Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache 2 Weeks In Back of Head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had a headache for 2 weeks straight in the same area, just in back of my head. Today is the 15 day and it is worse then the other days. The headache is now in the back of my head and in the sides of my temples. Its a throbbing pain now. I am just wondering if this is something I should be worried about. I do suffer from migraines and take maxalt but this is not one of my migraines. I havent been stressed and I dont drink a lot of caffeine drinks. I have tried aspirin and ibuprofen but nothing is helping me. I also tried my maxalt which relieved the headache for that evening but it was back the next morning. I also went to the chiropractor and that didnt help.. Any ideas??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Headaches
Hi,

i'm a migraine sufferer too and i've been on imitrex for the past 15 years. It helps but it gives me too much of side effects. Last year, i've started accupuncture; I go at least once every week or every 2 weeks. It helped me a lot. Also, believe it or not instead of taking imitrex when I have a crisis, I drink marijuana tea. It relieves and relaxes the pressure around my head.
Talk to your neurologist about it. My neurologist is the one who mentioned to me.

Hope that will help you!
Drink a lot of water and take long walks...
Let me know.
|

replied September 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Greetings,

suffering from headaches can be a problem.. Have you gone to your doctor and requested a ct scan.. Ask them what it is.. They will explain to you. And headaches can be casued by msg in foods... Be careful of what you eat.. Cuz that may be the trigger to your headache. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon! =d
|

replied September 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yes msg gives me headache and makes my tummy swell. But I get headaches in back of my head from my blood pressure, my daughter gets them from her neck or upper back out of alignment. I also used to get migraines and I took this miracle drug and it opens the blood vessels in head to stop the pressure and soon they just quit I havent had one for years.
|