Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Semen And Labor

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Can semon cause you to go into labor? I mean I know sex can but say that it get on you? Does that do the same thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Here Is Your Answer :)
It's mainly the prostaglandins in sperm that trigger things - when they
induce labour artificially, the first step is usually applying
prostaglandin gel to the cervix. Having sex to hasten labour does the
same thing, so long as sperm gets to the cervix. Uterine contractions
caused by orgasm *might* trigger bigger contractions. Just being in the
mood shouldn't cause labour - but you never know. Being in the mood
might actually be a result of being ready for labour... :-)
|

Pregnancy for couples is a time when physical closeness matters a lot.Having sex is no way harmful to your baby unless otherwise told so by your obgyn.Later on in your pregnancy sex may cause a few braxton hicks contractions to occur.Orgasm can set them off but they usually fade away after a few minutes.A woman's body produces hormones during sex which can help nudge her into labor and male semen contains substances called prostaglandins which can help start contractions, however it will only do this if you and the baby are ready for labor.I hope this helped.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
?
Thank you now if I was ready when would I start my labor?
|

Ok let me see here. In the early stages of labor you will have low backache which is caused by the baby settling down into the pelvis.You will have a sudden desire to get everything finished and ready for the baby.Contractions will start off very weak and will be low down at the front of the abdomen,you will then have a little bit milder contraction known as the intermitten contraction which last a few hours and then fade away.You will definitely have diarrhea and a frequent feeling that your bowels must be emptied.At last but not least your mucus plug will discharge,dont worry if it is streaked with a little blood.Your mucus plug dropped usually means two weeks or less until delivery.Good luck.
|

replied July 6th, 2012
Just FYI :)
You won't always have diarrhea...I have had four kids and not once did I get the runs before I went into labor. Also I lost my mucus plug for my first daughter but with my other three kids it never came out prior to labor! I had only back labor with 3 of my kids and never felt the contractions in front! I only had the nesting (need to clean) feeling with my first and last...this just shows that everyone is different during pregnancy and labor! Good luck!
|

Already
Ok it has already fallen out two weeks ago. So what should that mean?
|

2ndly
And oh yeah no dierrieah. I feel like I have it but I dont my stomich feels like when I have a period.
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Lower Back Pain
This morning when I woke up I was having this strong pain but to be honest I am not sure if it is contraction or gas. It hurts really bad and my lower back from my love handels down hurts really bad to. What can I do it did this a couple of days ago then got better I am home alone so I cant get a bath to soke? I have tried heating pad didnt work either. Please what can I do and what do you think?
|

Experienced User
Angel if your haing tightness with the pain then you could be contrating and only felling some of the pain... Time and hold your belly feel for the tightness... And grats....

Some pain is normal but I think your about to have yours...
|

?hope So
Yeah that is what everyone has said to me the pain is so bad.. But there not scedualed you know it comes and goes all withen 10-20 min always right in there well we havent been timeing for alittle while cause we knew it wasnt five yet.. I really hope so. How many days can a woman go through this?
|

replied September 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Sex
From what I hear months. I am sorry I know that is not what you want to hear but sounds to me like you should have your baby soon. I will pray for you.

If you havent had her by the weekend you should have sex and see what happens
|