Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Introductions Forum

Belly Button Problem

My name is sondra and over the last 3 weeks, I have noticed that I have had some leakage out of my belly button and it crusts up and has a bad smell to it. I had a baby 10 months ago and had a tubal also, if anyone can help me figure out why this is happening please do so.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Possibly an infection. Please have it checked by a dr asap.
|

Experienced User
Do you have your bellybutton pierced? Also, sometimes, if you sweat bad, that is sweat. Once the sweat dries up, it can leave your belly button with crusty stuff and have a bad smell.

Unless there is green stuff oozing out, it probably isn't an infection. You would probably know if you had a cut in your bellybutton. However, if you have it pierced, it may be infected.
|

Belly Button Problems
Thank you for your replys, it was very helpful. I want to add that I do not have a prieched belly button. Only yellow/brownish color, that crusts up. Some belly aches and pains. I keep cleaning it out with a cottonswab and proxide, but it still keeps coming back. Any other information would be of great help to me. Thank you all very much.
|

replied October 27th, 2005
I Hope This Still Helps...
I know you posted this some time ago, I just tripped across it looking up some info for myself

i've had the leakage myself for many years now. Recently i've had a lot of pain in the back of my legs, in a cresent around my belly button, and an increasing amount of constipation.

It turns out these are all symptons of an umbillical hernia. Apparently i've had it for years and when i've told my doctors about this embarrasing leakage they pretty much passed it off as a figment of my imagination. Mine is not so bad they want to operate though it will fix the leakage problem.

I find that it is worse when I am either constipated or when I do a lot of abdominal exercises like pilates or crunches etc.

I highly recommend that if you experience any combination of these symptoms, see a doctor. Make sure you have them send you to a surgeon if necessary or an internist who can check you more thoroughly for the hernia.

The saddest thing is I was referred by a nurse practitioner because they couldn't figure out why my pain was so acute and in such a limited area. Only took about 10 years of complaining to get the right person to listen.

God bless and good health. I hope some one out there gets somethng from this!
|

replied August 6th, 2009
You may have an umbilical hernia. These are hard to detect. I had one, and it took seven months to find. I also developed aches down my legs for some reason, but when the hernia was repaired, that went away. Get tested for a hernia.
|