Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Am a Total Nerd!!! Appt Tomarrow!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My Dr. Called me last night because they have a cancellation for tomarrow. I went in a few weeks ago and they told me that there was no way I was prego. So I go in tomarrow just to find out how far I am and to make sure everything is okay. I am so excited!!! Where you guys excited? I am a little scared about the whole labor thing but I have another 7-8 months to talk myself into it. It does not feel real yet. I know that I am prego but it is just starting to sink in. Did you guys feel this way? When did it hit?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Experienced User
The first time yes I felt that way too. Everyones a bit scared but its worth it in the end. You forget everything you went though the pregnancy, the labor and delivery once you have that baby in your arms....

The second that test came up positive I was excited and scared. Then came that feeling of complete questions... Am I ready? Am I going to beable to take care of it? It all, really works out in the end. After the questions and during you feel sick also so you might want to get a book and read while sitting at the toilet. Also drink lots of water and eat your allowed to gorge now hehe.. Your eating for 2 congratulations!!!!!!

Don't worry all the wondering is gone now comes the hard part... First triemesster!!!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I felt that way too, until I got about 6 months pregnant. I was lying in bed one night, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I remember saying, " oh my god, I am going to have a baby in 3 months".....It just sunk in.
|

Experienced User
Yep, I felt the same way!

When I first found out, I was only a little over 4 weeks! I was very excited and nervous. I found out at the end july, but my insurance didn't kick in until september 1st! So I had to wait forever for my first appointment. I wanted to buy baby stuff, I wanted to pitch a tent in toys r us, I couldn't stop thinking of names!

Then I would get weird thoughts, like, what if there really isn't a baby in there? What if I lost the baby and I didn't know it? Keep in mind I didn't bleed at all haha. Other than some light cramping, I didn't feel any different!.

Then around the 6 week mark, the middle of august, I started getting sick. I also started to show a little. I still didn't really feel pregnant, but then I realized that the only thing I could blame it on was the baby haha. My whole mentality changed, I didn't want to think about baby stuff at all. Didn't even want to think about baby names, didn't even want to think about what I had to buy. I guess I was kind of resenting the baby for making me so sick haha. The bad sickness lasted about 4 weeks, it started getting better when I hit 10 weeks.

I had my first doc appointment when I was 9 weeks. The doctor was not helpful at all. She told me everything I already knew! So just don't get your hopes up... I thought I was getting a due date and more specifics... Nope! I thought they would give me a sonogram... Nope! I walked out of there knowing just as much as I did when I went in.

I had them schedule a sonogram for 10 weeks... I went in and that was amazing. Couldn't tell what sex it is just yet, but I saw its hands and its heart beating... When she let me hear the heart beat, tears started running down my face. It is the most amazing thing you will ever experience... Hearing your babies heart beat for the first time! They confirmed that my due date was april 6th.

Now here I am at 11 weeks... Still get waves of sickness sometimes during the day, but I feel pretty good. Being tired all the time is what kills me! But now I am back to thinking about baby names and baby stuff, and being happy instead of miserable.

I guess the point of my post is, your emotions and feelings will change alot during the next few weeks. It is true, you are going to feel like your on a rollercoaster! But the first trimester is usually the hardest. In my opinion, if I could make it through the first trimester, I can make it through labor haha. I am still a little scared of labor, but then I think about how many women have done it... What makes me any different?

Good luck with your appointment!
|

Experienced User
Labor isn't really all ppl crack it up to be. Yes it hurts like nothing you ever felt before but really you do forget about the pain after you have him/her in your arms. If you didn't do you think ppl would have more then one?
Anyway your going to have a real rollercoster ride with your emotions for the next 9-12 months while prego and even after. Alot of things change while your pregnant. And alot of things change after you welcome the baby home. Trust me. I use to be a huge out door person and really big on going places all the time now I just want to sit at the cp and play or talk. Though gratned yes I take kids to park and out to play and everything else but I mostly enjoy time indoors. Thats just me. Plus you find your alot more patinet then you use to be. Its like your house was made of bricks and now its glass... Then it turns into very heavy see though plastic for a while then it gets darker and darker til others can't see in except in places. That would be a good way to talk about how others see your emotions and what not.

Grr talking about kids my 2 year old is getting into something again... She just dumped half my spices out on to the counter and now well.... Grrrr gl...
|

Experienced User
Jelly beans all over... Well looks like its lunch and nap time.... Naps god I miss them..... You'll sleep alot now too... Get alot cause it doesn't last after they get older....

( 4 kids, 6,5,2, 10 weeks)
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
ginacod wrote:
jelly beans all over... Well looks like its lunch and nap time.... Naps god I miss them..... You'll sleep alot now too... Get alot cause it doesn't last after they get older....

( 4 kids, 6,5,2, 10 weeks)

holy cow! How do u do it? I have enough with just my 3 month old!
|

Experienced User
Patence alot of patence... Yes I have my days I wish I could just run away but there really enjoyable.. Like nap time hehe its a break for me and lets me relax.. Plus i'm a stay at home mom so I really can do alot. But other then the load of laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and contently cleaning up after them... Its well worth it. I'm just really tired of watching pooh bear 24/7 (hempalump or however its spelled). But that gives me an hour of peace too. Too bad my older ones don't settle down like that but hey thats whats schools for right? Its great really, their very well behavied most of the time. Just keep at the rules.. Enfoce them everytime and you won't have many problems.. I think after the first it gets easier, but then again my 6 year old trys to take over on the mothering... Its cute and funny but really annoying... Right now my 5 year old is a angel does everythingsd shes told and shes the one that gets spoild the most (i don't reward the bad behavior only the good)...
|