Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Herniated Disk L4 S1 With Rectal &bladder Pressure

I am a 33 year old who was involved in a motor vehicle accident a year ago, I have a herniated disk in lower back, degenerative disk disease, nerve damage, I suffer with rectal pressure, and bladder pressure, because of the nerve damage, I have tried nerve block injections, tens unit, chiropractic care, pain medication, nothing helps, god this is so depressing, doctors say in time the pressure will ease up, if any one out there is experiencing any thing similar, or knows someone with these same conditions, please help, I almost feel like giving up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2003
Experienced User
Your Alternative Medicine
Homoeopathic medicine has excellent formulations of medicines to relieve you of the pain and suffering after the bad effects ofinjury to nerves and bones in teh accident.
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
Herniated Discs
You might want to try Spinal Decompression. I have 5 herniated discs, pain in leg down to ankle and experiencing bowel control loss. After my 3rd treatment on the decompression machine the leg pain has gone away completely. Continuing decompression therapy, chiropractic adjustment and physical therapy 3 days a week is providing me with much relief. I was lucky enough to have found a clinic that houses all of these in one building so I do all three at the same time. If you have not tried the decopression therapy, I highly recommend it. It is the only thing that has alleviated my pain in over ten yrs.
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
oh bootsie i am sorry for your misfortune. by pressure do you mean a feeling of wanting to go or actual incontinense. if incontinence i would see your dr immediately as this can be a condition that needs immediate correction in order to prevent permanent nerve damage....pete
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2009
i am 33 and the same thing happened to me a little over 5 years ago 7/14/04 to be exact...i got in a bad car accident and i got a herniated disc at L4/5 and bulging disc at L5/S1 and a few bulges in my neck as well. i had so much pain i could barely walk or stand for more than a few min. i knew i needed surgery cause the herniation was in the back part of my disc pushing directly on my spinal cord. about a year (or less)later i got pregnant and the pain and pressure was sometimes excruciating and unbearable but i had to make it through for my baby(he is 4 now). every morning i would wake up with shocking pains from my feet all the way up to my head. shooting aching leg pains. groin pain but pain you name it i had it and it was horrible and i was miserable and crying all the time. i tried injections (4 epidural and 1 trigger point), chiro and acupuncture. when my son was 1 i had no choice but to have the surgery. i had lumbar laminectomy with fusion (allograft cadaver bones not metal)at L4/5 the morphine drip every 6 min during my 3 day hospital stay did not touch the pain of having surgery but about a week and a half later the leg pains and symptoms mostly went away except the pain was localized in my back. 2 weeks later (my surgeon was against it) i went back to work with strict limitations. sitting only with a short walk every hour or sooner as needed. anyways i started getting really bad migraines and a week later my surgeon sent me in for an emergency MRI of the area. my spinal fluid was leaking from a tear from doing too much! i had to go back in for emergency surgery (on my birthday) to have the leak repaired with a blood patch on my spinal cord. nov 13 will be 3 years since my 1st surgery and dec 4th for the 2nd. i still have some localized pain and leg pains if i stand, bend or walk too much. i will never be able to lift over 10- 20 lbs but the pain is nowhere near what it was prior to surgery. it's a long hard road but now i do not regret having the surgery and it DOES get better. it sucks to be on pain meds daily but it helps a lot....good luck with everything cause i know how you are feeling. i went through major depression too and i took antidepressants which helped me through and i eventually ended up getting off of them. hang in there and be strong!
|
Quick Reply