Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bump Around My Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I recently was taking a shower when I felt a bump around my vagina closer to the hair line then my labia, it doesn't hurt and it just feels hard unless you look hard you can see it but when you do it just looks like a pimple without the redness just like the surrounding skin with a tiny meium sized if not a little smaller bump i'm going to get checked again for std's even though my ex just got checked and came up clean but I would like to at leaset have peoples opinions just for my piece of mind or for info on possible outcomes at the gy. I've had it for two days and it seems to be getting smaller to just extra info. Any help appreciated thank-you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eromsnid68
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I have had those a time, or two. It just so happened I had one during the time of my yearly exam. My gynocologist told me it was just a swollen gland for whatever reason, and not to worry. Just don't poke at it or squeze it in any way. They usually just go away on their own within a week, or two. If it does not go away, though, and becomes very painful I would have it checked out just to be sure.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
I have this lump
When I was washing my vagina I felt a lump on my left vagina lip it was my period it's still there after my period, it is smaller than a pea. I wash daily or every time I pee, I don't shave, I wonder what it is. is it a pimple or just a boil?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
Vaginal bumps
I have the same really, its worrying.. I have a pea sized lump by my vagina it doesnt hurt atall, before it was a whitehead pimple and i squeezed it, and it was fine. now its came back and i can see a little bump with is almost flat on my vagina and underneath is the pea sized lump which i can move around a little. Im dead worried about a doctor. Oh FYI, the bump is just outside my vaginal lips. could it be a swollen gland! HELP!
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
i had it too...it even became red and painfull and made me feel like i needed to squeeze it....but it went away pretty quick after about a week and a half....it started tiny nd grew to about the size of a penny. not sure why but ive had it happen in the same place a few years ago its on my left lip also....but i was checked for std and everything and i was clean and clear. So this should go away soon if not in 2 weeks or so id go to a doctor...and note in two weeks it should be greatly improved u may still feel a tiny knot for a few more weeks till its completley gone
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I too have a single small pea sized lump on my left lip fairly close to the hair line, it doesn't hurt, or discharge anything. It hasn't spread or anything either but it doesn't go away. I cannot afford to see a doctor but I'm abit worried because it hasn't gone away, should I be worried?! Please someone reply with an answer !!
|

replied July 19th, 2012
i have this as well right by my vagina hole .my mom said that it was just a spider bite ,but i had one on the other side of my vagina and it was big and i popped it and greenish white puss came out of it .i am a lesbian and i have never had sex with a male .i have only had sexual intercourse with 3 girls over my whole life so what is this huge bump on me .also it hurts when i touch it
|

replied December 30th, 2009
I have the same situation: red bump, painless and didn't think much of it at the time but 3 weeks has gone by and its still there. Due to my lack in patience i squeezed it and a watery discharge come out. it also turned purple from this irritation. I've been keeping the area clean and dry but im simply too worried to wait any longer, should I be worried?
|

replied September 12th, 2011
i have the same problem, but mine was a watery bloody discharge it was reddish at first but it became really dark purple from irritation, what should i do, i am afraid it could be an STD.... help!
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
Same Issue of Lump on Vagina, Getting Mine Checked
This forum seems to have a lot of "me too" stories and not a whole bunch of answers... although, that said, having people say "me too" is reassuring, b/c it means that the problem is fairly common.

I, too, found a bump around my vagina (closer to the hair line than my labia). It doesn't hurt, but it definitely sticks out. About the size of the top part of my pinky, so a little worrisome. I have no patience, I squeezed it (yes, i'm sure that was the wrong thing to do). A little white pus came out, then clear discharge.

I have a drs appt next week and I will have it checked out. From people's feedback on this forum so far, it sounds like it's nothing to worry about, lots of people have them, perhaps a cyst of some sort.

In any case, I will definitely post again after my drs visit and let you all know what she says.
|

replied March 30th, 2010
i have that same thing im really worried at first i thought maybe a wart but i looked all that up wasnt anything like that im scared for sure and i dont think i have herpes eaither i told my mom about it last night and ive just been really scared im hoping my mom will take me to go get it checked out.because i dont want it to spread if it does im not going to pop it cause theres no point if all of you are gunna say it just comes right back so ill leave it for now i thought maybe just from sweating and not washing enought but i donno im still worrying about it. once i get it checked out i will reply and tell you what they think it is.
|

replied March 30th, 2010
health questions
i have that same thing im really worried at first i thought maybe a wart but i looked all that up wasnt anything like that im scared for sure and i dont think i have herpes eaither i told my mom about it last night and ive just been really scared im hoping my mom will take me to go get it checked out.because i dont want it to spread if it does im not going to pop it cause theres no point if all of you are gunna say it just comes right back so ill leave it for now i thought maybe just from sweating and not washing enought but i donno im still worrying about it. once i get it checked out i will reply and tell you what they think it is.
|

replied April 1st, 2010
swollen bumps
I have a swollen bump two of them actually they are very tiny and flat and not painful and dont itch at all you can kind of see them but only if your looking, but the can be felt. they are on my hair line and dont have any fluids of any sort in them and are not red. i was two months pregnant when i got them then lost the baby and the bumps are still there and that was over a months ago. not sure what it is. any ideas?
|

replied April 14th, 2010
I had about six or seven white bumps at the top of my vagina, I went to the doctor he said it was my hair hair follicles and not herpes, thank God; nonetheless they still were there and I started picking them this is when they became itchy and swollen, I shaved not with a razor but with hair clippers, not touching the bumps, washed with feminine wash, then I put alcohol on them with q-tips and a antibiotic ointment called Bacitracin on them with a q-tip as well, the good news no more itching or swelling! Hope this helps ladies!!
|

replied April 19th, 2010
I am here to report that those mysterious bumps are gone! After treating myself with alcohol and Bacitracin for about a week!...It wasn''t herpes like the doc said or any other crazy disease!
|

replied April 20th, 2010
I have had 2 of these bumps. At first i thought it was a pimple so i just left it and really didnt pay attention to it and it went away like in a week or two. But today i found another on on my right lip, and i got scared. Im only 15 and dont have sex so it cant be an std. Should i worry about it?
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
I've been getting these bumps since I was in my teens. Incidentally it was when I started shaving, but not frequently and usually around my cycle. My doctor told me that it is a swollen hair folical, and that my frequency could be related to my hair being thick and coarse. I'm also prone to ingrown hairs which have similar bumps. Don't mess with it and get it checked out. Ingrown hairs can get infected if the skin gets broken from trying to "pop it like a pimple" so it's always best to get advice from a physician. If its just what I've mentioned, then you'll know. Knowing is better than worrying.

Also, if you've already messed with, make sure you know what color the fluid is. The color can also be an indication of something wrong.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
hay im only 14 and i found a bump on my vagina... im worried about it and its NOT inside, its on the outside. its about the size of a pea, or a pencil eraser. it doesnt hurt much but im affaid to see a docter. since im so young and most people are older when they have this problem. Sad if anyone kan help me, please tell me.
|

replied September 5th, 2012
ME tooo Im so Scared And im also 14 Sad
|

replied May 10th, 2010
Lump on my Vagina!!
Hiaa im 15 and i have a lump on my vagina and im soo scared as its nothing anyone sed?
its not showable but i can feel it its under the skin but its hard and big? also im not sexal active. any help im to embarrased to see the doctor or talk to my mum!
|

replied May 30th, 2012
I just found the same thing on me. I'm 15 too and I googled it after I realized. The actual bump isn't itchy, but it was itchy a few centimeters about it. The itch nigh just be because of shaving, but the bump is scaring me. If you find anything out, let ne know, please Sad
|

replied September 5th, 2012
Hello,Im 14 Ive FOund The Same Thing! Its Realy Scary And I Dont Know What To Do,But its not a pimple coz it doesnt have anywhere tht u can pop it from?
|

replied August 9th, 2013
Hi, I'm 13 ad I have the same thing but the right side and it hurts when I touch it and it also bleeds sometimes. I know it's not a pimple but I'm too afraid to go to the doctor because its kind of embarrassing...can anyone help?
|

replied June 1st, 2010
This is Eromsnid68. I did go to the doctor, she said it was common and would probably go away on its own. It did. She said it could be a little cyst or pimple under the skin. Mine wasn't painful.

I'd suggest waiting to see if it goes away. If it looks infected or tender/painful go to the doctor.

Helen12345 - don't ever be embarrassed to talk to your doctor! That's what they are there for. They see this kind of stuff every day. Better to talk to them then risk your health.
|

replied July 29th, 2010
painful lump on my vagina
i have a lump on the right of my vagina lip mine is painfull and is maken me feel ill and swet alot i dont no what i should do going to see doctor today but im realy worried
|

replied October 9th, 2010
Bump :((
Im only 14 and i found a bump on my vagina... im worried about it and its n the left lip. its about the size of a pea. it hurts much but im affaid to see a docter. since im so young and most people are older when they have this problem. if anyone kan help me, please tell me.
|

replied August 31st, 2011
its all good in the hood(:
dont worry about it it will eventually go away, you can sit in a hot bath and then it will have a head like a pimple and just pop it or if its to hard to pop you can even just take a needle and just barely break the skin and there will be a mixture of both blod and puss but dont worry(: it will be okay, after that just keep it clean and whenever you get the chance, just air out! lol i having the same prob. its all good in the neighborhood(:
|

replied October 11th, 2010
I'm 12 years old and I found a lump on my right lip I am very scared to tell my mom or doctor I'm not sexually active and I'm very scared please help me I'm so scared I don't know what to do it's about the size of a pea and it's not red and it doesn't hurt but I'm very scared. What is wrong with me??
|

replied August 31st, 2011
its okay it should go away by itself and if it doesnt then lay in a hot bath and it will have a white head, like a pimple, and you can just pop it, or it will pop by itself.
|

replied October 22nd, 2010
i have a bump on my lip near my hair line. It started as just a bump now its got a white head but will NOT pop im freaking is the only one any ideas? its about the size of a small pea...
|
Quick Reply