Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Does Drinking Alcohol Affect the Results On the Preg. Test?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok I know that drinking is not a good idea when you think you are preg. But this wasnt the first time that I have gone though this. But I went out and drank and the next morning I took the pregnancy test and it came out neg and I have all the symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper First_time_mum
|

replied September 7th, 2005
Experienced User
I am really not sure. But based on my experience it doesn't. Had a night out with my girlfriends and was nearly drunk after that. Took a preg test following day - and its positive!
|

replied September 8th, 2005
first_time_mum wrote:
i am really not sure. But based on my experience it doesn't. Had a night out with my girlfriends and was nearly drunk after that. Took a preg test following day - and its positive!

good question
|

replied September 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I think it might--idk though
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
first_time_mum wrote:
i am really not sure. But based on my experience it doesn't. Had a night out with my girlfriends and was nearly drunk after that. Took a preg test following day - and its positive!

i did the same thing so I think no.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
It can affect a preg test depending on your hcg levels. They even say not to drink too much water before taking one, so maybe wait a couple of days and take one first thing in the morn. Good luck!
|

No, alcohol will not effect the results of a pregnancy test. Most of them say that inside thr instructions package.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2009
what if ur drinking when u do take the test? thats what i wanna know.Tests before havent showed up until i was almost 2 months without alcohol? what if ur drinking beer and take a test isthat like taking a drug test? u come up clean lol
|

replied December 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
At what point did drinking while performing a lab measurement seem like a plan? I realize that home urinalisys tests are as simple as they can be made but you stll have to be cognizent. If you felt drunk probably a good move to redo the test just to be sure you didn't make an error.

Dehydration from alcohol is about the only thing I can think of that would affect the test but it would give a stronger bias towards positive. You'd have to drink a LOT to cause that kind of problem.
|