Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Toothpaste mask

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
For those of you with mild/moderate acne, the toothepast mask really does work. I have heard on tv that j.Lo does it and it works for her, and I have seen people who say that it doesn't work at all and that it is a myth. But, i'll tell ya it works for me. Just take toothepaste, a white paste, not the blue gel, and put it on your pimples, or problem areas, or even your whole face, at night before you go to bed. Wash it off in the morning and go about your business and repeat every night. It helped me a lot. Of course, it burns the first couple of times and you will peel every once in a while. It exfoliates your skin and this is why you peel.
I'm not promising anything, but if you have tried everything else, it wouldn't hurt.
If you have dry skin, I don't know how it will affect you, as mine is very oily. Hope this helps someone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2004
I tried the tooth paste thing and it really works. It dries the pimples out. The only thing I don't like about it is the tooth paste is sticky and sticks to anything you come in contact with.
|

replied August 17th, 2004
Experienced User
I've heard about this and have yet to actually try it on more than a spot. I also have heard that it mostly works because of the baking soda in it. So if you somehow made a baking soda paste it would have pretty much the same effects. Again I havn't tested any of this. Gl to anyone who does. I don't want that crap all over my pillows. I wouldn't want to wash them every day.
|

Experienced User
"i also have heard that it mostly works because of the baking soda in it."
yes... It would work just as well. In fact baking soda paste is safer because different toothpastes can have ingredients that can burn and really irritate your skin. Baking soda is also good for exfoliation (mixed with a gentle cleanser).
|

Extremely eHealthy
That was my post from my old username saturn24.
If you let the toothepase dry before you go to bed then you don't get it on your pillows and such.
It really does help.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile