Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Mood Swings And Lupus

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
Does everyone with this disease have mood swings I have them really bad I am on wellbutrin xl right now but I still am so moody some of my family cant hardly stand me and relationships are hard too cause of my depression can anyone relate
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MELSAETTEL
|

replied December 13th, 2005
Husband of Sufferer
As a husband of a sufferer I can understand your question and I am also looking for advice?
|

replied July 30th, 2012
I also have lupus, I was on Wellbutrin, made me feel the same. My dr took me off and put me on Prozac, much better!

C
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Re: Mood Swings And Lupus
melsaettel wrote:
does everyone with this disease have mood swings I have them really bad I am on wellbutrin xl right now but I still am so moody some of my family cant hardly stand me and relationships are hard too cause of my depression can anyone relate

if you are currently on prednisone, that may be the reason for mood swings. Although the drug helps a multitude of medical problems, it also has many side effects. Depression and mood swings are just 2 of them...I am not aware of any other psychological side effects. I am currently on prednisone, and my mood is rotten. I also get slight tremors of the arms, sweating and shortness of breath. Hope this info is of some help to you
|

replied December 25th, 2010
Lupus and mood swings
I have lupus and my mood swings have caused everything from relationship problems to problems with employment. What I find is that it makes my emotional skin thin so almost anything sets me off. It is not just the prednisone. I am worse on it, but also the other meds make it worse, however it is an underlying problem. I wonder sometimes if it isn't the amount of fatigue and pain we have to deal with on the ongoing basis, or if the problem with cortisol in our systems might play a role, but no doctor will answer me.
|