Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

11 Days Late...negative Home Test...help (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I started taking bc pills but stopped two weeks later because of constant bleeding.I stopped bleeding a couple days later.I have had unprotected sex several times.My boobs hurt,having nasuea,hot flashes,peeing alot,and I have a huge appetite.I am 11 days late for my period.I took a home preg test 4 days ago at just a week after my missed period but it was negative. Could I still be pregnant???How much longer should I wait before I take another test?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1smallfry
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Experienced User
I am in the same exact boat youre in. I am 11 days late and took a test last friday. It came back negative, but I am having some symptoms as well. I can barely eat anything w/out becoming sick to my stomach, I get hot and cold flashes all the time and pee more than I usually do. I went to the doc. Today though and had a blood test done. I find out tomorrow what the results are, so wish me luck. Some women in my class tell me that I could most def. Be pregnant from the symptoms I am having. If I werre you I would go get a blood test done, they are more accurate from what I hear
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
I'd Say Positive
I think you are both pregnant. I don't doubt it one bit. I'm not even late but I spotted a tiny bit today but I know i'm pregnant.
|

replied May 19th, 2009
11 days late, 2 negative pregnancy test
omg, i too am 11 days late with negative test. for a couple of days i had this dull back pain and i feel like my period is about to start any minute. i'm cramping so bad. i don't usually cramp this bad before a period. Why are my tests negative?
|

replied May 29th, 2009
11 days late 4 negative tests!
i am 11 days late on my period today i feel sick and i was sick yesterday, i feel like im gunna come obn but i dont! do u think im pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2009
hi, were u girls pregnant after all?
|

replied September 5th, 2009
pregnant ?
i'm having the same problem,could anyone help me please? i'm about 11 days late.the last period i had was a month ago, but i had unprotected sex on june 27. i took a cheap dollar store test a week ago,and it said negative. but i have been having symptoms (or, it could be my imagination) my dad is flipping out,and i really need to know if anyone thinks i could be pregnant. i dont want to waste my money on another test if it's going to be negative, or waste money going to the doctor. help please [~:
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2009
I am also late, This is my first, Ive been having some of the signs, and its driving me crazy. I took a test and it came out (-) and then i took another one and it was really foggy to the point where i couldn't til what it was showing. I'm so scared, i just got engaged to my boyfriend of two years, he just got back from there service, and now it feels like everything is coming all at once. i just wish for the best, i dont have a mother to help guide me threw this, so reading what you all have to say, helps me a big deal thank. I go in for a test on Monday, wish me luck! and thank you~!
Crystal
|

replied October 21st, 2009
hey
after reading peoples stories im in the same boat.but im only 17, 11 days late, every pregnancy symptom in the book 2 the obvious 1's like feeling sick missed period to the non obvious like heartburns dizzyness back pain and so on, but i took a clear blue test and it came out negitive. the thing is ifeel different, i dont no wether its just my imagination or its cos im stressing bout it that much that im making it stop myself. i have no1 2turn to or tlk 2, yes ican with my bf. but thats diff. ithink im going 2 the docs in cuple of days 2geta blood test. but im wondering when would u get ur results back ..hours l8r? next day? couple of days ? im just feeling like im going nuts! do you u think im pregnant ? please reply 2 me ineed help
thanks. E.x
|

replied November 8th, 2009
How about somebody posting an answer instead of everyone asking the same question?
|
Users who thank kpc_08 for this post: skittles32 

replied June 13th, 2010
There's many reasons for late periods and negative tests.. this may actually mean you're NOT pregnant. NORMALLY when youre pregnant and 11 days late, your hormone levels are so high that it will read on even the worst of tests. However, there's other causes of this BESIDES pregnancy... you could have a cyst on your ovary.. that will cause your period to skip a month. New birth control, misusing birth control is a huge reason for it. Remember birth control ARE HORMONES.. so when you're not using it properly or misuse it then yes it can cause pregnancy symptoms such as nauseous and mood imbalances along with cramping. Another HUGE factor is stress. That will mess up your ovulation and in the end result put your period late or skipped. If you're getting negative tests then follow up with a doctor to rule out any of these reasons I have given. Cysts are very common and if they are big enough and on your ovary, it WILL cause you to miss your period. Stomach cramps/stabbing pains in one side of your abdomen are a huge sign of a cyst.
|

replied December 21st, 2010
I am 11-14 days late I have a pinching pain in my vaginal area. I have sensitive nipples and I have gotten sick a time or two... Any suggestions???
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
Go see your doctor. Simple.
|

replied January 31st, 2011
i am 11 days late.. gettin cramps now an then for over a week now!.. no other symptoms.. (-) hpt could i be preg?
|

you could be, but until a test shows positive or your period starts you wont know. I'm not 2 weeks late, and got another negative test today.

It's not very good advice, but it's really the best to do. At this stage wait it out. Maybe do another test when you're 2 1/2 weeks, then if still nothing by the time your next period would be due, go see a doctor.

I was told today by my nurse that some women just don't show up positive in any urine tests until quite late in their pregnancy.
|

tanks hun, eh im not gettin any symptoms apart from crampin for the last week or so? so im a 11 days late now how long should i wait before doin another test?
|

replied February 18th, 2011
wishing
I have been reading lots of advice over the past 11 days, trying to find some answers just like all of you guys!
I have noticed that they are lots of the same storeys but no answers. So i thought it was only fare i let you know my storey.
I am very regular always have been, yet i was 11 days late, i had all the symptoms of being pregnant,i had done 6 test all negitive, but was still convinced i was pregnant!I have had sore/tender breast,needing the loo more,lower abdominal aching, Yet no symptoms of period. really out of caracter. i already have a little boy so reackonised the symptoms!
Then today out of the blue period started! Sad The point to me telling you guys this is that pregnancey tests are so good our days the likelyhood of them being false negative are slim! loads of best wishes x

P.S your suppose to have sex every 3 days so get cracking!!!!! Wink
|

replied March 5th, 2011
i am 39 years old and in the last few months my periods are lasting between 2 and 3 weeks and my last period was 19/01/11 and last week i spot bleed for 3 days and i have been getting cramps i have taken the first home pregancy test first respons and there was a faint line then today i went and brought a clearblue digital pregnancy test and it came up not pregnant i dont know if i should wait a week or go and buy another brand it is driving my crazy i want to be pregnant
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
If you got a faint positive the first time you are probably pregnant. With a digital one it's a yes or no answer when in fact with hormones there may not be enough to trigger that yes. When using the old fashioned ones with the lines if there's even a little bit it will at least give you a faint line & if you read the instructions any line at all is a positive.
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
If you got a faint positive the first time you are probably pregnant. With a digital one it's a yes or no answer when in fact with hormones there may not be enough to trigger that yes. When using the old fashioned ones with the lines if there's even a little bit it will at least give you a faint line & if you read the instructions any line at all is a positive.
|

replied March 5th, 2011
Girls calm down...the same thing happen to me, i thought i was pregnant until i got my period and i went to the docotor 2 weeks later and got a pregnancy. Sometimes your body does that, it may trick you to think you may be pregnant but a missed period can be caused by alot of things but mostly stress. so dont stress just weigh it out and just take a pregnancy test but thats if your period doesnt come
|

replied March 21st, 2011
hey well i dont know much about this but i had the samething happend to me.i was 11 days late feeling bad cramps but no period,untill today i started to bleed and have bad cramps.i thought i was pregnant because i have about6m since i stopped using birth control and am usually regular untill this mounth.and i got a (+)a day after my missed period.and ever since i keep getting(-)test.idk what happend and i also dk if i could be pregnant or not but i dont think so...Sad am gonna keep trying.any advise?
|

replied November 17th, 2012
pregnancy test showed positive then negative a week later
if your pregnancy test has gone form possitive to negative then you have most probably suffered a misscarriage this happened to me, i took a clear blue & it said i was 6 weeks pregnant a few days later whilst waiting for a doctors appointment i started to cramp then bleed, the bleeding stopped a few days later so i took another test which told me i was 2-3 weeks pregnant, i informed my doctor who told me to wait it out & take another test in a few days, which i did, it came back negative which meant i had suffered a misscarriage, you have either suffered a misscarriage or you are gettin false negative, hope u find out xx
|