Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

spotting after period (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I began spotting a week ago and found it very strange because I had just finished my period about a week and a half earlier. I think I might be pregnant and to be honest I really do not want to be. We used contraception which did not break and there were no other problems as far as I know. I am aware that I should see a doctor to find out for sure but I am simply confused because I did not think that implantation bleeding occured so soon after your period ended. I also have not been very hungry though i'm not sure if it's just because of the stress. I've lost probably a little over five pounds so now I weigh about 90 lbs. I'm petite and thin so it's not very noticable.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kimmy198923
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
i too am going through the same thing. I had my period a lil over a week ago. The last day of it was exactly one week ago. Two days ago I started spotting, it wasn't brown or abnormal in color at all, it was the color it would be during a period, though i had already had one. And the spotting is light, and its off and on. The 1st day it lasted on an hr or two, perhaps 3hrs at the longest. The 2nd day it was half the day. And today, being the 3rd day of spotting, its been light spotting all day long. I took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. Along with the spotting, the inside of my vagina has been hurting, sorta a throbing feeling. If you have learned anything or might know, let me know.
Also, about 5mths ago i got diagnosed and treated for P.I.D. after the meds were all taken that were giving for it, i felt better. But since then, every period i've had has been totally abnormal. Not sure if its associated, but figured worth mentioning. This may help. Try going the the ER during the day, thats what i did when i found out about P.I.D. a few wks prior to the ER visit, i saw my doctor, they ran lots of tests, and said everything was fine. So its possible your doctors could have missed something.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2009
still spotting after period
i had unprotected sex came on my period a week early and now that im off i still was spotting i no my body well once im off im off i don spot extra days and wen i read about it it comes down to pregnacy (implantion bleedig)... and ideas of what tis mite be
|

replied December 7th, 2009
Spotting after Period!
I had my period about 2 weeks ago and I have been spotting for 2 days now. It comes and goes. The blood is not like my period. I also have some cramps on the left side of my lower abdomen. I have been with my husband and only my husband for 7 years now. Can somebody please let me know what it is?
|

replied May 6th, 2011
hai guys am in the same situation, i had my periods for 2days whch they normally 4/5 days, then soon after my period ended for 2days i started noticing a light blood, and i have cramps on my left side of my abdomen, i knw its to early to fill a bby, bt i fill weired movements in my stomach, we have been trying 8 mnths now, can this mean we are pregnant? please advice
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Hi finished my periods a week ago and I've been spotting and I have never spotted before I normally just have my periods for 6 days and than don't get them til the next month but. I've got the feeling that I could be pregnant but not sure.
|

replied August 5th, 2011
I was on my period (induced by provera) on december 22nd and it lasted for 12 days! During that time i took soy (we are trying to have a baby and wanted to give it a shot) i don't have any periods when i don't take provera so i dont know what ovulation feels like or anything else. Well, i have an app on my cell phone saying today (friday august 5h) should be when i ovulate. We had sex twice during my period, and twice after, do you think this is ovulation spotting or could it be implantation bleeding or something else? it's only when i go pee and wipe, not much on it but its pinkish to red (so fresh blood) thanks.
|

replied September 25th, 2011
Check to make sure you got your tampon out. Believe it or not, this happens to alot of women. Especially if there is a strange smell.
|

replied November 29th, 2011
Please help!
Hi, I started my period on November 15th -November 19th. I started spotting very light pinkish fluid November 22nd and it lasted for a whole week off and on. I took 2pregnancy test November 26th and both came out positive. I waited to take the third on Sunday morning and it also came out positive with the second line faded (also on the first two tests as well). A couple hours later I took the clear blue digital tests, and the first one said "pregnant"..I waited an hour and half to take the other 2, and they said "not pregnant." I went to the doctor yesterday to take a urine test, and it came back negative. I'm so confused and don't know what to think. Im not spotting anymore...I need advice.
|

replied January 24th, 2012
it could still mean your preggers when i first got peragnet the same thing happened to me. i took tests at home and they all cam out positive then i took one at the hospital and the doctors clinic and they said negative. then the doctor told me that the tests they have there where not as strong as the ones they took at home. they do it with a mashine. i have a son know. what a month and it will show for sure if not then your fine.
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
omg!!!
The same thing is happening to me. My period was September 15-20 and I started having some small amounts of pink/brown/red spotting and lines when I wipe around the 22nd. I haven't took any tests yet because I didnt think you could be pregnant when you get a period. I just have one question. During this time (after your period) did you have any stomach pains or cramps ? I did.
|

replied November 5th, 2012
Hello! This same thing is happening to me right now -- had a "period" Nov 1-3 (although it was lighter than normal, but with stomach pains/cramps like you) and now (Nov 5) I am spotting again! Did you ever find out what caused your spotting?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
Please help!
Hi, I started my period on November 15th -November 19th. I started spotting very light pinkish fluid November 22nd and it lasted for a whole week off and on. I took 2pregnancy test November 26th and both came out positive. I waited to take the third on Sunday morning and it also came out positive with the second line faded (also on the first two tests as well). A couple hours later I took the clear blue digital tests, and the first one said "pregnant"..I waited an hour and half to take the other 2, and they said "not pregnant." I went to the doctor yesterday to take a urine test, and it came back negative. I'm so confused and don't know what to think. Im not spotting anymore...I need advice. Could It bee too soon to tell?
|

replied April 25th, 2012
Were you PG or not?
|

replied November 30th, 2011
Hi, my situation is a little different i started taking birth control on the 17th of november which was the day i started my period. My period lasted all the way till the 26 that has never happened before so i was worried about that. The day i got off my period i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I went to the doctor to see if i was pregnant but that said as long as i started taking the pill the fost day i started bleeding there's no way i can be pregnant. The same day i came home i went to the rest room and there was spotting of reddish looking color but i had just got off my period on the 26 so im wondering why im spotting? And i don't want to end up pregnant. Any feedback? :/
|

replied November 30th, 2011
I was on the pill for almost 10yrs, and I got off of it about a year and a half ago. I noticed that my body was changing, and I think it was because my hormones were starting to get used to my body again without the pill. As far as "spotting" goes, my spotting was of very faint pink and watery. It wasn't red. Your "spotting" could still be from the birth control getting used to your body since you've barely started taking it. I don't think that you ate pregnant, I think it's still from your period.
|

replied January 27th, 2012
Hi, my situation is different. I got my tubes clipped in 2008. Me and my bf have had unprotected sex. My stomach feels weird like I'm bloated (which I just had my period last week and the bloating usually goes away). My breasts have gotten bigger, my appetite has grown. The preg test I took at home was negative but it could b too early to tell. This would've a blessing if I am pregnant I just have to wait till feb 9 to go to the doc
|

replied March 18th, 2012
spotting after pregnancy
hi , i have my peirod from 11th till 16 march , on 18th march i have a spotting (pink blood) , can i be pregnant ?
|

replied March 20th, 2012
Pregnant with an IUD?
I've had a non-hormonal 10 year IUD for about 7 years now. My husband and I never use contraception and he regularly ejaculates in me (sorry for the vivid details) but we've never had any problems with pregnancy. Lately I've been having SEVERE cramping. I thought it was just a combination of my period and constipation, but my period ended a week ago and the constipation has been corrected and I'm still having horrible cramps. I'm nauseous all the time anyway although now that I think about it I did throw up a few mornings ago. And today I started spotting for the first time ever. Like a dark rusty red. I'm so scared I'm pregnant. Only because I want a baby so badly right now and I'm afraid that if I get pregnant on a copper IUD I won't be able to keep it. Does it sound like I'm pregnant and if so will I be able to keep the baby?
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2012
My period came on March 30th -April 3rd.I had unprotected sex March 15th but no spotting happened,just a period on 3/30 which was unormally not bad and not as heavy as my regualr period and only lasted 4 days which is unormal to me because me period usually last 7-10 days because I bleed very heavy since a child.I started spotting April 9th.I had unprotected sex again on April 4th,just one day after my so called period.I had an appointment but had to cancel because of the spotting.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Hi Basically the same thing I just had my period 2 weeks ago I have the implant in my arm but I've started spotting me and my bf don't use any protection since I thought I don't need it cos of the implant it's beenin 3 years now and when I spot its got a fresh red color and sometimes a brown color please could some one reply x
|

replied May 16th, 2012
pregnant inquiry
hi all,actually am also wondering,is spotting one of the signs that one may be preg,
plse reply
|

replied October 10th, 2012
PLEASE HELP!
Hi everyone. I had my period 9/20/12 and it lasted the seven days, which is normal for me. But two days later i started spotting (bright red). Its 10/10/12 and I'm still spotting. I took a home PG test a few days ago but it was negative. What is going on??? Please help!
|

replied October 26th, 2012
kl
|

replied November 5th, 2012
i was spotting 7 days after my period that was not right or normal n lasted longer ,been gettin cramps ,tiredness,sore boobs n there going bigger also sikness i took a test on monday last week was negitive then a first morning wee on weds last week n that was positive then did another one that night it was negitive still no period can any1 help???? thanks xx
|
12 >>