Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Ears That Won't Unplug!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hello everyone, :(

i am a new member of this forum. Over a week ago my ears felt plugged and I went to the doctors and was told I had wax in my ears that is making them feel plugged. I was told to put in 1 drop three times a week of mineral oil and then go back in three days to get my ears flushed with water. The mineral oil was to soften the wax so it was easily flushed out. I went and had them flushed but my ears still feel plugged although he looked and all the wax was out. I was told to make another appointment for three days later and to continue to put the mineral oil in my ears.

I decided to go to another doctor that evening to get a second oppinon I was told not to put anymore mineral oil in my ears as the wax was all gone. He looked in my ears and said that I probably have fluid in my ears and to take a decongestion. He gave me a bottle of benadril he said it would make me sleepy and I didn't want to be sleepy. He said to take it 4 time a day. I have an appointment with the first doctor I saw, tomorrow morning 9am. I have not taken any of the benadril. When I swallow I feel my ears pop but they don't unplug I feel a little pressure in my ears.

Had anyone had this plugged feeling in their ears that won't go away? Should I try the benadril? I was told at the pharmasists to just take nose spray but will that help my ears? I really don't know what to do, I really don't like this plugged feeling. Also I have constant ringing in my ears which I had before the plugged feeling. The ringing is much louder and bugs me more than it usually does.

I would like any comments, suggestions or just someone to talk to about this. Thanks you !
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jeremiah1
|

replied November 26th, 2005
Plugged Ears
By now I hope your ears are not plugged but I wonder what you found out? My right ear has been plugged (no pain) following a cold two weeks ago along with my right tonsil hurting. Sore throat goes aways and returns, changing tonsils right to left and back. Now both ears and plugged and my hearing is terrible. Any suggestions?
|

replied May 23rd, 2008
plugged ears
I am curious to know what happened as I have the same problem. Could you let us know how long it took to unplug and what helped.
|

replied June 3rd, 2008
i've had plugged ears for about a month now.. and they seem to not go away... they sometimes itch, and i seem to have hearing problems... is there a way where anybody can help me with some tips..
|

replied November 20th, 2011
why can't someone help us?
i've had this same problem for a year and it won't go away. it started when i had a terrible ear pain that i couldn't hardly stand, my friend gave me some psudoephdrine and it felt better but the clogged ear never went away. i've noticed that it isn't as bad when i'm well hydrated but it never really goes away. someone please help, i find that i'm constently trying to pop my ears and i'm sure it's annoying to my roommates because it is for me.
|

replied December 30th, 2012
My ears have been plugged for years.
I work in audio and this is making it nearly impossible.
85 percent of the time my hearing is so plugged that I cannot work. the other 15 percent usually only one is is open and almost never do I have both ears hearing well.

I need this fixed in a most desperte way. I cant work like this at all. Hearing is my profession , how can I work if I cant hear , making me worthless to my job. LITERLY
|

replied December 30th, 2012
My ears have been plugged for years.
I work in audio and this is making it nearly impossible.
85 percent of the time my hearing is so plugged that I cannot work. the other 15 percent usually only one is is open and almost never do I have both ears hearing well.

I need this fixed in a most desperte way. I cant work like this at all. Hearing is my profession , how can I work if I cant hear , making me worthless to my job. LITERLY
|