Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pain Around Belly Button

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Have any of you ever had pain around your belly button?Tonight I started having this sharp pain on the left side of my belly button.When I stand up it gets better but while i'm sitting it is a stabbing feeling.It even gets worse when I pee, just around the navel.Any thoughts as to what this could be?By the way I am making a doctors appointment tomorrow for some time this week.I'm going to get the blood test done to find out if i'm pg or not.Cant wait any longer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes I also get this and I only get this when I am pregnant but dont know why! Good luck
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I had the same pain in my belly botton last night it comes when im laying down though... It doesnt happen all the time just every so often...I think its becuz the babys pressing up against it n pushing it out more n more lol but im not to sure..Im also going to ask my doctor lol but hope all is well hunnie
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I got that just bf my belly button decided to become an outty. I would say that is what is happening to you all
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah that could be it hh. Mine never be4 came an outie--but this time I think it will. Not even 3 months and its very shallow--and mine is mormally deep. Mine came just up to the top with my older angels.
|

Funny
Well this is funny I have a half outty. I have had so many surgerys that it only came out half way but for some strange reason it is starting to go back in actually I just looked and it is back in.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You were saying they said you couldnt have babys, does it have to do with the surgeries. Or the cause of the surgeries?? Just curious!!
|

?
I have server endometriosis and well I will be honest on top of that I was raped about two yrs ago and pretty scared up in there so they said that it made it even harder see I was pregnant and lost it and didnt have a dnc. Well so bc of that I got a really bad infection which made the endometrosis worse which I dont know how that happend. But its ok atleast god has given us this one. I am so blessed. That is one of the reasons I want her so bad now..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oohhh im sorry, your 20 right. Kinda young to be havin those kinda troubles inside, I mean apart from the ones from the rape. Is endometriosis something that runs in familys?? I have heard about it but dont exactly even know what it is. I do know it makes it hard for pple to have baby.
|

?
Yeah it does make it hard to have a baby that is why the dr told us that he didnt ever think that we were going to have a baby and look at me now. I dont really know about if it runs in my family or not I am adoupted so I dont know anything about my past. And there is really no way to know my mom died so I dont know. My dad well I wont go there.
|