Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

I Want to Gain Weight

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I am really thin for me. I'm 21, 5' 1", and 85 pounds. I can't gain weight at all. Is there any shakes that will help? I'm currently trying weight gain1850 from gnc. It's okay, but I was wondering if something else was better in the market.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Re: I Want to Gain Weight
I'm not very familiar with the substance you are using, but I would try some whey protein shakes. It's been a while since i've bought whey protein, but one brand I remember is designer whey. I used to get the vanilla flavor.
|

replied October 20th, 2005
I have the same problem as you. However i'm 5'5 and weigh 113. I want to weigh 125-130. I recently got into the gym and doing exercises has increased my appetite. You could also try drinking oatmeal shakes. You take one glass of milk (soy milk is best because it contains more protein that normal milk), and add three or four tablespoons of oatmeal. Three tbs of sugar, some ice and an egg. Put it in the blender and that's it. I gained two pounds after two weeks..But then I got lazy and stopped drinking it.

Yesterday I bought this shake called "real protein" but since I barely started drinking it I can't really tell you the results. I'll let you know in a near future. Good luck with the weight gain, I know how frustrating it can be!
|
Quick Reply