Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Wanting to Do "it" After My Period. (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi everyone! I have a question for you ladies. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I usually have the urge to "do it" after i've finished my period. Does this go for any of you ladies? Or am I weird here? If so, I wonder why.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Glamorgirli
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Re: Wanting to Do "it" After My Period.
jasmlne wrote:
hi everyone! I have a question for you ladies. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I usually have the urge to "do it" after i've finished my period. Does this go for any of you ladies? Or am I weird here? If so, I wonder why.

you are not by yourself. I am the same way. I guess it is an hormone that make us that way. I know I feel like I am in heat and I got to have it and my b/f doesn't understand. He think I am a sex maniac. :twisted:
|

Experienced User
Actually, I think it is indeed a hormone level thing. If you think about it you ovulate within two weeks after having your period. How many less babies would there be in the world if the women weren't in the mood?
|

Experienced User
Well, I know for me, the whole fact that I can't (or won't, I suppose) have sex for at least 5 days gets me all excited to!
|

How interesting. Thanks for your replies.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My urge used to come when I was on my period, but I hate that--guys who want to even when your bleeding--yuck yuck yuck. It is the highest rise of progestrone in the non-pregnant cycle when on period, shortly there after is the lowest phase of progestrone in the non-pregnant cycle.
|

replied September 11th, 2005
Re: Wanting to Do "it" After My Period.
jasmlne wrote:
hi everyone! I have a question for you ladies. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I usually have the urge to "do it" after i've finished my period. Does this go for any of you ladies? Or am I weird here? If so, I wonder why.

i guess it's normal cuz' it happen to me too!
|

replied September 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I always want sexduring my period! I used to think it would be gross having sex during your period, but it's actually not that discusting at all. Its just a bit more slippery and my orgasms are always ten times better! But then again my periods are usually really light!

My conclusion its the hormones!!!!
|

replied September 2nd, 2014
Lol..same, always super excited many days before, during, and days after period..AND during ovulation too!! so basically, it's like almost the whole month i'm feeling it. oh dear...
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Eww, sex during your period? I can't imagine doing that...It would make me feel icky.
|

jasmlne wrote:
eww, sex during your period? I can't imagine doing that...It would make me feel icky.
completly agree. And yeah everyone is like that unless u got no sex drive at all.I know im always excited to see that my period is over.Lol. 8)
|

Especially eHealthy
Yeah, i'm always horny during my sugar pill week because my bf refuses to have sex with me, just in case I could get pregnant (which I love him for). I satiate myself with shower-masturbation and giving him blow jobs... I'd love to do anal while on my period, since I use tampons. I'd just have to convince him; we've already done anal once before!
|

replied October 1st, 2005
You cant get pregnant when you have your period, only the few days surrounding your ovulation.

And having sex when you have your period really isnt that bad! I mean, bleeding is just a fact of life for us women so we shouldnt try to hide it or feel disgusting about it.

Nothing wrong with getting a bit messy...Especially if you have a great relationship with your partner, because you can have a good laugh about it :)
|

replied May 24th, 2011
Actually yes you can get pregnant on your period.
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Jasmine
I still find it uber gross
|

replied October 4th, 2005
Well...For myself..I get the strongest urges for sex like 2 days before..Really bad...And of course afterwards too.
|

replied October 4th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
I'm on the sugar pills right now (started them monday) and of course i'm nervous, as usual. I always am, though I squelch it faily well. Being nervous makes it come later you know!

But I have like, no sex drive right now... I got it a few days ago, so maybe that's why.
|

replied May 7th, 2009
sex sex sex
I find myself really wanting sex 2-3 days before my period and sometimes all during it. Like I need it or I'll explode.
Does anyone else go through this???
|

replied September 2nd, 2014
same, a week before, all during, a whole week after...and all through ovulation (which takes like 4 days or so)..so i'm constantly on heat; it's crazy!!!
|

replied June 17th, 2010
sex drive during period
im almost always super horny during my period. Fortuntely, my wonderful bf doesn't mind so we have sex, it's like i am soooooo horny, it's ridiculous, but it seems my bf gets horny too because we get it on!!

I don't know but sometimes I have sex during my period everyday.

sometimes i won't be that horny during my period but i usually am...
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Same for us. It is like we both get super horny.

Contrary to earlier research that indicated that orgasms during menstruation promote endo, research over the last years indicate just the opposite. The incidence of endometriosis is lower in women that orgasm during their menstruation. So it is also medically more healthy to orgasm during menstruation.

It is also thought that the orgasm contractions run in the opposite direction during menstruation (from the uterus to the cervix vs from the cervix up the uterus when you are not menstruating) and that it will speed up the process of pushing out the menstrual debris and make you flow shorter. I have definitely seen my period shortened by at least a day when I have an orgasm during my period. And the orgasms does feel different for me - it is like the energy is projected out and not inwards like other times. Is this just my imagination?

Oral and fingering is a definite no-no for me though. It just gross me out to think of it.

So YES, one more vote for some quality time with DH during my period.
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Same here. I am extremely horny when I get off my period and me and my husband act like horny kids for a few days.
|

replied August 28th, 2010
i want sex but idk how to instagate with my boyfriend
well i have a question how do i go about letting my new bf know i want sex i mean he is 23 and only wants it like 1 a week and now im on my period and am about to die i want it so bad HELP!!!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply