Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Mild Numbness In Head After Waking Up

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Often when I wake up I feel I have a mild numbness in my head, but my head does not feel cold and I have feeling in it if I touch it. The numbness often dissipates within 10 minutes. I believe it may be to do with compression of nerves, but I am concerned whether it is inhibiting the supply of oxygen to the brain, which could be more serious. I have not experienced any major effects that may suggest this such as dizziness, lack of concentration, etc, but I am concerned that this numbness could lead to such consequences. Very occasionally I also have the feeling of pins and needles in my head after I wake up. Can anyone shed any light on this matter?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Eternal
|