Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Two Periods In One Month? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I had a second period just two weeks after my last one ended. What could the causes be of this? Is it something that just happens occasionally, or should I make a trip to the doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper KatKore
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Two Periods In One Month
This is the same thing im going thru.How old are you?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2011
Twice in one month.
I am going through the same thing - i came on my period on the 15th of April and i am now back on my period again on the 25th april. This is the first time this has happened to me. Should i go and see a doctor?? I am 17 and i dont know if this could be something serious.
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Hi I am 27 and I had my period last month, then two weeks later I started again and the blood was verry brown and old looking. And now I started again but this time it is verry heavy and the blood looks like pure blood like when your nose is bleeding. Can anyone help please??????????????
|

replied September 25th, 2005
I'm nearly 21. You? Do you think it's an age-related problem?
|

replied October 13th, 2005
I Found a Cure!
Girls,

i had the worst period problem before. Since I was 13, I had painful period. And starting around 15, I would spot 2,3 weeks after a period, and then spotting goes on for 10 days, and then i'd have my period again in a couple weeks. When that doesn't happen, my cycle ranges from 50 days to 60 days.
I'm 27 now. So i've had that problem for 14 yrs. Recently I had to have surgery for some cervical dysplasia. I did some research and it says it is caused by a weak immune system and the research suggests vit b 6, b12, and some other vitamins. 3 months ago, I started taking one a day, b complex and calcium. During the first month, my period was noticeably less painful. Last month my period was noticeably shortened to 5 days instead of 8 days for me. And this month, instead of having a 50 days cycle with spotting in between, I have a 30 days cycle with absolutely no pain.

Try taking vitamins b complex for a few months and hopefully that would help you too.

Wendy
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
I kind agree with you that. I am experiencing the same thing at this time. I had a period two weeks ago and its back. Honestly, not scarring you or anything but that happens to me when Im pregnant. Although, I have always had bad cramps since i was 12 years old and it got worse after my son was born, then something she just said made sense to me. My immune system has always been low, im anemic and alot of it could be caused by endometreosis. Look that up, thats what I have. Its an infertility problem, but you still have kids. They test you by taking a sample of your uterus.. Mention that to your doctor and see what he/she says
|

replied April 7th, 2012
that is the same thing that happened to me wen i found out i was pregnant, i got a period, two weeks later another period, and now its happening again, still unsure of what to do? any help?
|

replied July 10th, 2012
hi
i wish i know when u r online to chat with u i had an abrtion lately
|

replied November 24th, 2012
Hey so you ended up being pregnant in the end? What kind of symptoms did you have? Do you remember? I've been having 2 periods a month since my son was born 4 months ago and the last 2ish months i've been tired, nausea( sometimes) grumpy, heartburn (sometimes)and have been getting headaches.

Let me know
|

replied November 24th, 2012
Hey,

So in the end you found out you were pregnant? Do you remember what kind of symptoms you were having? I've been having 2 periods a month since my son was born 2 months ago and been having pregnancy symptoms for the last 2ish months. HELP!!!!!
|

replied January 27th, 2008
2 periods in a month
i am 37 and i got my peroid and the got it again about 2 1/2 weeks later only its not really a period its brown, could this be because i just started a diet and have been working out
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2008
In my opinion, you should see the doctor. i am 24 now but when i was about 14 years old, i would get my period and it would las forever....one time it lasted 2 months!!!! i know it is a loooong time but i was very young and my parents never took me to the doctor. since then i started having irregular periods that either would last long or would not come for months. when i went to the doctor a few years ago i was given birth control pills to regulate my period and it worked.
|

replied August 30th, 2008
2 periods in 1 month
i've been told to write down my dates of periods when there occuring and then take them to the docs. its very annoying having 2 periods in 1 month Sad
|

replied December 21st, 2008
I'm 23 and still a virgin and started my period on 12/02 and it was very heavy with painful cramps then I started again on 12/19. This second time was darker than usual will very little cramping but I am fatigued. I do not know what the deal is either.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
2 periods in a month
iam married my age 28 iam so warried 2 periods in a month bleeding not repidly its dark brown plz reply about my problm
|

replied August 22nd, 2011
Dark brown blood is old blood, your body stores up blood for menstration and sometimes doesn't get rid of it all. I had this happen when I was pregnant with my son (not saying you're pregnat) and they told me that anytime the blood is brown its ur body passing old blood.
|

replied March 1st, 2013
For some months I have been having this complication and I was worried that I may have cancer or something. I was not aware of this. How long do you think that this usually last.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
It is probably because you have two uterus's
|

replied July 6th, 2012
I do have two uteruses also known as bicornuate uterus I have had numerous issues with my periods since they started as well as sex I'm 24 an married since the birth of my son I've noticed all the previous symptoms are an have become worse my cycle is always been irregular skiping periods all together then now I'm having two this month I've been to the doctors who think I could have endometriosis so instead of testin me shoved me out the door with birth control I feel strange going to get birth control knowing I'm sterile after having got the essure implant which I also wonder if isn't causing sum of my symptoms to worsen idk I feel completely broken sometimes
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
hey im 20 years old and i had a period jan 23th and then i started again feb 1st and i had more cramps and alot of bleeding and blood clots i would have sworen i had a miscarraige but when i went to the doctor they didnt say much about it they done a ultrasound and said i had a cyst but now i havent had a period since idk what to do
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2009
2 periods in one month
i am 28 years old and i have had five children and i have been fixed for three years now.i just had a period on march 6 to march 12,and i started again yesterday march 23.my periods have always been normal.but this month i have also spotted before and after my period.what could be wrong?
|

replied April 10th, 2009
what is going on?!
I've been on the pill for almost a year now and i had my period one week early and then the next week (when i shouldve gotten it) i got it again?! Could this be miscarriage? Should I go see a doctor??
I'm a bit scared as this has never happened to me before..
|

replied April 20th, 2009
2 PERIODS 1 MONTH
i just had my period a week ago and this morning i noticed i was bleeding again but its not that bad and its brownish in color. way could this be? i have had normal periods since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago!
|

replied April 29th, 2009
two periods in one month..could it be perimenopause?
I have had this type of problem very intermittently in the past two years. I thought it was medicine I was on at that time, but now and for the past two years, I have not been on any medicines. I am 46 years old. The periods were two weeks apart and heavy for two days each one. Could it be peri- or menopause???
|

replied July 19th, 2009
P.C.O.S.
I'm 21 years old and have a lot of these issues regularly. It went on for the last 9 years. I went to the doctor 2 years ago and confronted it. The painful, heavy and frequent periods were a result of P.C.O.S. (Poly cystic ovarian syndrome). Typically women with P.C.O.S. miss their periods for months at a time, however, it is also somewhat common to have them too often. The biggest symptoms are the painful cramping and heavy bleeding. I was put on birth control to regulate them and Metforman to regulate my hormones. Just go see your family physician and they'll do some labs to test your hormones, easy and painless! Hope this was helpful to some of you who experience this.
|

replied August 6th, 2009
Two periods in one month/ P.C.O.S.
Hello

I have been on birth control for years. Im 24 years old and I have decided to try to get pregnant. I have PCOS and PKD - Polycystic Kidney Disease. Im normal at this time, kidney function is great!

When I started to get a period at the age of 12 , they were normal and came every month..didnt have weird cramps or anything too alarming except for excessive hair growth - face, tummy, private areas, you name it! So, I went to my doctor and he started Birth Control to see if it would help with this abnormal hair growth..I dont think it did, until about 2 years ago when I was put on special BCs to help with that...and then they added two other pills to help with the hair too...they called this PCOS....

I do have regular periods...but to be honest , I dont really know becuase I have basically been on BCs - birth controls since the age of 13.

Now that I am 24 years old, I have decided its time to try to conceive. I had my last birth control pack in May. Then I noticed last month that I got my period twice, within two weeks of one another. The second period was less days and very light. Right away , I thought " Am I pregnant?!" So, getting too excited right away, I did a pregnancy test the next morning to find it negative...LOL...but then I noticed that the bleeding stayed for 3 days..first day light, second day moderate, last day light again.

My second thought is cycle is starting to regulate itself.

What do you think?

Thank you
|

replied August 16th, 2009
Period after sex?
Im 19 and would say i have irregular periods but for some reason after i have sex with my bf it usually brings about my period either too early or too late like if I havent had my period in lets say 2months as soon as we do it it comes out of nowhere! Last week the same thing happened it came on a saturday and ended on friday but now Im starting to have period like symtoms again (cramps! and spotting) I dont know whats going on!
|
Users who thank Haibaneki for this post: rtapp 

replied August 28th, 2009
Why did I have 2 periods in one month?
I only had my period for about 2 years now and I don't know much about this, but Ive had 2 periods in one month twice already but the second one is always light and I really dont get any bad cramps. Is this nornmal or not? my mom had this happen in the same month as me so did my friend. But I cant really find any answers. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
|
Quick Reply