Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Whiteheads On My Big Nose?!?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I've been having problems with whiteheads for sometime now. I have it all over my face but I have lots of them on my nose. I really don't know how to get rid of them. I tried using biore nose strips but they seem to be making them worse. Help me i'm desperate!!!!

:cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Whiteheads are very hormonal. They will appear no matter how much you do. At least it's always like this for me on my menstraul cycle.

Get a wash cloth, damp it with very warm water, and try to get the root out of the whitehead by pressing on it (do not scratch or rub!!). It will fade eventually if you do this.
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Cake, you really hit the nail on the spot. Try to get facials every 2-3 months. They will really unclog the pores in your skin.

Unfortunately, I used to get facials, but with my recent diagnosis of pityarasis rosea, I will have to postpone that until this is completely gone. I'll probably get a facial in the winter (december).
|

replied October 20th, 2005
I find that salicylic acid has helped stave off whiteheads. I apply a thin layer of 1.5% (this one i'm using now is by md forte, and before that I used murad) lotion after I cleanse my face every morning.
|

replied October 22nd, 2005
Re: Whiteheads On My Big Nose?!?
periwinkle wrote:
i've been having problems with whiteheads for sometime now. I have it all over my face but I have lots of them on my nose. I really don't know how to get rid of them. I tried using biore nose strips but they seem to be making them worse. Help me i'm desperate!!!!

:cry:

try to get a facial once a month. Only a professional can do excision. Also, you may want o produce products with tretinion or aha. They produce a slight peeling effec so they unclog pores. Your derma can also prescribe a pore-refining astringent.
|