Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Cramps a Week After Period??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I don't know what to think about this. My husband and I have been trying for a baby, but i've been experiencing cramping as if i'm going to get my period. My period ended last friday the 2nd - we've had sex 4 times since then. Why am I cramping? I've never had this happen to me before and it's uncomfortable and very annoying. Periods are one aggervating occurance in a womans life, I don't want another one...

Well, much help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Mild cramping can occur for any number of reasons: cysts, ovulation, hormone change, gas, constipation, viruses or bacteria. Just about any reason. I had mild cramping the week before I was to start my period, along with all my other normal premenstral symptoms. Only my period never came and I am now due april 23rd. The cramping continued for about 3 weeks, and has now mostly subsided. I am a little over 8 wks into my pregnancy now.

Hopefully for you it is just your body getting ready for the ovulation. If you just finished your period and are trying to conceive then I would suggest having sex every day from now until 2 - 3 weeks from now. When finished with the act linger in bed laying on your back or side. Some suggest even putting a pillow under your rear to help keep the fluids in. Good luck and keep us posted!
|

replied August 10th, 2010
Cramps after period
I had my period on the 4th and it ended on 7 th. I've been having cramps today and my period was kinda normal but light. I haven't had sex with my husband since I had my period so I don't really think I'm preg. But what else could it be? I've been very stressed so would that cause cramps?
|

replied September 13th, 2010
my period ended a week ago but im having cramps and really bad back pains, im really tired and dotn feel to good. me and my boyfriend had intercourse during my period, and before my period came on. my last period was 5 days late. is there anyway i could be pregnant?
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Please help
My period finished a week ago on the 10th and on the 15th I've started getting very light cramps nothing to heavy only lasts up to 5/10mins on and off all day and on the 16th I was having yellow discharge, Does anyone know what this means?
|

replied March 29th, 2011
you need to go to a doctor, you might have a urinary tract infection.
|

replied December 24th, 2012
am i pregnant
well me and my bf have had unprotected sex but he pulls out and ive had my period but it was unusual i had it for two days then 2 days after that i was spotting then it stopped the a dsay after that it started again ive been having food craings and very hungry could this mean im preg or somthingelse and oh yea ive been having cramps and back pain and sore brests like i do a few days before my period i hope someone could help any way thxx
|