Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

1 Year Old With Bronchial Pneumonia

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hello,
my 1 year old was just diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia. Can anyone tell me how severe this is? He is on aggressive breathing treatments, oral steriods and oral antibiotics. When will his condition improve and how do I prevent this? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
When I was two, I was diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia. I showed no symptoms until I was actually in the hospital.I will pray for you and I hope god watches over your son.
|

replied November 19th, 2005
Affects You For a Long Time
I had pneumonia when I was 3 and was misdiagnosed for a month until I was hospitalized. I have grown up fine, I am now 26 and I am very athletic and involved in sports and my immune system is strong. The only problem I have had is my lung capacity. I have never smoked but I lose my breath and found it hard to run long distances ( I could but I was slower because I had to control my breathing more). I feel short of breath sometimes but not as bad as asmthma or anything. I heard you get lung scarring after and maybe that is why.
|

replied April 28th, 2009
my 1 year old had pneumonia 2 weeks ago, she was back in hospital 2 days ago with similar symptoms but xray came out ok so no more pneumonia.( i am very confused) your baby should be ok, my little one sure is. Smile
|