages? 'cause there is no way i could have these things sergically removed. my mom is like freaking out thinking it is contagious and wondering how she'll get me an appointment at the doctors. we have a special kind of insurance....the kind for poor people. so, we can only see doctors on certain days and at certain times. i'm really annoyed because i am suppose to go to this camp in a few days and it has already been payed for and i won't be able to go if this damg thing is contagious....please help me!!!!!
|

replied September 30th, 2007
Do Only Guys Have That Problem
My daughter is 15 and we have found a problem with a hole right at the top of her butt crack... well it is right before the top of the but crack... it has blood that comes out of it..... She only has one but it is freaking us out... it goes away sometimes but it always comes back in the same spot.... does anyone know if this is just a guy problem or can girls have it to?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Pile-o-nodal Cysts
Ok, I admit, it's a play on words. On a serious note, these cysts are more common in men than women. There's usually a genetic component. Both sexes are equally embarassed by them, especially when painful or prone to leakage and subsequent staining of clothes. The cysts are found anywhere along the 'butt-crack' and up to 2 inches above. They're not contagious EXCEPT when you have another contagious illness, i.e., cold, flu, std, etc. in which case the material coming out will contain the virus/bacteria for your other condition(s). The white material draining out is most likely dead white blood cells. A reddish tinge will be seen if there's actual red blood cells coming out. The clear component is also part of your blood. If one bursts open on it's own, no big deal; just keep it clean and dry using a tissue, cautiously so as not to get a fiber stuck in there which could cause a secondary infection. Ideally, you should air it out. An anti-bacterial ointment would be a smart thing to apply. DO NOT pop them on your own. All cysts have an outer layer called a "capsule" which prevents the contents from leaking freely into the surrounding tissues/muscles. Popping a cyst can rupture the capsule from the deep side which you can't see and then your body has to deal with a new 'irritant' previously contained. You also risk getting it infected; remember where it's located. Surgery and/or drainage by a medical professional is the most common treatment. Recurrences are not unusual post treatment. Hope this helps!
|

replied November 15th, 2007
I thought something serious was happening. I have read that many people have this problem and it is a cyst. My daughter was having a fit about it. I told her she was not the only one. She is very embarrassed about it. I told her she might have to have it removed. She said , "No way im letting a doctor look at my butt...lol" thanks for the reply.
|

replied January 15th, 2008
i dont know what to do
i have these bumps on my butt and they hurt really bad at times. when you pop them they have clear stuff. i dont know what to do? can anyone help
|

replied October 27th, 2011
those little ones are normal i get them in between my tighs . right now i am dealin with a big one just above my tailbone and it hurts like hell .
|

replied January 30th, 2008
yeah
I think this is what my boyfriend has.

There are three pinsized holes right inside his butt, at the very top. Sometimes there is this black stuff that looks kinda like erasure bits. I thought that could be fuzz from his clothes, but it sure looks like it is coming out of the holes. When I squeeze them clearish whiteish liquid comes out, mostly of the top one. And also, there was a hair growing out of the top one. He says they're a little sore but not really. They are perfectly vertical and fairly similar in size. What's weird is when I stretch the skin to the left, the holes widen and you can see them really well (I was trying to show him by taking a picture), but when I pull the skin to right the holes almost disappear.

Anyway, they have never bothered him before, and he pretty much forgets about them. Should we go to the doctor anyway?

Thanks!
|

replied February 17th, 2008
dang
i think i got that to cause i was sleeping and i woke up with this pain like under my tail bone are so i went to see what was causing it. I looked and found this small looking bump and it hella hurts there also was some pus like stuff coming out. Early the next day it was a little bigger and now it looks like blood is coming out so I'm goin to go to the doctors thanks.
|

replied March 5th, 2008
after surgery
I found that I have one of these about two years ago. I never told anyone because I was embarased. Finally after it got so bad I told my mom and she took me to the doctor. Two years later, I am just now getting over my second surgery to take care of this. My question is, my surgery is healed for the most part. I just had surgery in December. There is a little bit that I think is not healed yet as it is still putting out pus. There is a slight stench. Does anyone know if this will go away after it heals compleatly?
|

replied July 21st, 2008
wow... thanks
i must say... the whole "skin cancer" thing scared me a lot...
my boyfriend is talking to "tele-health" on the phone right now. i was surprised how exact these symptoms were, and really relieved because this had been going on for months. in the past day the lump beside the tiny holes has reached about 3 inches in size and he is in serious pain. the telehealth said we should get to the doctors within the next four hours.. just in case anyone has similar symptoms.
|

replied August 28th, 2008
Pilonidal Cyst
Almost everyone here described a pilonidal cyst or another form of it. Do some research on it and see doctor immediatly... don't pop them yourself it its oozing, and soak in warm baths to releive some pain. PLEASE DO NOT get a surgery where they cut it open and remove the cyst and its tracking try to do everything else first, I got the surgery and I was bed ridden in pain everyday for a year and a half, It finally healed and just yesterday I noticed a new one *sigh* It sucks but do a lot of research before you freak out and get surgery also obesity and deep hair folicles can be a cause but most likely genetics. Trauma can make an already existant cyst become infected not create one... please p.m. me if you have any questions I can help you out Smile good luck to everyone!
|

replied October 17th, 2012
I would like some info from you. I think I have this same problem. But I have had the hole for years, only once and a while does it "flare up" but in the past it has maybe oozed a little and then goes away. I have it right now though, I don't have insurance and no money either. What are your remedies if you say to not get surgery. Please email me
|

replied September 11th, 2008
tiny holes on butt crack
I have always had a line of black holes on my butt crack and thought they were blackheads! My mom had some kind of surgery for these when she was 19, which left a horrible scar. I noticed my baby daughter has these same holes on her! Luckily mine have never become infected and i am 31 years old.
|

replied September 14th, 2008
ok i noticed like small lumb at my anus and it hurts like hell but it doesnt ooze stuff out like every 1 elses im really freek out here should i atemt 2 pop it ?
|

replied September 23rd, 2008
can anyone help me
hey guys, i was reading some of the things on this site and it is very interesting. i have something similar to you guys but it is on my actual butt cheek. it is about the size of a small marble when i pop it, it has blood and puss come out then just blood. it will go away for about a week or so and then come back again in the same exact spot. can anyone tell me what this is or help me with what i should do. thanks
|

replied February 4th, 2009
Thought it was a big puss smelling pilonidal cyst
But it turned out to be I was growing a tail. Now that I earned my tail the horns should be coming in next.
|